michaeldimmickjr

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me.
Apr 9, 2005
✟8,802.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Here is a very informative talk on the subject that really opened my eyes. Also, the book that he discusses Dead Men's Secrets is well worth a read. It's from an archaeological standpoint. Not like the "crap" David Hatcher Childress speaks...

Michael

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
George Tsoukalas. Or was it Londo Mollari?
Definitely NOT Londo ^_^ (although he did come from an interesting T.V Show). George Tsoukalas is a very interesting man...

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've been watching some programs about this and was a bit shocked to realize that I was thinking like I'd been programmed to think. If humans are an evolving species, we are better and more advanced now than at any other point in history. Right? These ancient technological marvels HAVE to be gifts from aliens. Right? Ummm...no. :D

Then it occurred to me that maybe our ancestors were smarter than we give them credit for being. What was the Tower of Babel meant to really be? We know that a tower can't be built to literally reach Heaven. I'm sure God knows that too so why scatter humanity to stop an abysmally futile project?

Any thoughts on the issue?
If interested, you may wish to consider the work of Dr. Michael Heiser, academic editor for Logos Bible Software and a scholar of Biblical Hebrew and ancient Israelite and Egyptian history.
Heiser has done some amazing work in other areas as well. With the help of respected ancient language expert and Bible scholar, Dr. Michael Heiser, Chris White has produced a three-hour film, Ancient Aliens Debunked (available to watch online for free — if you click here ),

It'd make sense that after the Flood (as crazy of an era that was with advancement) God had to scale mankind back in his abilities - and thus, the Tower of Babel was a solution for that. Language, however, has developed to the point where we can all understand one another and find common ground - and thus, we see more advancements in this past century than any other time. But we're really behind when compared to those ancients from before. Man was already living for vastly longer amounts of time - and was genetically more pure than he is now. Thus, it'd make sense that he was really smarter and more advanced than we give him credit for.​

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I watched a program last night where a guy made a Baghdad battery with period technology, modelled after the original and using orange juice, it was hitting 3 volts.
Have you seen the program where they discussed the ways that the Pyramids were actually a renewable energy Source? It was truly amazing considering the ways that the pyramids were organized in ways that collected solar energy and actually had electricity before it was invented much later....

Upvote 0