Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd be curious why there seems to be so many shows in TV now about ancient astronauts coming down and showing ancient man how to build things—pyramids, etc. For they claim that ancient man wouldn't have been smart enough to do such things, therefore must have had help.

To me, the motive seems rather clear. Highly intelligent ancient man and evolution don't mix. To these evolutionists and naturalists, the data doesn't fit. Therefore, these theories are running rampant. Just about every night, there's an ancient aliens documentary on some channel somewhere.

But for those of us that trust the Bible, the data makes perfect sense. Men were once very intelligent, much more so than us. But they were also wicked so God destroyed them in a flood which virtually all ancient cultures remember. Soon after the flood, men retained their knowledge for a few generations, and built some amazing cities and structures. But eventually they began to devolved and many of these technologies were forgotten and lost.

But I suppose believing in ancient alien helpers would be easier for some to accept than the Bible which speaks of a God who holds them accountable. That's my take, anyway.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd be curious why there seems to be so many shows in TV now about ancient astronauts coming down and showing ancient man how to build things—pyramids, etc. For they claim that ancient man wouldn't have been smart enough to do such things, therefore must have had help.

To me, the motive seems rather clear. Highly intelligent ancient man and evolution don't mix. To these evolutionists and naturalists, the data doesn't fit. Therefore, these theories are running rampant. Just about every night, there's an ancient aliens documentary on some channel somewhere.

But for those of us that trust the Bible, the data makes perfect sense. Men were once very intelligent, much more so than us. But they were also wicked so God destroyed them in a flood which virtually all ancient cultures remember. Soon after the flood, men retained their knowledge for a few generations, and built some amazing cities and structures. But eventually they began to devolved and many of these technologies were forgotten and lost.

But I suppose believing in ancient alien helpers would be easier for some to accept than the Bible which speaks of a God who holds them accountable. That's my take, anyway

Completely accurate, in my opinion. I went through a "Chariots of the Gods" phase myself before I became a Christian because the facts were pretty clear that the stupid caveman concept was pure myth.

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think there's a lot of interest in our origins. And the idea of ancient aliens is a ear-tingling way to approach it (witness stuff like "Prometheus").

There's a Christian blog that covers ancient astronaut nonsense. It's called PaleoBabble: Your antidote to cyber-twaddle and misguided research about the ancient world.

I think it makes sense to consider that our distant forefathers were at least, if not more, intelligent than us. They were closer to God's design. I think of the astounding mental feats that occasionally show up in people: photographic memory, perfect pitch, or the ability to do high-speed mathematics. These abilities were engineered by God. Did Adam express them all? Were they once more common than now?

Upvote 0

BlackSepulcher

Mar 27, 2013
✟685.00
Faith
Catholic
If one is truly willing to humble mankind as being insignificant in relevance to God's glory, perhaps the events on our world is for us, and God has put His revelation to other worlds as well.

After all, the Bible says mankind, it does not say all life in the universe. One thing that's been itching at me for a while now is that life outside of Earth is not only possible, but virtually certain. And not just in deep space, but in our very own galaxy, and that leaves a strikingly high possibility that intelligent life exists somewhere in our gigantic reality.

But do I believe aliens had anything to do with biblical history? No, I do not. I do not believe aliens have had any influence on mankind at all, actually. There's simply no reasonable palette for it. If they would come, it wouldn't simply be to observe our planet. Aliens would have a diplomatic system in which coming to a planet would have a much more colorful agenda.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Black S:>>After all, the Bible says mankind, it does not say all life in the universe. One thing that's been itching at me for a while now is that life outside of Earth is not only possible, but virtually certain. And not just in deep space, but in our very own galaxy, and that leaves a strikingly high possibility that intelligent life exists somewhere in our gigantic reality.

Dear BlackS, Where ever you find liquid water, throughout our Cosmos, you will find life. This is because God commanded that "every living creature that moves" be created and brought forth from the water, on the 5th Day. Genesis 1:21 Life came forth on Adam's earth and on our earth and on every other earth with liquid water.

Humans are found ONLY on Planet Earth because this is where Noah landed, and there was only One Ark.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If one is truly willing to humble mankind as being insignificant in relevance to God's glory, perhaps the events on our world is for us, and God has put His revelation to other worlds as well.

