1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Please check out our two newest forums, the "Buy, Sell or Trade" (link ) forum in the Society Category, and the "Conspiracy Theories" (link) forum in our Discussion and Debate Category.

Annie Oakley--Jewish or Native blood???

Discussion in 'History & Genealogy' started by cherokeehippie, Aug 24, 2005.

1. cherokeehippie

cherokeehippie Senior Veteran

Faith:
    Messianic
    Hey everyone, This question may be kind of Meshugganah(crazy) but here it goes! Is it possible that Annie Oakley is of Jewish ancestry or of Native American descent?? Her maiden name is Moses--Phoebe Ann Moses. (Oakley was her show name) She grew up as a quaker though, and I believe she knew Yeshua. Her parents names were Jacob Moses and Susan Wise. I just read a book about her written by her niece back in the forties. Her niece has written this paragraph and I'll quote it:
    "her beauty, too, was striking and of a type suggestive of race. Somewhere in the family line, parents or grandparents, or further back, lies the reason for this heritage; but of her forbears not a great deal is known. Enough to be suggestive, however." page 12,
    "annie Oakley her life and times" by Annie Fern Swartwout. 1947
    I'm either thinking she has Native American blood or Jewish ancestry. What do you all think?? Here's a link to her Photo:
    http://infohost.nmt.edu/~joy/pics/annie.jpg
    and another:
    http://www.geocities.jp/shun_disney7/az-02.jpg

2. cherokeehippie

cherokeehippie Senior Veteran

Faith:
    Messianic
    I just changed my avatar! That is Annie Oakley as my avatar now!

3. Malakar

Malakar Molting Vermin

Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Pentecostal
    Her name wasn't Anni Goldberg, or Schneiderman or Rosenburg. Maybe if her name was "dat Meshugunah, Yenti, Putz, Anni Oakley. I might think she was of Jewish descent (just kidding)

Can you back up your claim with any historic evidence?