Blake_

May 18, 2015
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello!

Last night I hung out with a girl for the first time that I had met earlier in the week. She was very nice and we got into a long conversation. Somehow in the conversation she ended up bringing up that she had the ability to communicate with people who have passed away. She said that ever since she was little, she was actually able to see spirits of people who have passed away. Sometimes at night while she would be in bed with her mother, she would see people watching over them, and yet she was not afraid of them. I have heard of people with abilities such as this, but have never actually met any of them.
Then, she ended up showing me these things that were called angel cards. She explained that we all have guardian angles (which I would agree has a scriptural basis), but where I got concerned was when she explained that we can actually ask these angels questions and communicate with them. With a deck of cards on the table, she told me to knock twice on the cards and then ask a question. With an uneasy feeling, I decided that it had to do with angels, so it must be harmless. I knocked twice and asked the cards, "did you help me out in any situations throughout my day today?" She then told me to draw a random card out of the deck. I ended up pulling out a card that had to do with marriage... that either I or someone close to me would be married soon. Each card had some sort of vague description or prediction on them, and this card had "alternative meanings", one of which was a possible marriage between my feminine side and my masculine side. This seemed very strange, and had nothing to do with the question I asked.

She asked me to try again, so I did. I knocked twice and asked "should I go out this weekend?" I drew a card that told me I recently have had a very good idea and I should stick to this idea and trust in it. Again, my question wasn't really answered, and I had about enough of the game. She was a very nice girl, and I think she had good intentions, but I had a feeling these cards had no biblical basis, so when I got home, I turned to the internet for some research.

To my dismay, I came to find that these cards were similar to readings that they do in the occult, and that they are considered divination. The bible explicitly warns against divination, and so it seems that uneasy feeling I had was right, and I should have listened to it. Whats more, according to testimonies that I have seen, these practices can actually open up the gates for demonic spirits that will disguise themselves as loved ones or angels, and that they can actually attach themselves to people... even Christians. Upon reading this I went to my room, picked up my glass cross that I have on my night stand, and spoke aloud "Any evil forces are banished from my presence now and forever more, in Jesus mighty name I pray, amen". Perhaps I am being paranoid, but I certainly do not want any unpleasant spirits in my midst. I understand that because I am a christian, I am protected against possession and things of that sort, but I have heard many stories about evil spirits following even the most devout Christians after experiences with Ouija boards and things of that nature.

Do you think I need to see a priest? Or do you think I am just over reacting? I understand that I am forgiven and will not practice these cards ever again, but I am paranoid that I may have inadvertently welcomed a bad spirit on me. I don't feel anything strange, and haven't noticed anything since last night. Also, I feel like I need to help this girl. She said she was raised as a christian, and still believed in Jesus. I don't think she understands what shes dabbling with, she seems to be kind hearted and have good intentions, I would hate to see anything bad happen to her. How should I approach her in this situation, and just how immoral are these practices? Are they as bad as I have heard they are? Any help is appreciated.

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As far as the cards go, I would avoid them and their use for your own peace of mind, and for any possible occult "overtones". Keep strong in prayer and Bible reading, and you'll be fine.

I've had my own brushes with the occult, and the best solution is to walk away from it and stay close to God.

This doesn't necessarily mean you have to avoid the lady in question; she probably has a spiritual gift, but may not know how to use it correctly.

If you have questions for me, feel free to ask. Given the placement of this thread, you might want to use a "conversation" (private message).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.