Ann Coulter: Knowing What We Know Now, Would You Say Jeb Bush is ?

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Knowing What We Know Now, Would You Say Jeb Bush is ? | TownHall

(Mod EDIT removed a key negative descriptor provided by Ann Coulter relating to Jeb Bush's thought processes.)

This is why all six of Jeb Bush's answers to Fox News Channel's Megyn Kelly -- as well as Marco Rubio's premeditated answer a week later -- were ridiculous. It's annoying enough having liberals invent these historical fantasies. Do our fearsome Republicans have to keep retelling them, too? If they don't follow the news, can't they read?

Kelly asked Bush: "Knowing what we know now, would you have authorized the invasion?"

The correct answer is:

Now that we know that a half-century of Teddy Kennedy's 1965 Immigration Act would result in a country where a man like Barack Obama could be elected president, and then, purely out of antipathy to America, would withdraw every last troop from Iraq, nullifying America's victory and plunging the entire region into chaos, no, I would not bother removing dangerous despots in order to make America safer.

Instead, I would dedicate myself to overturning our immigration laws, ending the anchor-baby scam and building a triple-layer fence on the border, so that some future Republican president could invade Iraq without worrying about a foreign-elected president like Obama coming in and giving it away.

Ann Coulter makes a well-reasoned argument.

Last edited:

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Actually it isn't well reasoned at all. Kennedy didn't make the bill, he only promoted it, it was voted in by a landslide including by republicans. It wouldn't have prevented Obama from being president, and building a triple layer fence would have been a very expensive project defeated by a pair of bolt cutters.

As usual Coulter is a joke.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Actually it isn't well reasoned at all. Kennedy didn't make the bill, he only promoted it, it was voted in by a landslide including by republicans. It wouldn't have prevented Obama from being president, and building a triple layer fence would have been a very expensive project defeated by a pair of bolt cutters.

As usual Coulter is a joke.
Sure, there's more than a little hyperbole. That's what Ann Coulter does.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Good lord, I almost feel bad for someone who reads that and thinks it presents a good argument. Kinda like how I almost feel bad for that guy who drove his Veyron into a lake as part of an insurance scam; it's a level of stupid that almost warrants pity.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Good lord, I almost feel bad for someone who reads that and thinks it presents a good argument. Kinda like how I almost feel bad for that guy who drove his Veyron into a lake as part of an insurance scam; it's a level of stupid that almost warrants pity.
LOL ... noting that the only person here who came close to addressing the issue confirmed the substance of the OP.

Reactions: Avid
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Ann Coulter makes a well-reasoned argument.

Yes. She can be counted upon to talk sense when so many others are talking out of both sides of their mouths. Alas, not everyone understands what she is telling them.

My only objection to her is that she is willing to take half a loaf and support a compromise candidate or a moderate when she fears that a candidate who is too pure will not be able to win. While I appreciate the logic in that, there doesn't seem to be much evidence that a wishy-washy candidate DOES have an advantage, as witness McCain, Romney, Dole, etc. etc.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
We were told that the Iraq War wouldn't cost us anything as it would be offset by the sale of Iraqi oil.

We were told that there were WMD's.

We were told that after we overthrew Saddam Hussein that democracy would flourish and Iraq would be a stable democratic ally.

We were told that we would not need a force to occupy Iraq for long periods of time.

All of these turned out to be completely false.

Reactions: HonestTruth
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,421,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
..speaking of "historical fantasies":

"Now that we know that a half-century of Teddy Kennedy's 1965 Immigration Act would result in a country where a man like Barack Obama could be elected president, and then, purely out of antipathy to America, would withdraw every last troop from Iraq, nullifying America's victory and plunging the entire region into chaos, no, I would not bother removing dangerous despots in order to make America safer."

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
..speaking of "historical fantasies":

"Now that we know that a half-century of Teddy Kennedy's 1965 Immigration Act would result in a country where a man like Barack Obama could be elected president, and then, purely out of antipathy to America, would withdraw every last troop from Iraq, nullifying America's victory and plunging the entire region into chaos, no, I would not bother removing dangerous despots in order to make America safer."
What is this historical fantasy of which you speak?
scratch.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_and_Nationality_Act_of_1965

The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 (Pub.L. 89–236, 79 Stat. 911, enacted June 30, 1968), also known as the Hart–Celler Act,[1] abolished the National Origins Formula that had been in place in the United States since the Emergency Quota Act of 1921. It was proposed by Representative Emanuel Celler of New York, co-sponsored by Senator Philip Hart of Michigan, and promoted by Senator Ted Kennedy of Massachusetts.
During debate on the Senate floor, Senator Kennedy, speaking of the effects of the act, said, "our cities will not be flooded with a million immigrants annually. ... Secondly, the ethnic mix of this country will not be upset".
Immigration changed America's demographics, opening the doors to immigrants from Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. The Latin American population has also dramatically increased since 1965, though this was more due to the various unexpected results of this act ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sure, there's more than a little hyperbole. That's what Ann Coulter does.
Which is why her intellect is wasted. Her insights rank below the average stand-up comic. She is merely an entertainer, unfortunately. he "insight" into Jeb Bush is neither new nor useful.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
huh?

It seems like some people think that we should have just let this horrible murderous dictator rule over his own country

real glad you folks were not around in the 1930's
Why don't we do anything about North Korea? Oh that's right... That's a country that can hurt us.. Silly me!

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Which is why her intellect is wasted. Her insights rank below the average stand-up comic. She is merely an entertainer, unfortunately. he "insight" into Jeb Bush is neither new nor useful.
Thanks for your opinion, Cow.
smiley_wink.gif

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the brilliant rhetorical question, Valentine.

You're welcome.

Someone had to bring the brilliance -- I figured it might as well be me. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
huh?

It seems like some people think that we should have just let this horrible murderous dictator rule over his own country

uhmmm...the operative words here would be "his own country". :wave:

real glad you folks were not around in the 1930's

Me too I'd be like really REALLY old today! :eek:
tulc(well....really oldER) :sorry:

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
huh?

You know there are horrible murderous dictators all over the globe, right? What made this one so special and who appointed U.S. the arbiters of who should rule what nations?

Upvote 0