1. Saying Goodbye to a Great Staffer: Edial
    Please help me wish Edial a wonderful blessed journey as he steps down from CF staff.
    His footprint on our ministry will always remain but his presence will be greatly missed. I'm sure he will come around as a member to all his favorite forums but for now please join me at his profile page to wish him many thanks for the years of service he has brought to us all.
    All of us on CF staff will miss him dearly!!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amazingly Bad Parenting by People who are NOT Gay

Discussion in 'Debates on Homosexuality - Archived' started by ChaliceThunder, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaithLikeARock

FaithLikeARock Let the human mind loose.

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Green
    Faith:
    Deist
    I could find a thousand instances of that.

I bet there aren't very many news stories about abusive gay couples.

2. Apollo Celestio

Apollo Celestio Deal with it.

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian-Seeker
    This thread is just as useless as the other. This world is fallen indeed.

3. Zaac

Zaac New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Baptist
  4. savedandhappy1

savedandhappy1 Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Baptist
    Being straight or not doesn't make a good parent, so I have no idea what this is suppose to prove.:confused: :confused:

5. ReformedChapin

ReformedChapin Chapin = Guatemalan

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Calvinist
  6. You are right - the thread is as useless as the "Check out the Gay Adoption" thread.

I have proven my point. :cool:

7. Ohioprof

Ohioprof Contributor

Faith:
    Unitarian
    I think the purpose of this thread is to show the pointlessness of the previous thread about a lesbian couple found to have abused a boy who was not legally their son but whom they had taken custody over.

Just as stories about heterosexual couples abusing children are not evidence that heterosexuals are unfit to raise children, a story about a lesbian couple abusing a child is not evidence that lesbians are unfit to raise children. All these stories tell us is that there are tragic examples of child abuse in the world.

8. Phinehas2

Phinehas2 Guest

Two wrongs dont make a right.

9. Ohioprof

Ohioprof Contributor

Faith:
    Unitarian
    I am not sure what this is supposed to mean in this context. I think the point of the OP here is that it is senseless to suggest that all gay parents are bad parents by pointing to one example of bad parenting and generalizing from this. The OP tried to suggest this by showing the silliness of doing this with examples of bad parenting by heterosexual parents and generalizing from that to all parents. The OP's point was not to suggest that all heterosexuals are bad parents; just the opposite. The point was to demonstrate the absurdity of generalizing to a whole group of people from one or two or a handful of examples of bad parenting.

10. Phinehas2

Phinehas2 Guest

Dear Ohioprof,
    It means two parents of the same sex is wrong and so the abuse of the examples given of man/woman parents… based on the Bibilcal Christian understanding. The OP may have a different worldview on which to assess, for example physical hurt is not necesarily caused by same-sex parents unlike in the examples given.

11. beechy

beechy Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Faith:
    Seeker
    The OP this thread responds to was based on a story about the physical abuse of a child by a lesbian couple, and concluded with the question "How does someone like this get to adopt a child"?

What is the point of posting such an OP in the "Debates on Homosexuality" section, unless the poster was somehow linking the child's horrific neglect and physical abuse to the homosexuality of his caretakers?

12. BigBadWlf

BigBadWlf Guest

So why aren’t you confronting the wrongness of the “Check out the Gay Adoption Thread”?

13. Ohioprof

Ohioprof Contributor

Faith:
    Unitarian
    Two parents of the same sex is certainly not wrong, and it's never addressed in the Bible. You are stretching your interpretation of the Bible here to fit your prejudices, meaning pre-judgments, of gay parents.

14. Catholicon

Catholicon Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Unitarian
    What? HOW does it do that?!

"Two parents of the same sex is certainly not wrong, and it's never addressed in the Bible. You are stretching your interpretation of the Bible here to fit your prejudices, meaning pre-judgments, of gay parents." (Quoted for truth.)

15. EnemyPartyII

EnemyPartyII New Member

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Yes. God's way is for loving parents to love and nurture their children.

Sexuality and biology of either parent or child doesn't matter in the least.

16. Ave Maria

Ave Maria Ave Maria Gratia Plena

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Catholic
    What is your point ChaliceThunder? Parents of both sexual orientations can be horrible parents but homosexual parents are always worse parents than heterosexual parents in general. Why is that? Because God did not design the family to have two parents of the same sex. Yes, you read what I said right. The family is not designed to have two parents of the same sex. It is disgusting that homosexual "parents" can raise children in this nation and in any nation. It should be outlawed! :preach:

17. Ave Maria

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Catholic
    I thought Catholics were supposed to be against gay parenting???

18. Catholicon

Catholicon Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Unitarian
    God didn't design the family to have a single parent either, but it happens. Or do you consider single parent families sinful as well?

19. Ave Maria

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Catholic
    No I do not but single parents happens. Gay "parents" should never happen. In fact, people shouldn't even be gay!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.