1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anointing house with ammonia?

Discussion in 'Spirit-Filled / Charismatic' started by 327, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Princess Bride

The Princess Bride Legend Supporter

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Constitution
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I've never heard AMMONIA being used...I've heard olive oil though....:scratch:

hehe...What do you consider sane? ;)

2. mrslisae

mrslisae Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    LOL

3. razzelflabben

razzelflabben Contributor

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Cool, so in this case, it would seem that the message was not complete until he clensed the house with ammonia then annointed it with oil. IOW's, the message did not end with amonia, but included annointing with oil afterwards. Interesting.

4. razzelflabben

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I wonder why so few of people pray for God's guidance?! We pray for God's guidance in every decision we make, from buying groceries (so that we have enough for the money we have to spend) to where we move to, etc. Why do so few of people pray for God's guidance?

5. razzelflabben

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    This has been bugging me since I read it, I tried to just ignore it, but I can't. What kind of gift did you buy if it wasn't purchased or given out of love? A bag of flaming dog pooo?

God tells us to Love our neighbors and enemies. Seems to me that any act of kindness from the heart then constitutes love. How can you, even on God's command, give a gift to another without love be present? You got to help me out here.

6. ZokpaPette

ZokpaPette New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    US-Constitution
    Faith:
    Christian
    In my village, anointing is done with bleach. This is good way to do because you can clean the house and anoint the house at time the same.

It is good to have clean the house. Demons not like clean the house.

7. lismore

lismore Legend

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    Multi-tasking;)

I use shake n vac!

Do the shake n vac and put the freshness back!

8. ZokpaPette

ZokpaPette New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    US-Constitution
    Faith:
    Christian
    Shake n Vac is a brand of powder of talcum is it not?

Lismore is such a pretty girl name, little girl. Pretty name it is.

9. 327

327 New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I didn't know this thread was still going

10. Father Rick

Father Rick Old Catholic Priest

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Utrecht
    I find the whole discussion of whether or not anointing one's house with ammonia instead of oil is biblical to be rather odd.

Maybe no one's stopped to realize that anointing one's home with oil is not biblical-- so, many are starting with a false premise, then comparing something else to that premise. In scripture the only things other than people that were anointed with oil were the tabernacle and it's furnishings, as part of setting those things aside strictly for God's use. At no time was a home, or any other personal items, anointed with oil in scripture. In fact, the only thing in scripture that I can remember a home being anointed with was with blood at passover.

I'm not saying that such a practice is wrong--- only that it is not prescribed in scripture.

11. ZokpaPette

ZokpaPette New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    US-Constitution
    Faith:
    Christian
    also it be being a waste of good oil. that can be being used for the car or for drinking

i think maybe it be idea of good to use urine to anoint the house as you would not use that in teh car or for being drinking. except romanskinov family but they are gypsy.

12. 327

327 New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Well tell that to someone who deals with spirits and devils, please. So far he is good. Everyone think this is a joke and I see nothing funny. He had spirits in his home and he anointed his home with oil first before the ammonia. The spirits was still there after that. After anointing the house with ammonia I told him to anoint his house again with oil and he hasn't had a problem since.

13. KingZzub

KingZzub Blessed to Be A Blessing

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    UK-Conservative
    Faith:
    Word-of-Faith
    That last post sounds more like witchcraft than Biblical Christianity.

Cheers,
    |ZZ|

14. Tenebrae

Tenebrae A follower of The Way

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Anglican
    Glad you said it:sigh:

15. KingZzub

KingZzub Blessed to Be A Blessing

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    UK-Conservative
    Faith:
    Word-of-Faith
    Yikes, agreeing again Wizeone, what is the world coming to? ;)

Blessings,
    |ZZ|

16. 327

327 New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Praise God! I found something that would make this easier on me. Lol, I’m at work and I didn’t have all the time to type this out.

Anoint
    The practice of anointing with perfumed oil was common among the Hebrews. (1.) The act of anointing was significant of consecration to a holy or sacred use; hence the anointing of the high priest (Ex. 29:29; Lev. 4:3) and of the sacred vessels (Ex. 30:26). The high priest and the king are thus called "the anointed" (Lev. 4:3, 5, 16; 6:20; Ps. 132:10). Anointing a king was equivalent to crowning him (1 Sam. 16:13; 2 Sam. 2:4, etc.). Prophets were also anointed (1 Kings 19:16; 1 Chr. 16:22; Ps. 105:15). The expression, "anoint the shield" (Isa. 21:5), refers to the custom of rubbing oil on the leather of the shield so as to make it supple and fit for use in war.
    (2.) Anointing was also an act of hospitality (Luke 7:38, 46). It was the custom of the Jews in like manner to anoint themselves with oil, as a means of refreshing or invigorating their bodies (Deut. 28:40; Ruth 3:3; 2 Sam. 14:2; Ps. 104:15, etc.). This custom is continued among the Arabians to the present day.
    (3.) Oil was used also for medicinal purposes. It was applied to the sick, and also to wounds (Ps. 109:18; Isa. 1:6; Mark 6:13; James 5:14).
    (4.) The bodies of the dead were sometimes anointed (Mark 14:8; Luke 23:56).
    (5.) The promised Deliverer is twice called the "Anointed" or Messiah (Ps. 2:2; Dan. 9:25, 26), because he was anointed with the Holy Ghost (Isa. 61:1), figuratively styled the "oil of gladness" (Ps. 45:7; Heb. 1:9). Jesus of Nazareth is this anointed One (John 1:41; Acts 9:22; 17:2, 3; 18:5, 28), the Messiah of the Old Testament.

Just like when God was going to Passover Egypt and strike all the firstborn. In order for some to be protected the Lord gave them instructions, One of their instructions was to put blood on their doorpost. I bet you the ones who didn’t probably thought it was weird also. I am in no place to criticize or judge ones relationship with God.

17. 327

327 New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    If its witchcraft, its witchcraft to you.

If God told me to spread ammonia or anoint my house with ammonia, I will be right on it because God works with everyone according to their faith.

Of course I don't have to because I know the power I have through Christ but this gentleman might of not know.

18. Tenebrae

Tenebrae A follower of The Way

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Anglican
    that sounds like the same sort of wiccan relativist rubbish I was into

"If its true for you then it is true"

Tell me where in the bible does it show us that we need to anoint houses

19. 327

327 New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I don't anoint my house with ammonia. So who cares! This is what the gentleman believe God told him to do. I cannot sit here and say anything. We don't have to do anything! If you feel like you don't need to do this, then OKAY! Geez! I just don't see how its witchcraft to do something trying to cast out evil but hey everyone is different. Through my experience, I used oil to apply my faith, or to have point of contact to strengthen my faith. Oil has nothing to do with it. I'm applying my faith but I know it is God. I've cast out demons using anointed oil. I use to be tormented by a spirit until I anointed my room with oil when I went to ORU.

Everyone is different.

20. GodsLittleRocker78

GodsLittleRocker78 Senior Member

Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Pentecostal
    Happy Birthday! April is an awesome month to have a birthday!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.