Aug 16, 2012
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced
[edited to fix what they think I need to be "blessed and not curse" for what is really abbreviations for college degrees]

Seen this?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...rn-their-jobs-are-moving-to-mexico/ar-BBprYp2

And this is why countless people are losing homes and food because all our jobs going to other counties so these companies save money in their pockets. Whatever happened the the American dream? I had it once.... until a company layoff (after over a decade with them) and five years later, still trying to survive on temp jobs and destroyed credit as well. My associates in (computer) science, bachelors in science (video game development), and A+, and a couple others not helped me other than temp work after working for fifteen years and being laid off on the day I got my bachelors. Now, am struggling to survive still after five years since.

Any... agree? American companies need to take care of the American people instead of their three boats, two homes, and five cars while some people struggle to feed their kids because government help is HARD!!!!

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Murby

Feb 4, 2016
USA
✟4,630.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
And this is why countless people are losing homes and food because all our jobs going to other counties so these companies save money in their pockets. Whatever happened the the American dream? I had it once.... until a company layoff (after over a decade with them) and five years later, still trying to survive on temp jobs and destroyed credit as well. My AS, [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], A+, etc not helped me other than temp work.

Any... agree? American companies need to take care of the American people instead of their three boats, two homes, and five cars while some people struggle to feed their kids because government help is HARD!!!!

Thoughts?

I was going to just post the cold hard truth using cold hard facts but I'm honestly afraid I'll offend you as well as others because sometimes when you force people to take responsibility for their own actions, they get defensive and rude.

So I'm not going to do that.. I'm just going to say that these darn companies are moving jobs out of America.. what's wrong with these companies. they should care about Americans!
Now that I've got that out of the way... La de da.. la de da.. what a beautiful day it is yes? I hope you're enjoying the bright sunshine and flowers.

So.. Those look like spiffy shoes.. Where are they made? Oh.. nice TV.. Where's that made? Oh and I like your shirt and your pants.. Where were those made?
Wow.. is that the latest iphone? Ever wonder were its made? You say you just bought a new office chair? Where's that made? I love that travel coffee cup, where's it made at? How about your lawn mower? your weed whip? Your furniture in your home, your dishwasher, refrigerator, stove, even the faucets on your sinks.

We all have choices.. There's an old saying "You made your own bed, now you have to sleep in it"...

Americans have moved their purchasing habits to companies based in foreign countries... it only makes good sense to move the manufacturing facilities to those countries.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was going to just post the cold hard truth using cold hard facts but I'm honestly afraid I'll offend you as well as others because sometimes when you force people to take responsibility for their own actions, they get defensive and rude.

So I'm not going to do that.. I'm just going to say that these darn companies are moving jobs out of America.. what's wrong with these companies. they should care about Americans!
Now that I've got that out of the way... La de da.. la de da.. what a beautiful day it is yes? I hope you're enjoying the bright sunshine and flowers.

So.. Those look like spiffy shoes.. Where are they made? Oh.. nice TV.. Where's that made? Oh and I like your shirt and your pants.. Where were those made?
Wow.. is that the latest iphone? Ever wonder were its made? You say you just bought a new office chair? Where's that made? I love that travel coffee cup, where's it made at? How about your lawn mower? your weed whip? Your furniture in your home, your dishwasher, refrigerator, stove, even the faucets on your sinks.

We all have choices.. There's an old saying "You made your own bed, now you have to sleep in it"...

Americans have moved their purchasing habits to companies based in foreign countries... it only makes good sense to move the manufacturing facilities to those countries.

That door swings both ways. Several foreign auto companies have moved their plants here to be closer to their major markets.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Seen this?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...rn-their-jobs-are-moving-to-mexico/ar-BBprYp2

And this is why countless people are losing homes and food because all our jobs going to other counties so these companies save money in their pockets. Whatever happened the the American dream? I had it once.... until a company layoff (after over a decade with them) and five years later, still trying to survive on temp jobs and destroyed credit as well. My AS, [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], A+, etc not helped me other than temp work.

Thoughts?

Most boats, as well as houses, are produced right here, providing lots of jobs. Even auto sales and repair provide jobs regardless of where they are produced (many are being produced right here as well).

Anyone wishing to get ahead must have some capital. For some the capital is education, for others it is money. If you aren't going to get an education beyond high school I recommend saving money to take advantage of future opportunities. It's the "Joe Six-pack" mentality; punch in, work your 8 hours, punch out and go home and drink beer, that lends itself to failure. Few get rich (the true "American Dream") working for wages all their lives.

I worked for years along side of people that had another 'thing' going beside their jobs. For some it was evening college courses, others were saving for or had already bought rental properties, one guy had bought a small farm and was actually farming it while holding down a full time job.

I was amazed at this, but didn't get into it myself for years (I was too busy spending every dollar I made enjoying life). But as I got older, and no better off, I realized that I had to go beyond my job as well. It took some time but I did it, and it has really paid off.

Interestingly my success has helped others advance, but that is another story.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I agree, BUT the American people must realize that there will be a (literal) cost to that. It cost more here, and as such while I agree that people need jobs OTHER people will have to understand that that will mean goods will cost more. In a sense ( whether we realize it or not we benefit from the overseas market. Yes, however I do believe that they should come here and people just pay more.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That door swings both ways. Several foreign auto companies have moved their plants here to be closer to their major markets.

Actually, some of the German and Japanese have moved to the US, because labor was cheaper here, because they chose to open plants in areas that did not have union influence.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Actually, some of the German and Japanese have moved to the US, because labor was cheaper here, because they chose to open plants in areas that did not have union influence.

The also brought their upper level management with them.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The also brought their upper level management with them.

Of course they did, because quite frankly, they wanted their own people overseeing the operations.

In the 70's, the Japanese starting blowing American manufacturers out of the water, by building much more reliable cars, at a reasonable cost and the Americans lost massive market share. Since that time, the Americans have bridged the gap somewhat, but they still can not match the reliability and dependability of Japanese cars, for the cost involved.

The Germans are a different story, they build more high end vehicles and are catering to higher end buyers.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Of course they did, because quite frankly, they wanted their own people overseeing the operations.

In the 70's, the Japanese starting blowing American manufacturers out of the water, by building much more reliable cars, at a reasonable cost and the Americans lost massive market share. Since that time, the Americans have bridged the gap somewhat, but they still can not match the reliability and dependability of Japanese cars, for the cost involved.

The Germans are a different story, they build more high end vehicles and are catering to higher end buyers.

I have no problem with that, as long as they locate their plants here and employ 'regular' Americans on the plant floor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have no problem with that, as long as they locate their plants here and employ 'regular' Americans on the plant floor.

Well, they have done that.

I remember about 20 years ago when the Japanese announced they were opening plants here and some people said they will never be able to keep manufacturing the same quality vehicles and the reasonable cost they previously did in Japan. Well, they did exactly that.

Upvote 0

Blondepudding

Who Sprinkled You With Grumpy Dust?
Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Seen this?

Thoughts?
Obama once said he'd ask Congress to repeal the tax credit for corporate outsourcing and instead make it a tax penalty. While in-sourcing, bringing jobs and industry back to America, would garner the tax credit.

Brilliant idea that shouldn't have to exist at all had outsourcing been quashed when it first became an issue.
There's nothing like calling for customer service and hearing an Indian accent introduce itself as "Jane" in broken English.

I think in-sourcing is the one key topic that would bring any candidate closer to the nomination this time around.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The world doesn't owe Americans high paying manufacturing jobs.

There can be no comradery in American culture then. No trust between citizens or neighbors.

Upvote 0