After all, the Bible says mankind, it does not say all life in the universe. One thing that's been itching at me for a while now is that life outside of Earth is not only possible, but virtually certain. And not just in deep space, but in our very own galaxy, and that leaves a strikingly high possibility that intelligent life exists somewhere in our gigantic reality.

But do I believe aliens had anything to do with biblical history? No, I do not. I do not believe aliens have had any influence on mankind at all, actually. There's simply no reasonable palette for it. If they would come, it wouldn't simply be to observe our planet. Aliens would have a diplomatic system in which coming to a planet would have a much more colorful agenda.

I have a feeling, though, you missed the main issue of the thread. The issue is not whether alien creations exist. The Bible specifically says that angelic beings exist in the heavens. The Cosmos may indeed be filled with these supernatural beings who enjoy it everyday. In some ways, christians have to acknowledge the existence of aliens.

But ancient astronaut theorists point to aliens to explain the advanced technology ancient man seems to have possessed. This has really become a wildly popular theory. Men are seeing the problem with the evolutionary model of origins, and looking for something to explain how cavemen were able to build the pyramids and other ancient structures. It would seem the evolutionary model desperately needs this supplemental intelligence to fill in several gaps.

Now of course, if you accept the biblical narrative of origins in a straightforward fashion, the need for alien assistance disappears. For in Genesis we learn that man was once very long-lived and intelligent. Noah would have brought with him very advanced engineering skills enabling ancient postdiluvian man to build great ships and other structures. No real need for alien help at all, if Genesis is true.

But to those refusing to accept biblical revelation, the problem of ancient technology still exists, and is difficult for many to ignore. Thus, the alien solution is gaining popularity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have a feeling, though, you missed the main issue of the thread. The issue is not whether alien creations exist. The Bible specifically says that angelic beings exist in the heavens. The Cosmos may indeed be filled with these supernatural beings who enjoy it everyday. In some ways, christians have to acknowledge the existence of aliens.

But ancient astronaut theorists point to aliens to explain the advanced technology ancient man seems to have possessed. This has really become a wildly popular theory. Men are seeing the problem with the evolutionary model of origins, and looking for something to explain how cavemen were able to build the pyramids and other ancient structures. It would seem the evolutionary model desperately needs this supplemental intelligence to fill in several gaps.

Now of course, if you accept the biblical narrative of origins in a straightforward fashion, the need for alien assistance disappears. For in Genesis we learn that man was once very long-lived and intelligent. Noah would have brought with him very advanced engineering skills enabling ancient postdiluvian man to build great ships and other structures. No real need for alien help at all, if Genesis is true.

But to those refusing to accept biblical revelation, the problem of ancient technology still exists, and is difficult for many to ignore. Thus, the alien solution is gaining popularity.
I guess we see different things. I haven't run into anyone in years who takes ancient astronauts seriously. Both the astronauts and the "advanced technology" seem to me to be nothing but fantasies intended to sell books to the credulous. Certainly no scientists who actually study early humans take either seriously. Where, for example, can you find anything in the scientific literature that suggests that ancient Egyptians lacked the technology to build the pyramids? (And where on earth did you get the idea that "cavemen" built the pyramids?)

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess we see different things. I haven't run into anyone in years who takes ancient astronauts seriously. Both the astronauts and the "advanced technology" seem to me to be nothing but fantasies intended to sell books to the credulous. Certainly no scientists who actually study early humans take either seriously. Where, for example, can you find anything in the scientific literature that suggests that ancient Egyptians lacked the technology to build the pyramids? (And where on earth did you get the idea that "cavemen" built the pyramids?)

No one states that they didn't. But all research is baffled by the what got done and a lot of the techniques are still a mystery.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think there's a lot of interest in our origins. And the idea of ancient aliens is a ear-tingling way to approach it (witness stuff like "Prometheus").

There's a Christian blog that covers ancient astronaut nonsense. It's called PaleoBabble: Your antidote to cyber-twaddle and misguided research about the ancient world.

I think it makes sense to consider that our distant forefathers were at least, if not more, intelligent than us. They were closer to God's design. I think of the astounding mental feats that occasionally show up in people: photographic memory, perfect pitch, or the ability to do high-speed mathematics. These abilities were engineered by God. Did Adam express them all? Were they once more common than now?

