✟3,631.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
from article said:
Julie Jadlowiec Phillippi of Carnegie Mellon and her colleagues worked with mouse stem cells, so-called adult stem cells, meaning they are partly down the route of development.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061211/us_nm/stemcells_inkjet_dc

It is very subtle in the article but it may mean a positive change in focusing on the real results of adult stem cells rather than the embryonic ones in the medical community.

As small as this seems, this is a great moment for pro-lifers. The news media seems to be slowly moving into the right path! :crossrc: :clap:

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,148.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, why wouldn't the media report good news like that?

I don't think that anyone in the medical community believed that adult stem cell research should stop. Some just believed that both types of research should be conducted.

I did find this comment really amusing.

"Now we are looking at making cartilage and fat cells," she said.
I can't imagine that there would be much demand for getting a fat cell transplant. I, like, most people I know, would be running away in the other direction......

What clinical use would it have? For premature babies? But certainly no one would want to do surgery on a premature baby just to increase its fat cells.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've read stories of successes and failures in both embryonic and adult stem cells from the major news sources for years, why should this be surprising. There is still alot to learn about both types and only one way to do so. I don't think we should be killing babies in labs to study them, but I have no issue with aborted, stillboarn or miscarried babies being used for research if possible and if the parents are okay with it. If something good could come out of a bad situation, I think that's great. That said I don't know if the babies in these circumstances would be useful for such a purpose.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.