Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think there's a certain selection mechanism; people who are angry tend to seek out a church that resonates with them, and if they run into an angry Baptist, maybe they become Baptists too.

But, as you say, bad to generalize. I know some awfully fine Baptists around here.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Anger is a result of passion. It in itself is not nessecarily sin. If the passion is sinful (Lust, jelousy, fear) then the anger will be sinful. Jesus passion was for God therefore His anger was not sinful. If you meet someone who is never angery then you met someone without any passions. Most people get angery because of selfishness. They have something that they want to happen, and its not quite going right so they start to lose it. I am very passionate about seeing lasting growth in Christians, which leads to anger when I see false doctrines being taught. The only way this type of anger can become sin is by my responce in it.

The church I go to seems to be inveloped in love. This love seems to draw us closer and closer to each other every time we meet. Most of this can be credited to the examples that our leader keep setting and incouraging us into. As our leaders grow our church seems to grow. This leads me to believe that the reason that this anger is being notice in so many churches is because the people aren't being nurtured.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by SnuP
Anger is a result of passion. It in itself is not nessecarily sin. If the passion is sinful (Lust, jelousy, fear) then the anger will be sinful. Jesus passion was for God therefore His anger was not sinful. If you meet someone who is never angery then you met someone without any passions. 

I talked to someone from my church about this before. He's actually a Christian counselor & said that it's okay to have godly anger. (I'm don't mean hatefulness, though). I mean being angry with about the sin. It's okay to be angry.

Upvote 0

Hector Medina

Questioning Roman Catholic
May 10, 2002
San Antonio,Texas USA
Visit site
✟16,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My perspective on Baptists is not good.

In the U.S.

Highest crime rate
Highest divorce rate
Highest suicide rate
Highest pre-marital sex rate
Highest teen/premature pregnancy rate
Highest abortion rate
Always attacking diffrent denominations thinking they're better.
Have the most racists/bigots.

However,it looks like they have the most activists......
And are the largest Protestant denomination.

In Christ,

Hector

DISCLAIMER:
This is from my own personal experiance and there is *no need* for bias here.
I deeply apologize to any whom I might of(and probably have)offended

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I must say as a Methodist Minister's daughter, we have our share of angries too. There is one in my dad's church who confronts him over EVERYTHING. When the Social Concerns helped Elian Gonzales' father get his son back, there he was. dad has joked privately that this fellow would be much happier in the Baptist Church--but maybe not. He would then have to deal with people more like him.

On the other hand we have a Baptist friend who is as kind and spiritual as can be. But he is also a Mason. Another faction of Baptists wants to put out those who join the Masonic Lodge.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.