"Angel" tamed courthouse killer with "Purpose Driven Life" lesson, and crystal meth.

Marklet12

Mar 18, 2005
✟9,504.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Remember the story of Ashley Smith, the woman who persuaded gunman Brian Nichols to turn himself into authorities after a courthouse rampage? She said she had turned his heart with pancakes and readings of "A Purpose Driven Life," but now she reveals that she also gave him crystal meth. Hmmmm...I wonder if she'll continue to be Rick Warren's mascot?

MERCY@GRACE

Jan 1, 2005
✟3,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
She was on oprah yesterday, and to sum it up, she was a 'struggling' christian and that night was her wake-up call. She feels tHAT WAS God's way of giving her a wake-up call.She did not partake in it that night. After he tied her up, he asked if she had pot-not thinking clearly-she said "no, but I have meth". Then she thought to herself, "did I just say that, what am I thinking"

She did seem to be a little weird in her interviews right after the incident- but yesterday and today on GMA-she appeared to be "normal". Oh and Rick warren gave her a surprise visit on oprah yesterday:)

Upvote 0

DhaliClone

Oct 28, 2004
✟17,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
MERCY@GRACE said:
She did seem to be a little weird in her interviews right after the incident- but yesterday and today on GMA-she appeared to be "normal". Oh and Rick warren gave her a surprise visit on oprah yesterday:)
Well, if she hadn't used meth that night, then she was probably having withdrawals. Seeing that she's normal again, she must have gotten her fix of the super ice.

Teshi said:
I always thought that A Purpose-Driven Life was one of those things that only seem deep when you're high. A literary lava lamp, if you will. :D
That would explain the reason it affected both of them so much. ;)

Upvote 0

DhaliClone

Oct 28, 2004
✟17,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Kelly said:
God uses imperfect people, since we are all that way.
I don't know, it just seems like what God has to say would make more of an impact if it came from someone "perfect."

People aren't going to believe anything someone says, if they're so imperfect, like you say. Pat Robertson says he speaks for God, then he talks about assassinating Presidents of countries and murdering homosexuals.

If God was going to use someone to truly speak for Him, then they're going to be HAVE to be perfect to actually be believed. You really think he'd choose someone with so many character flaws that are easy to exploit, like a druggie or a murderer, instead of someone perfect like Jesus? That wouldn't make any sense.

The reason that Jesus is revered the way he is now is BECAUSE he was perfect, and because he was perfect people believed that he actually spoke for God. There was nobody before him, and nobody after him, that has had such an impact, because everyone else is just a regular person.

Christianity would probably be just another footnote in the History books if God had used Average Joe instead of Jesus. If He truly wanted to make an impact like that again, he would do the same thing He did before.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kelly

Dungeon Master
Mar 20, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟24,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
DhaliClone said:
I don't know, it just seems like what God has to say would make more of an impact if it came from someone "perfect."

People aren't going to believe anything someone says, if they're so imperfect, like you say. Pat Robertson says he speaks for God, then he talks about assassinating Presidents of countries and murdering homosexuals.

If God was going to use someone to truly speak for Him, then they're going to be HAVE to be perfect to actually be believed. You really think he'd choose someone with so many character flaws that are easy to exploit, like a druggie or a murderer, instead of someone perfect like Jesus? That wouldn't make any sense.

The reason that Jesus is revered the way he is now is BECAUSE he was perfect, and because he was perfect people believed that he actually spoke for God. There was nobody before him, and nobody after him, that has had such an impact, because everyone else is just a regular person.

Christianity would probably be just another footnote in the History books if God had used Average Joe instead of Jesus. If He truly wanted to make an impact like that again, he would do the same thing He did before.

You're approaching this with the idea that humans, that Christians can be perfect, we can't. We can strive for perfection, but if we could be perfect, we would not need the sacrifice of the spotless lamb, Jesus.

Nearly every single person in the Bible had faults.
Abraham - Cowardice/Lied
Moses - Murdered
Jacob - Usurped birthright
Elijah - Cowardice
David - Adultery
Matthew - Tax collector
Peter - Denied Christ
Paul - Persecutor of Christians

That doesn't depress me or make God's message weak, it is the opposite, it gives me hope.

So that sister in Christ use(s/d) Meth. God will work in her life and she'll be freed from bondage to drugs, and it will bring glory to the Father.

Upvote 0