Alberta
✟41,114.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i need some help please. I'm at work doing a job. I'm taking way to long on it and the measurements aren't coming out right. I'm super frustrated and getting really angry. I'm having trouble releasing my anger in a efficient manner and I'm starting to say cuss words. I'm so stressed out and I know I'm not dealing with it in a godly way. Please help. Don't just say give up your anger to God, I feel like throwing something across a room right now.

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
i need some help please. I'm at work doing a job. I'm taking way to long on it and the measurements aren't coming out right. I'm super frustrated and getting really angry. I'm having trouble releasing my anger in a efficient manner and I'm starting to say cuss words. I'm so stressed out and I know I'm not dealing with it in a godly way. Please help. Don't just say give up your anger to God, I feel like throwing something across a room right now.

are you still at work?

if you are, you just have to suck it up, that is part of being at work.

if you home right now, take a pillow, put it on your bed, smash it with your fist as hard and as many times as necessary

sign up for boxing classes at a gym, and once you get the hang of the basics, buy a punching bag for your home

running also helps.

hope this helps.

Upvote 0

yuppers

Mar 25, 2014
Alberta
✟41,114.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks guys. I wrote that at the start of my lunch break. Once my lunch break was over I was a lot more calm and managed to finish the job. I got super mad because our shop rate is $110 a hour and I probably took 1.5 hours longer then I should of on that job. I start to feel bad for the customer and I get mad at my ability to complete the job efficiently.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I understand. Really appreciate your attitude about being concerned about the customer.

Someone said don't bother Yahweh with the small stuff. I just can't go along with that statement because all my stuff is small to Him and I know He wants me to rely on Him. He's a master at everything - why wouldn't I asks for His help.

Glad that things were better after your lunch break.

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks guys. I wrote that at the start of my lunch break. Once my lunch break was over I was a lot more calm and managed to finish the job. I got super mad because our shop rate is $110 a hour and I probably took 1.5 hours longer then I should of on that job. I start to feel bad for the customer and I get mad at my ability to complete the job efficiently.

no worries

it happens to the best of us

Upvote 0
Jun 14, 2009
✟14,916.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Bible tells us in the Epistle of James, to be quick to listen, to be slow to become angry, and to be slow to speak. Any time you feel that you start to get angry, stop, take a pause, do not talk for a few seconds or if possible minutes, until you feel calm, then talk, regardless to whom you talk, or what you talk about. That will give your brain, to respond logically, thoughtfully to an event, instead responding out of emotion, which possibly you will regret latter. We tend to respond out of emotion much quicker, than out of logic and thought, to events which bring us stress.

If you have build up stressful negative emotions in yourself, admit to yourself that you feel angry, and say to yourself, I feel angry because of this or that, and try to feel for yourself, that angry feelings. Accept them for yourself, and do not pretend that you do not feel angry, because that will increase anger. The way to diffuse anger, is to accept for ourselves, that we feel angry, feel the anger ourselves. You can write your angry feelings on a peace of paper, and then tear up the paper afterwards.

Upvote 0