Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Seattle
✟46,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Something I noticed about Enoch is he walked with God and lived 365 years. I believe this is a reference for walking in the light as a year has 365 days. In order to stay in the light you have to follow the Sun or the light of life. And as it says in 1 Thessalonians "you are children of the light and of the day". The rapture is always viewed in terms of time, but with God time is meaningless. 1000 years is the same as a day.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Something I noticed about Enoch is he walked with God and lived 365 years. I believe this is a reference for walking in the light as a year has 365 days. In order to stay in the light you have to follow the Sun or the light of life. And as it says in 1 Thessalonians "you are children of the light and of the day". The rapture is always viewed in terms of time, but with God time is meaningless. 1000 years is the same as a day.
Actully, God's calendar has always exactly 364 days in a year. It never changes. Enoch was shown God's Calendar and explains it.
God's day has 18 "parts", not hours, and is counted sunset to sunset. the 4 days that head up the four seasons are "sabbath stops" in God's calendar, and not counted in the days of the week, making 52 weeks in a year.
The number of the stop days are added to the 360 day year at the end of it, but during the year, they have not been counted in the weeks, nor have their "parts" been added to the yearly total, so the year is completed in perfect justice from spring equinox to spring equinox, and it begins at the "navel of the earth", Jerusalem.

Years of creation from the beginning, however, are counted from the fall equinox, when God created all things.
So there are 360 days in a year, and 4 stop Sabbath days at the head of the four seasons, and the 4 stops are added to the number of days at the end of the year -spring equinox.
This is in the book of Enoch.

Upvote 0