jesusfan211

Aug 16, 2003
maryland
Visit site
✟15,267.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I have an angel story. :holy:

Back when my wife and i just started our walk with Jesus, I had a night job sweeping parking lots at night. I was the only one on the truck, so I had lots of time to pray and fellowship with Jesus, as I was driving though the lots. My wife was a little unesay about being home alone at night, with our 1 year old son at the time. And she told me about this, and I started praying heavly for Jesus or an angel to watch over my family at night while I was at work.

About a week or two later, My wife told me about a white light that she sees at night outside our dinning room window. The light would go from backyard to front yard. So as the light passes, she looks out the front door and sees nobody out there. There are no cars travingling down the road so it isn't headlights. And it would happen once or twice a night. So I said thats weird and on my days off I would look for the light, but never saw it. She didnt see it either when I was home. She would only see it while I was at work.

One night our next door niehbor came over late And noticed the light passing by. She told my wife this, and my wife is like you see it too?

About two weeks later, my sister-in-law came down for a weekend to visit. While we were all home, no light. When I went to work, both my wife and my sister-in-law saw the light. Later that night I called, They told me they saw the light again. I asked how long ago did you see it. And they told me. I told her that I was praying for an angel to watch over the house at that time, and have been praying for a few weeks now. Then I relized that it was an angel. then i The got chills (holy ghost). I knew it was Him. (I'm getting chills writing this :prayer: )

I never saw the light. About month or two later I lost the job, and was home more at night. The light never came back. Jesus protected my family when I couldn't be there.

An Angel? Jesus? We know it was :bow: Prasie God

Upvote 0

jesusfan211

Aug 16, 2003
maryland
Visit site
✟15,267.00
Faith
Pentecostal
rainbowprism said:
Is this a spiritual gift that one can pray for? Of course, if you can see the good spirits...can you see the bad ones too Father Rick?
Oh yea, and I seen a nasty one onetime. It was the form of a dark shadow.

While I was working one night sweeping parking lots. ( I drove a power sweeping truck, Cleaning parking lots) I got up behind one building and noticed a lot of trash up beside the dumpster. ( remind you that I pray constinly while I work)

I jumped down from the truck , and left the door open. Whent to the back to grab the backpack blower, and started to blow the trash out from behide the dumpster. When this shadow, (and I know it was a shadow cause I can the ground below it, and it seemed to have red eyes. )

This shadow started following me at a real fast pace. I would jump up, point the blower at it, and it still kept up. So I yelled (IN THE NAME OF JESUS) I then imedeitily put the blower away and hopped in the truck. but before I took off I looked out the window. And nothing was there.

Praise God :prayer:

Upvote 0

TheTempleTeam

Summer Of Love!
Apr 22, 2004
Aberdeen University, Scotland
✟17,358.00
Faith
Christian
jesusfan, also incredible stories :) I can really identify with the second one, I've seen evil spirits since I was 7 years old. It's been a hard gift to accept, I was really effected by it when I was younger, seeing them at school and stuff... but I've learnt how to deal with it now, and it helps me pray. I have seen and sensed Angels too :)

Upvote 0

Father Rick

Peace be with you
Jun 23, 2004
Sitting at this computer
Visit site
✟21,921.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
rainbowprism said:
Is this a spiritual gift that one can pray for?
1 Corinthians 14:1 says:
Pursue love, yet desire earnestly spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.
The word there for 'desire earnestly' means literally 'to burn with zeal for'. You can, and should, desire ALL the spiritual gifts to be active in your life. The list of 9 'gifts' in 1 Corinthians 12 are actually called 'manifestations of the Spirit' (or how the Holy Spirit manifests Himself). I prefer thinking of them in that way because when people start talking about spiritual gifts, they start thinking about what gifts they 'have' or 'don't have'.

ALL believers have the Holy Spirit residing within them. As such, He can manifest Himself however and whenever He sees fit IF we will allow Him to.

If I have to 'label' this type of spiritual manifestation, I would probably categorize it as 'discerning of spirits'.

Of course, if you can see the good spirits...can you see the bad ones too Father Rick?
I have seen them. At the same time God began allowing me to see angels I began seeing demons. Now, an important little note here-- there are twice as many angels as there are demons since only 1/3 of the angels fell. People who are seeing demons all the time and ONLY see demons concern me.

Nowhere does the Bible talk about the 'discerning of devils', it is the 'discerning of spirits'--good spirits (angels), bad spirits (demons), divine spirit (God/Holy Spirit), and human spirits (we are spiritual beings as well as fleshly). One way in which 'discerning of spirits' operates with me, as one who is in leadership, is in knowing what spirit is motivating a particular spiritual manifestation. Just because something is 'supernatural' does not always mean it is from God. Sometimes it is a 'counterfeit' in that Satan is trying to deceive/cause division. Sometimes it is from a well meaning person who is just over-zealous (i.e. a person giving a 'message in tongues' when it's just them, not God).

I do want to emphasize though that I'm not going around just seeing all this stuff all the time. I only see what God allows me to when He allows me to. Spiritual gifts/manifestations are just tools to better equip us to do the job God has called us to do. They should not be our goal. Our goal should always be to impact as much of our world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ as we possibly can. Then, with keeping that as our goal in front of us, we should desire to be the best equipped Christians (as many tools as possible) we can possibly be in order to reach that goal.

