An insurance alternative to believe in. Christians rely on each other to pay medical.

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
She should have received Cobra then.

You are eligible for COBRA, but do not typically automatically receive it. Depending on circumstances, you often have to pay for COBRA, up to 102% of the plan cost including the employer's share, so it may cost several hundred dollars a month. This can be difficult, if not impossible, for an unemployed person to pay.

Upvote 0

GodbetheGlory

Feb 22, 2010
✟8,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry if I pay into something I expect to get covered. My taxes already go toward government plans such as food stamps, medicare, and medicaid which I'm not eligible for. I don't need to send my hard earned money to some place that isn't even going to guarantee to pay my medical bills when the time comes. I can save my own money.

Are you talking about health insurance? They don't always cover you or cover you fully even when you think they should.

Upvote 0

Phylogeny

Veteran
Dec 28, 2004
✟2,426.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Yeah that's the one she applied for. I get them mixed up. She was denied still. She wasn't poor enough apparently even though she had been unemployed for a month. Yes, she did get unemployment.

If she's been unemployed for only a month, then yeah, she probably isn't poor enough. Shouldn't she have some savings anyways? And I doubt she was rejected b/c she was 'white', and certain not single since single moms head up a lot of households that take welfare, but she may be rejected due to her childless state.

Upvote 0

LyraJean

Mar 6, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟8,900.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If she's been unemployed for only a month, then yeah, she probably isn't poor enough. Shouldn't she have some savings anyways? And I doubt she was rejected b/c she was 'white', and certain not single since single moms head up a lot of households that take welfare, but she may be rejected due to her childless state.

She had tried before but since she was living with her mother she was ineligible. And they told her that since she wasn't a minority, an immigrant, or a single mother were some of the other reasons she was not eligible.

Her mother took all her money in rent so no she didn't have any savings. Then her mother kicked her out. So she thought she might be eligible then.

Upvote 0