✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
http://time.com/time-person-of-the-year-2015-angela-merkel-choice/

Time magazine has named German chancellor Angela Merkel its Person of the Year, citing her resolve in leading Europe through this summer’s Greek debt crisis, and her encouragement of other countries to open their borders to migrants and refugees.

This is the last paragraph of the article:

At a moment when much of the world is once more engaged in a furious debate about the balance between safety and freedom, the Chancellor is asking a great deal of the German people, and by their example, the rest of us as well. To be welcoming. To be unafraid. To believe that great civilizations build bridges, not walls, and that wars are won both on and off the battlefield. By viewing the refugees as victims to be rescued rather than invaders to be repelled, the woman raised behind the Iron Curtain gambled on freedom. The pastor’s daughter wielded mercy like a weapon. You can agree with her or not, but she is not taking the easy road. Leaders are tested only when people don’t want to follow. For asking more of her country than most politicians would dare, for standing firm against tyranny as well as expedience and for providing steadfast moral leadership in a world where it is in short supply, Angela Merkel is TIME’s Person of the Year.

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Merkel, like Hitler, will impose policies that will be disastrous to Jews in Europe. I can see why a left leaning rag like Time would give her this honor.
Pow! Straight for the irrelevent Godwin!

Reactions: Butterfly99
Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Pow! Straight for the irrelevent Godwin!

Actually, its relevant. It concerns a German chancellor, a magazine that is giving an honor to one of those chancellors that it gave to the other, and both chancellors are implementing policies that will be disastrous for Europe's Jewish population.

Your charge of Godwin has failed. Reality has won.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Meh. I was Time's person of the year in 2006. It's not a big deal.
th

Reactions: Butterfly99
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Seriously though. She thinks she rules Europe. All she does is push the EU closer to the brink. Greece may still leave over the debt crisis. The UK votes on it next year I think.

Merkel's strong arm tactics are not good for long term European stability. Both her handling of the refugee situation, or her economic policies.

Britain wants to quit Europe: Shock new poll shows EU 'no' camp ahead for the first time as Cameron prepares to face down Tory rebels

A majority of British people would vote to leave the European Union in the wake of the migrant crisis engulfing the continent, a shock new Mail on Sunday poll has found.

If a referendum were to be held tomorrow on whether to remain a member of the EU, 51 per cent of British people would vote ‘No’.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-time-Cameron-prepares-face-Tory-rebels.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read this issue yesterday. Time gushed over Merkel with the same glowing sycophancy as they always have Obama, and praised her decision embracing national suicide repeatedly. What I really found interesting, however, was the short list for the award.

Second on Time's list for Person of the Year was Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of ISIS. Time had a number of nice things to say about him as well.

Makes sense, in a twisted manner. Merkel is embracing a policy which, within a few generations, will render Germany virtually nonexistent. And the runner up for the award is the guy who will happily assist her in making that happen.

Bruce Jenner also made the list, along with Hassan Rouhani.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
http://time.com/time-person-of-the-year-2015-angela-merkel-choice/

Time magazine has named German chancellor Angela Merkel its Person of the Year, citing her resolve in leading Europe through this summer’s Greek debt crisis, and her encouragement of other countries to open their borders to migrants and refugees.

This is the last paragraph of the article:
Merkel is an idiot. Muslims are the 7th head of Satan and have started the Battle of Ar Mageddon, and should not be let into a Christian nation to kill us. I predict that some of the Muslim immigrants she has let into Germany will soon stage a Paris-style attack there. What will she say then?

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Merkel is an idiot. Muslims are the 7th head of Satan and have started the Battle of Ar Mageddon, and should not be let into a Christian nation to kill us. I predict that some of the Muslim immigrants she has let into Germany will soon stage a Paris-style attack there. What will she say then?
If they don't what will you say?

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Merkel is an idiot. Muslims are the 7th head of Satan and have started the Battle of Ar Mageddon, and should not be let into a Christian nation to kill us.

Maybe we should drop 100-pound hailstones on them.:preach:

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
If they don't what will you say?
I have been making predictions since 1992, and all of my predictions have come true. Have yours?

Most Germans evidently agree with me because Merkel is slipping badly in the polls since the Paris attack, and there is now a movement underway to depose her. And the guy who is most likely to replace her has promised to build a fence to keep immigrants out of Germany.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/69455aec-7b4d-11e5-a1fe-567b37f80b64.html#axzz3v4QwH731

Upvote 0