Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think the Holy Father is trying to work with many types of people in order to promote the common good

in the past, the Church has taken a kind of "fortress mentality" where we have been cut off from the world
this has not helped the world and was selfish in many ways

while I might not always agree with his methods
I think he is honest and has a good heart :)

Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

Tomm

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think the Holy Father is trying to work with many types of people in order to promote the common good

in the past, the Church has taken a kind of "fortress mentality" where we have been cut off from the world
this has not helped the world and was selfish in many ways

while I might not always agree with his methods
I think he is honest and has a good heart

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
He is a scandalous pope and I turned my back on him at the time of the dubia in September.

This isn't an isolated American concern not by a long shot.

Upvote 0

mea kulpa

Benedictine Traditional Catholic
Feb 9, 2016
united kingdom
✟39,142.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
American Catholics are skeptical about the Pope Francis amid recently revealed Podesta's "anti-Church" emails.

"The response of His Holiness, as well as its absence, will show what he is to a greater extent: Catholic or "leftist", – believers say.

See the Canada Free Press article for details: Clinton against the Vatican. Will the Holy See withstand?
http://canadafreepress.com/article/clinton-against-the-vatican.-will-the-holy-see-withstand
What do you think of this?
If you are Catholic faithful, do you share this sentiment?

I am from the United Kingdom. The concerns are worldwide. I believe pope francis is a liberal and liberalism is condemned as heresy in our church. I therefore believe he is a heretic and as such can not be the true pope

I believe pope benedict xvi was put under pressure by the churches enemies from both within and from without. I believe his resignation was under durress and i can use pope benedicts own words and testimony of the archbishop who cares for him that he did not intend to resign the petrine office only the active governance of the church.

I believe cardinal electors plotted to elect pope francis as per their own admission this is something forbidden by church law and brings with it excommunication to all those engaged in the plot... i believe this invalidates the election of francis

I believe therefore that francis is an anti pope and benedict xvi remains the true pope

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with the two posters above, and that it is irresponsible of francis not to respond when questioned about his writings. Further he has shown that he interprets scripture differently, and that he disregards the writings of the Church fathers. In doing these things willfully, he is not only confusing the faithful Catholics in the church, but he is also putting them in grave spiritual danger if they follow through on his ideas when it comes to marriage--specifically second marriages.

In an effort to clarify matters, 4+ leaders of the Church have sent him a questionnaire asking for clarification. They have been put off, and francis has so far refused to answer their questions.
Instead he has refered the matter to the bishops for their interpretation of his writings. This unfortunately places a heavy burden on them that they were not meant to bear, and also places them at odds with the leader of the Catholic Church; a most difficult place to be.
for asking the questions he is treating them as irritants and worse, is stripping them of their offices, isolating them, and turning to those clergy assigned underneath them to solve problems that they should be handling.

All of this is a changing situation with no resolution in sight. As such it runs the risk of unbalancing the Church and our faithful Catholics.

We really haven't seen anything like this since Luther nailed his list to the door of the Church.
That is one reason why--in order to avoid at all costs what happened to Luther and to the Catholic Church--the 4 created their questions and sent them to francis for his answer.

and so we wait, unsure of what will happen but knowing that this situation cannot continue for long.

Upvote 0

mea kulpa

Feb 9, 2016
united kingdom
✟39,142.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well we know how bad it has been for Christianity whenever the church falls into error. Hopefully the cardinals can sort it out. I think it is important that we maintain our participation in the church so as to avoid if possilbe a full scale schism i think it is important to work within the church untill it is impossible to do so to defend the truth and to prevent a second reformation.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Well we know how bad it has been for Christianity whenever the church falls into error. Hopefully the cardinals can sort it out. I think it is important that we maintain our participation in the church so as to avoid if possilbe a full scale schism i think it is important to work within the church untill it is impossible to do so to defend the truth and to prevent a second reformation.

absolutely we can be the Church within the Church, faithfully defending the truth.

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just as an outside observer I would say that many if not the majority of US Catholics are not all that on board with everything Popes say or preach. Not just in the case of this particular Pope but this has been the case for some time and over the course of many Popes' administrations . At least my conversations with various Catholics and ex Catholics lead me to conclude this.

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Just as an outside observer I would say that many if not the majority of US Catholics are not all that on board with everything Popes say or preach. Not just in the case of this particular Pope but this has been the case for some time and over the course of many Popes' administrations . At least my conversations with various Catholics and ex Catholics lead me to conclude this.

this is very true, but the disaffection (if it can be called that) is also due to the influence that the outside World has had on Christians in general during the last 67 years now.
That's a long slow time, but the erosion that has been afflicted upon society's morals and conscience because of it is now apparent.

Upvote 0

mea kulpa

Feb 9, 2016
united kingdom
✟39,142.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Again i think your correct but again this is across the world not just the usa. I think the pontificates of pope john paul ii and now pope benedict have been resisted by bishops and archbishops and lay catholics in while those who have resisted under these popes are now working to impliment cardinal bergoglios plans and those who wanted to go along with the pervious popes are now resisting francis. In other words there has been a silent growth of liberal catholics who are now uncloaking under francis and it is apparent that we conservitive catholics are so out numbered. It certainly has woken us up to the problems in the church that our visionaries saints and blesseds have been quite frankly warning us would come for 100s of years.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0