I'd say Adam had them all.....except wisdom. ;)

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No one states that they didn't. But all research is baffled by the what got done and a lot of the techniques are still a mystery.
Sorry, but could you be more specific? What researchers are baffled by what, exactly, and the techniques for what are a mystery? What is the real problem for which ancient astronauts (or hyper-intelligent descendants of Adam) are supposed to be a solution?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

How would you explain the purpose of the Bagdad Battery?

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you that the idea is unsupported, not serious, and a minority opinion. But despite being debunked again and again, I see it remaining embedded in the popular imagination. It's mainstream, from movies to books to the History (History?) channel. Go figure.

Upvote 0

YeShallTread

Nov 11, 2012
✟2,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I think ancient man was as man is today...perhaps even more intelligent as he had fewer contaminates to deal with. However, I really enjoy the Ancient Aliens programs.

You have to wade through a lot of silliness...evolution for example but nevertheless they bring forward a lot of interesting FACTS about this world and what went on in the past...the near past and the first earth age.

Editing in....I believe those facts prove Biblical history.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you that the idea is unsupported, not serious, and a minority opinion. But despite being debunked again and again, I see it remaining embedded in the popular imagination. It's mainstream, from movies to books to the History (History?) channel. Go figure.
What I'm trying to understand is your basis for comments like these: "Highly intelligent ancient man and evolution don't mix. To these evolutionists and naturalists, the data doesn't fit"; "Men are seeing the problem with the evolutionary model of origins, and looking for something to explain how cavemen were able to build the pyramids and other ancient structures. It would seem the evolutionary model desperately needs this supplemental intelligence to fill in several gaps." What data doesn't fit? What gaps need to be filled in?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How would you explain the purpose of the Bagdad Battery?
The Baghdad Battery -- or rather batteries, since there are a number of them -- are containers of unknown function from the Sassanid Persian empire (224 - 651 AD). They are not particularly ancient (they'd be either late classical or early medieval if they were from Europe) and would seem to be completely irrelevant to discussions about the relative intelligence of ancient and modern humans; they come, after all, from a period much closer to our own than to the Egyptian pyramids, and vastly closer than to genuinely ancient humans. (The "batteries" are often ascribed to the Parthian period -- which isn't that much older -- but the ascription seems to be based on nothing at all.) So why bring them into this discussion?

In any case, I don't know what they were for, nor does anyone else. They could, in principle, have been filled with lemon juice or the like and served as pretty crappy batteries, since all they are is a clay pot holding a copper cylinder with an iron rod inside it, but that seems unlikely. Since they were sealed with asphalt, they would have been single-use, short-lived, weak batteries, and since the copper tube was completely sealed over, they weren't usable anyway. It's not impossible that someone figured out that if you put lemon juice in a copper bowl and stir it with an iron rod you get a weird tingling feeling, and built something to create that sensation, but there's also no reason to think that's what they were. I've seen the claim that they resemble holders for ceremonial scrolls found in Seleucia, but I haven't seen any evidence for that claim either.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think ancient man was as man is today...perhaps even more intelligent as he had fewer contaminates to deal with. However, I really enjoy the Ancient Aliens programs.

You have to wade through a lot of silliness...evolution for example but nevertheless they bring forward a lot of interesting FACTS about this world and what went on in the past...the near past and the first earth age.

Editing in....I believe those facts prove Biblical history.

Yeah, that's my basic take on it. The shows basically reinforce to me the accuracy of the biblical accounts.

For instance, on one show they were talking about maps of antarctica which actually revealed the coast lines of the landmass that was under the ice to a reasonable degree of accuracy. Now the suppose AA theorists believe that aliens had advanced equipment which could see through the ice. But I think it's really a case where early sailors soon after the flood sailed down to the south pole before all the ice was able to form and made some crude maps prior to future generations losing their ship-building technology passed down from Noah.

Then there's those ariel lines and images found in south america. AAT's believe these were for arial view for aliens, perhaps landing lines or area markers. But I think they merely prove ancient air travel, probably by hot-air balloon. That's not quite rocket science, but would take some considerable technology to do it safely and regularly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Then there's those ariel lines and images found in south america. AAT's believe these were for arial view for aliens, perhaps landing lines or area markers. But I think they merely prove ancient air travel, probably by hot-air balloon. That's not quite rocket science, but would take some considerable technology to do it safely and regularly.
I think they might not even be that, but images for their deities to view from heaven. Just a thought.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

But I suppose believing in ancient alien helpers would be easier for some to accept than the Bible which speaks of a God who holds them accountable. That's my take, anyway.
Although intelligence is something I think early man had in multiple ways and at a higher level - with us starting to catch up in our time with some of the things they did - I do think that the "alien" aspect can make sense when considering the Angelic and that any type of "alien" intervention was a matter of supernatural beings trying to mess around in the affairs of men - and messing mankind up in the process.

