An update.

D

Damooster

Hello everyone,

Doubt you remember me, but I am currently a member of the RCC but I've been considering conversion. The problem is, I live in Hanoi, Vietnam and there are no Orthodox priests here. I've emailed priests in other countries near me for guidance, but I've yet to receive a reply from anyone.

I'm also married and my wife, a "liberal" Catholic, doesn't seem too eager to convert.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello. I still stop in from time to time and I have been reading about Orthodoxy.

D

Damooster

There is apparently a Russian Orthodox Church in Vung Tau, Vietnam known as "Our Lady of Kazan Parish". I do not know much past that though.

Thanks. I've heard about this parish but I would have to take a plane there and I have not been able to find a schedule of services or contact information.

I'm thinking about contacting the Russian Embassy here to see if a priest is available.

Upvote 0
Dec 22, 2010
✟1,424.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
@Damooster

Just some information about Parish in in Vung Tau - parishioner from it told they have no priest. Priests visit only sometimes. So if you need priest so try to find in other place.
Imho better to ask somebody engl-speaking from this forum to connect with priest from their parishes.

Upvote 0
D

Damooster

@Damooster

Just some information about Parish in in Vung Tau - parishioner from it told they have no priest. Priests visit only sometimes. So if you need priest so try to find in other place.
Imho better to ask somebody engl-speaking from this forum to connect with priest from their parishes.

I really appreciate you finding out that information for me!

I'm still searching for a priest that I can communicate with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums