Parts Unknown
✟240,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
This thread is reopened in case there are any additional questions or concerns about this move.

Give me a bit and I will get the recent threads in OBOB Politics moved to the new forum so discussion can continue.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
all I want to know is are you all going to handle the problem of individuals calling other individuals raciest? That is something that should be on your long list of rules.
Directly calling another poster a racist falls under the flaming rule. Please report any such posts.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
all I want to know is are you all going to handle the problem of individuals calling other individuals raciest? That is something that should be on your long list of rules.
Those are flames and should be reported so that we can handle them.

• Haha
Reactions: MoonlessNight
Upvote 0

hsilgne

Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I agree with eastcoast on this.

Also, did they change the rule back to anyone can report anyone on any post again? I think I seen that recently. I’m not on here very much anymore to keep up.

Pretty sure in light of these changes I will be banned soon. When that happens know that you’re all in my prayers continually. :wave:

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I agree with eastcoast on this.

Also, did they change the rule back to anyone can report anyone on any post again? I think I seen that recently. I’m not on here very much anymore to keep up.

Pretty sure in light of these changes I will be banned soon. When that happens know that you’re all in my prayers continually. :wave:
Yes, anyone can report flames again, but flames don't directly result in bans anymore.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟143,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Oh Lord. So many people would have been banned out of here if all the "you're racist" posts had been reported.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

Can you say that a view someone expresses is a racist view? Like if someone literally said that white people were superior to other races, would calling that view racist be flaming the person?

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Can you say that a view someone expresses is a racist view? Like if someone literally said that white people were superior to other races, would calling that view racist be flaming the person?
No. You can't because its still a flamming subjective opinion. You need to stop with the flamming.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
No. You can't because its still a flamming subjective opinion. You need to stop with the flamming.

"You"? I'm not aware of calling anybody racist on here in a while. The only time I can think of (and I could be wrong) is when someone made a post about Jews being evil and such.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tallguy88

Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Saying "that's a racist view" isn't a flame because it addresses the subject of the post, not the other poster personally. Saying "you're a racist" is a flame because it's directed at the other poster persinally.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Saying "that's a racist view" isn't a flame because it addresses the subject of the post, not the other poster personally. Saying "you're a racist" is a flame because it's directed at the other poster persinally.

Thank you for clarifying that.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
And if the view isn't? They need to add- in their opinion.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.