Upvote 0

cajunhillbilly

Jul 4, 2004
Dallas, TX
✟16,522.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I have seen angels once or twice. Both times they appeared to me as normal persosns. They gave me a message of encouragement from God. Once I turned away from the angel and when I turned back a second later he had disappeared. I have also sensed the presence of others in the room I am in when no one is there. I have also sensed evil spirits and when I rebuked them in the Name of Jesus, they leave. I too think it is more important to concentrate on Jesus, then His angels. They are sent by Him to minister to us and to draw us to Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IloveJesusMyFather3:16

waiting for Jesus, my beautiful Savior, to return
Jun 14, 2004
Tennessee
✟16,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WOW jesusfan!! What a couple of stories. You know, it makes me so happy to hear that you all know how to rebuke the devil. Does anyone bind, loose, cover with the blood, and cover with the armour?? The Lord taught me these prayers. I live with an unsaved person and am ALWAYS getting attacked...sometimes I see stuff I really don't wan to see. When I say these prayers the devil usually runs aways screaming. When I say the Lord taught me these prayers I mean: I had a dream that the devil came up through the floor and was coming to get me. I was scared to death. All of a sudden words started coming out of my mouth and I suddenly felt calm and at peace. The words were these prayers. I just calmly watched the devil recieve slashes of blood on his body everytime I said one of these prayers....like he was being whipped. I only saw slashes of blood one right after the other and finally he got REALLY REALLY MAD and sunk back into the floor. Needless to say, I was praising God for teaching me that. I've seen it work in my daily situations too. Someone can be coming at me mad or acting crazy and I'll say these prayers in my head and I'll just watch them melt back into normalcy. I have seen miracles from saying these prayers. THANK YOU JESUS!!!! I'll share the prayers if ya want.....you might already know them.
:clap: :clap: :bow:

Upvote 0

jesusfan211

Aug 16, 2003
maryland
Visit site
✟15,267.00
Faith
Pentecostal
IloveJesusMyFather3:16 said:
WOW jesusfan!! What a couple of stories. You know, it makes me so happy to hear that you all know how to rebuke the devil. .........
Yea i didnt know what to say when I saw that. It came out so natural. Like the holy ghost was speaking for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IloveJesusMyFather3:16

waiting for Jesus, my beautiful Savior, to return
Jun 14, 2004
Tennessee
✟16,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JesusFan211, that's so cool!
Hey, i have an amazin story, its kinda long, if u like i can go into detail, but basically an Angel came in my room, and cut off this *things* head...and that was that!
Please go into detail. I'm not sure I get what you mean when you say, "cut off this *things* head". Do tell. Do tell. ;) :D :wave:

Upvote 0

jesusfan211

Aug 16, 2003
maryland
Visit site
✟15,267.00
Faith
Pentecostal
SOLDOUT4HIM said:
Spiritual warfare is a big, big deal. We have got to equip ourselves with the armor of God. "We do not battle against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers." The name of Jesus and scripture are the only weapons we have to kick evil hinie. "We are more than conquerors through Christ."
Yea I totally agree. This is spirtual warfare. When I worked at night, and prayed heavly during my route, i would be in tune with God. Then I would look out the window at the roadside, and can almost see, or see the dark shadows creeping around. Then I would go back to God and the world seems to fades away.

One day when I was a cab driver at night. It was the end of my shift. I left early that night and drove the car to the yard, which was out in the country aways. After dropping off the cab, and I got out to walk to my car, I paused for a second, and looked around. it was still dark out. (3am) No moon out, and only one pole light across the yard. The yard had this eire feeling to it. I felt alone. Like none was around. I stared at the ground. And said "God show me that you are still there." I had this over whelming feeling that I was all alone. I stood there staring at the ground. When very gently the ground lit up around me. About a 6 feet radius around me. Like someone had a spotlight overtop of me. Not a real bright light just something to let me know that Jesus was still there watching me, being with me, And walking by my side. I looked up, stared into the heavens praising God. That light came from nowhere, It was just around my feet. It could not have come from the pole light, Or from the highway.

I went home praising God all the way. :clap:

Upvote 0

Lottedah

Aug 26, 2003
✟15,560.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Im gonna cry.. this stuff happens all the time to me and sometimes Im attacked with thinking Im crazy I have been seeing demons since I was a toddler, and angels since I was 20, so like a yr.
The first angel I recall seeing was in my bedroom after my husband and I first married and he was praying over me. I saw two tall lanky curly haired girls in flowered skirts and a guy.. I knew it wasnt demonic, I thought it was odd but I wasnt going to question God.
My favorite occurence was this summer when my sister and I were having a mini revival together. We saw angels in the room all over and we both met eyes and screamed when we saw a male angel bend down and pet my cat jade, jade apparently had a demon and glared and at him and growled. When we prayed over her.. she puked something invisible up and became the sweetest calmest cat after. I also have seen them rip little demon figures off people, and even cut off some heads of demons before. God is so cool.
hallulleigh. Thankyou guys for sharing these amazing testimonies.

Upvote 0

k8tr

Nov 22, 2004
✟129.00
Faith
Christian
I too, have seen angels, on 3 different occasions. I've seen demons also. But when I've seen the demonic, it's been so quick, in just a quick blink.
You may find this interesting, it's regarding the spiritual, and animals.
I was out trail riding my horses last week, down in a wash, close to my house. I came to an area, that I saw a demon in, about a month ago.
I saw it out of the corner of my eye, looked something like a gargoyle. When I looked again, it was gone.
When I came upon the same area, last week, my mare stopped, and would go no further. I thought she may be tired, and gave her a few minutes rest. Then I urged her to continue walking, she took a few steps, stopped, and then looked back at me.
I urged her again, same response.
Boy, can I be dense sometimes! It then came to me, that she was probably sensing something icky, so I told her she was a good girl, and turned her around. She nearly ran back down the trail!
Of course, I had rebuked that thing, when I first saw it, and pray over myself and my horses when I go out riding.
But for whatever reason, on that day, my horsie girl said NO! I've learned to trust my animals.
By the way, this is my first post. Hello to the group!
Kate

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.