And those who thought gay marriage....

P

Psalm40

... wouldn't lead to weirder stuff, check this out:

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/051231/w123122.html

Man bites dog? No - woman marries dolphin
15:08:07 EST Dec 31, 2005

JERUSALEM (AP) - Sharon Tendler met Cindy 15 years ago. She said it was love at first sight. This week she finally took the plunge and proposed. The lucky "guy" plunged right back.

In a modest ceremony at Dolphin Reef in the southern Israeli port of Eilat, Tendler, a 41-year-old British citizen, apparently became the world's first person to "marry" a dolphin. Dressed in a white dress, a veil and pink flowers in her hair, Tendler got down on one knee on the dock and gave Cindy a kiss. And a piece of herring.

"It's not a perverted thing. I do love this dolphin. He's the love of my life," she said Saturday, upon her return to London.

Tendler, who said she imports clothes and promotes rock bands in England, has visited Israel several times a year since first meeting the dolphin.

When asked in the past if she had a boyfriend, she would always reply, "No. I'm going to end up with Cindy." On Wednesday, she made it official, sort of. While she acknowledged the "wedding" had no legal bearing she did say it reflected her deep feelings toward the bottlenosed, 35-year-old object of her affection.

"It's not a bad thing. It just something that we did because I love him, but not in the way that you love a man. It's just a pure love that I have for this animal," she said.

While she still kept open the option of "marrying human" at some stage, she said for now she was strictly a "one-dolphin woman."

She's hardly the jealous type, though. "He will still play with all the other girls there," she said, of their prenuptial agreement. "I hope he has a lot of baby dolphins with the other dolphins. The more dolphins the better."

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Caylin

Formerly Dracon427
Feb 15, 2004
Olympia, Washington
✟16,514.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
JPPT1974 said:
Marriage is meant for one man & one woman.
And not for a man and a man.
And a woman for a woman.
In the eyes & the laws of the Lord!

*Raises hand* Hey can ya tell me really quick... why should this matter to people who aren't christians?

Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dracon427 said:
*Raises hand* Hey can ya tell me really quick... why should this matter to people who aren't christians?

Probably doesn't matter to people who aren't Christians. But since this is a Christian forum.. you just may occasionally hear a Christian perspective or two.. once in awhile. :p

Other than that.. I don't think this has anything to do with homosexuality, perversion or depravity. I think this woman is probably just a free spirited type of person with a wierd sense of humor. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DarthMom

Oct 19, 2004
✟215.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
thank you petunia for a common sense approach. The only people who would grasp onto this as a slippery slope argument against gay marriage are a few marble short of a ...... mmm....something that requires a lot of marbles. sorry short on intellect tonight and long on cocktails, but seriously.......

agreed right??!! :D

for those who want to take this srsly, you do realize, (hopefully) that she said it isn't like "the love between a man and a woman" she pointed out it was a strict pure love, but not that kind, though those who like to glorify their own opinons won't point that out to you. those are the perverts, not her.

Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
DarthMom said:
thank you petunia for a common sense approach. The only people who would grasp onto this as a slippery slope argument against gay marriage are a few marble short of a ...... mmm....something that requires a lot of marbles. sorry short on intellect tonight and long on cocktails, but seriously.......

agreed right??!! :D

Uh.. I don't agree with that, of course. I doubt you do either. Perhaps after your cocktails have released you.. you'll see what I mean. :D People see things differently.. and for different reasons. That's all.

for those who want to take this srsly, you do realize, (hopefully) that she said it isn't like "the love between a man and a woman" she pointed out it was a strict pure love, but not that kind, though those who like to glorify their own opinons won't point that out to you. those are the perverts, not her.

Actually.. I think you've viewed the whole thing as seriously as those you're protesting against. Only in reverse. I doubt it's a 'strict pure love'. Not on the dolphin's part at least. :D

Upvote 0