Michael Heiser has done some really good work on the issue, as he made a book that was a story essentially meant to be a social critique of the future based on what has happened in the past. The book is entitled The Facade.

How would you respond to the news that life exists elsewhere in the universe? More to the point, how would your view of the Bible change if ET landed on the White House lawn tomorrow? Or if an ET landed noting that the stories of Giants/mythological gods from antiquity were really them? Those questions are central to the plot of The Facade by Dr. Michael Heiser, academic editor for Logos Bible Software and a scholar of Biblical Hebrew and ancient Israelite and Egyptian history. He’s also a well-regarded ufologist, and he manages to bring those seemingly diverse areas of study together in the special edition of The Facade. In his work, he discusses the evidence for contact, how the U.S. government appears to be preparing for a disclosure event, and why Christians believe the abductee phenomenon has a spiritual goal. For more background on Mike’s thinking on this issue, see his series, “Fundamentalists and ET”. Additionally, one can click here for the PDF chart comparing the experiences of abductees with those of ritual abuse survivors...and they can go here as well VFTB 109: Why the Nephilim? 6 as it concerns discussion on why others feel that you'll see more of a discussion on the return of the Nephilim.​

Heiser has done some amazing workin gother areas as well. With the help of respected ancient language expert and Bible scholar, Dr. Michael Heiser, Chris White has produced a three-hour film, Ancient Aliens Debunked (available to watch online for free — click here),

It is a must-see for anyone who’s ever wondered about the pyramids, ancient megaliths, the Nazca Lines, the Annunaki, Ezekiel’s Wheel, or any number of other apparent historical anomalies. It goes a long way in showing how much people are being prepared for things as part of massive deception. In many ways, crediting the existence of other ancient actions to alien life can be seen as the product of fallen angels who want to harvest human souls...and radical action — imposition of an Old Testament form of morals and dogma on a planetary scale — is needed to save humanity from a hellish end.​

It was not outside of the realm of fallen angels/Watchers to teach man a great number of things way ahead of their time or for man to do technological feats that still baffle others today and that seem to have only be possible with supernatural help...from the pyramids to giant symbols of figures carved in the ground as if from an aerial point of view....as if the angelic was looking down/helping others dictate things.

In an isolated valley, high in the Andes Mountains of Central Peru, dozens of lines have been waiting thousands of years to be discovered. But what sets these lines apart from many other anthropoligical etchings is that they can only be truly appreciated from an airborne perspective! The Nazca lines are legendary. Stretching across 400 square miles of high arid plateau are drawings of hundreds of figures. They range from giant spiders to vast geometric shapes to enormous monkeys as large as 890ft, or roughly the size two and a half football fields. Hummingbirds, fish, sharks or orcas, llamas, and lizards — and according to some, astronauts, aliens and landing zones — are all represented in these enormous line drawings.

Like genuine crop circles, these are not manmade. ..

nazca-279x300.gif

There are other versions of these things elsewhere - such as in the Middle East. They stretch from Syria to Saudi Arabia, can be seen from the air but not the ground, and are virtually unknown to the public. They are the Middle East’s own version of the Nazca Lines — ancient “geolyphs,” or drawings, that span deserts in southern Peru — and now, thanks to new satellite-mapping technologies, and an aerial photography program in Jordan, researchers are discovering more of them than ever before. They number well into the thousands. Referred to by archaeologists as “wheels,” these stone structures have a wide variety of designs, with a common one being a circle with spokes radiating inside. Researchers believe that they date back to antiquity, at least 2,000 years ago. They are often found on lava fields and range from 82 feet to 230 feet (25 meters to 70 meters) across. And for more, one can go here to see gallery of wheel structures

It was either the case that such people making those designs had a form of media in ancient times we do not yet know of - or perhaps the angelic/spiritual beings above were literally using their abilities to brodcast images of what they wanted others to have on their minds and write down in memory....and if that could happen then, I don't see any reason to think the same can't happen today.

Upvote 0