nestoj

Feb 14, 2007
Niš
✟11,731.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
With Russian families, sometimes it's funny, you've gotta take Communism into consideration. On Dad's side: great Grandma and Grandpa - believers. Grandpa - not a believer, Grandma - a latent believer. (Grandpa was a military officer and could get in trouble for religion.) My Mom and Dad - not believers (they both had Scientific Atheism as a mandatory college class). Me - a believer (not the greatest one but I'm trying).

Same here...confirmed. Although, I'm not Russian and don't find the entire mess one bit funny.

And I don't get what's so great about NYC from your story...but hey - everyone is his own measurement authority. For instance, I was told NYC has the worst food in the world...that ranked it rather low in my eyes.

Upvote 0

Mariya116

Dec 3, 2011
✟16,306.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Same here...confirmed. Although, I'm not Russian and don't find the entire mess one bit funny.

And I don't get what's so great about NYC from your story...but hey - everyone is his own measurement authority. For instance, I was told NYC has the worst food in the world...that ranked it rather low in my eyes.
You don't judge food by what you're told. You've gotta TASTE IT!:p And if you want to know what's great about New York - you've gotta GET HERE AND SEE IT FOR YOURSELF!

Reactions: nestoj
Upvote 0

nestoj

Feb 14, 2007
Niš
✟11,731.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You don't judge food by what you're told. You've gotta TASTE IT!:p And if you want to know what's great about New York - you've gotta GET HERE AND SEE IT FOR YOURSELF!

Yeah? I trust the guy who told me with my life...but...don't think much of it - we have the best food in the world, us considering everyone else not-that-great is kind of natural. :p

About going there - it's on my TODO list, but there's so much fun places much closer...I fear I'll die before being able to delve further than Mediterranean. And hey...you guys have awful weather. I work for a NYC based company...and I've never had to deal with so much complaining and crying from colleagues as I did this winter. :sorry:

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I work for a NYC based company...and I've never had to deal with so much complaining and crying from colleagues as I did this winter. :sorry:

^_^ ^_^ ^_^ We Americans are spoiled softies. :D

Upvote 0

nestoj

Feb 14, 2007
Niš
✟11,731.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's the climate change, everything's out of wack.

:D

See! See? Not everything is great with NYC then, is it!? Climate change isn't hitting us that bad!!! Ha!

Don't mind me Mariya...I'm just kidding ya. :) I really admire the toughness and commitment of the people in your city.

Upvote 0