Am I going to go to hell?

Bearyme

Jul 2, 2010
✟15,127.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, I'm a lesbian and have been with my partner for nearly 2 years. My friend told me that being homosexual goes agaisnt God and it's what satanists do to make God angry. It sounded really dumb when she first told me but then I went and read the part in the bible about it. Now I'm confused.
Does God really hate people for their sexual preference? Even though I love him and belive in him, why would he send me to hell for how I was born?

SuzanneM52

Jun 17, 2010
✟15,202.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Greetings!!!! Tho I am a new Christian, I find my feelings on the "Gay" lifestyle have not changed, in that, I truly believe some are born that way just as some are born as Conjoined twins, or with cleft palates.....if a person is a homosexual because of a mess-up in their DNA then how can anyone say they are going to hell for that UNLESS they fail to accept Jesus as the one and only son of God and who died for us as all of us must do to be saved.... However, if you are practicing the gay lifestyle out of sexual PREFERENC E or just because it gives you a new sexual kick, then I would suggest you go to God and get it straight with Him.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God doesn't hate anyone. The subject of homosexuality is very complex, and you will hear a wide range of opinions here. I think the Satanist comment was mean-spirited probably had some hate behind it (ie. not Christian). One thing that you should always remember: every single Christian is sinning against God's will. If being righteous was a prerequisite for Heaven, none of us would end up there. Keep loving God and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you... God's grace is sufficient!

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
every single Christian is sinning against God's will.
go to God and get it straight with Him.
That's really what it comes down to -- facing God with every question and every part of your life. What we say is not necessarily what His stance will be, no matter how spiritual we sound. If God is the one who makes the decision, then He should be the one that answers the question. Not that it's bad to ask, of course.

None of us have come to a place where we are perfect or right with Him on our own merits. It is His grace that makes us whole, and white as snow. That is the gospel.

Upvote 0

banish'd

Shekinah Glory
Feb 6, 2010
San Francisco
✟15,776.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Greetings!!!! Tho I am a new Christian, I find my feelings on the "Gay" lifestyle have not changed, in that, I truly believe some are born that way just as some are born as Conjoined twins, or with cleft palates.....if a person is a homosexual because of a mess-up in their DNA then how can anyone say they are going to hell for that UNLESS they fail to accept Jesus as the one and only son of God and who died for us as all of us must do to be saved.... However, if you are practicing the gay lifestyle out of sexual PREFERENC E or just because it gives you a new sexual kick, then I would suggest you go to God and get it straight with Him.:thumbsup:

Sorry I quoted the wrong message.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

banish'd

Shekinah Glory
Feb 6, 2010
San Francisco
✟15,776.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, I'm a lesbian and have been with my partner for nearly 2 years. My friend told me that being homosexual goes agaisnt God and it's what satanists do to make God angry. It sounded really dumb when she first told me but then I went and read the part in the bible about it. Now I'm confused.
Does God really hate people for their sexual preference? Even though I love him and belive in him, why would he send me to hell for how I was born?

Hello Bearme,

Joseph Prince has a good sermon out about, "Grace". I think you need listen to that one, and then ask yourself, "if Grace is a license to sin". Maybe it is, and maybe it isn't? Lets face it, it's between you and God!

What makes me wonder is why you posted that question on a christian forum? It's common knowlege that christians avoid that sin? You know that!

Here is the link:

Praise the Lord

Upvote 0

Mess

Jun 12, 2010
✟16,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Hello Bearme,

Joseph Prince has a good sermon out about, "Grace". I think you need listen to that one, and then ask yourself, "if Grace is a license to sin". Maybe it is, and maybe it isn't? Lets face it, it's between you and God!

What makes me wonder is why you posted that question on a christian forum? It's common knowlege that christians avoid that sin? You know that!

Here is the link:
removed the link for the quote not enough posts

Haven't listened to the sermon, but what it comes down to in my view is do you hate to sin, or do you just think oh I'm saved so let's sin away. Everyone sins, though if you are truelly saved it gets harder and harder to do so, but the difference will be in the reaction from your side. Will you just shrug your shoulders, and say oh who cares, or will you feel godly remorse(only possible through the Holy Spirit), will you realise you are hurting the one that loves you, the one that wants the best for you, that someone is God. Godly sorrow which comes from the heart. We must also know, and realise, no matter how good we live, we can never attain salvation through what we do, salvation comes from the Lord.

I do believe homosexuality is a sin. First off it has not been proven that it is genetic, in fact there are researches coming from Gay scientists, that homosexuality is something psychological. Atleast I've been told by this amazing pastor.
Two what you need to realise is, that a sin is something that God knows will be harmful for you. People often don't realise this, they think God gave us the laws for no reason, but it is because he wants the best for us. It is a fact homosexuality has a horrible effect on your body. Some sources claim that Lesbians for example have 3x the risk for breastcancer non lesbians have. That is why God hates homosexuality, he hates to see you destroy yourself, he hates to see you not reaching the fullnes that is a marriage between a man and a woman. But that does not mean he hates you, or any other gay person. The greatest act of Love from God was the sacrifice of His only son for us, the gospel doesn't say it is only for the straight, or only for this group or that group, it says it is for ALL, how clear can one get it God loves all.

I remember just being saved, and God putting it in my heart that certain things that were sinful, other Christians don't perceive that way, however there are other sins I'm struggling with, other Christians have a lot less problems with. Sexual sin is the type of sin that is very hard to tackle, in my view the hardest sin to deal with.

Anyway, I take scripture quite literal on pretty much anything, so I live my life, if scripture says it's a sin it is, but God spoke to me without scriptural knowledge, he can do that, but I can't tell you what the consequences will be for your relationship with God if you are a Homosexual, I'm not God so I can't and I won't. As has been pointed out, go before God, pray to him, talk to him, it is an amazing experience to do so, and just ask him put the truth about this in my heart, speak about it to me.
Remember this, if you realise/think/get told that it is a Sin, God will be there to help you tackle it, there are testimonies of Gay people stepping away from that lifestyle. Through the power of God, even some quite prominent members from the Gay scene, have quit the lifestyle. It will however mean you will have to make very tough decisions. And it might be wise to seek a support group, I know there are whole ministries focused on this matter.

Anyway, this might sound quite negative, I don't know, but I do love you as a sister, and I wish you all the best with this, and any other possible things you are struggling with. And above all I'm certain God loves you. May God bless and be with you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JSGuitarist

Παρα σοι ιλασμος εστιν
Mar 7, 2008
✟9,364.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Hello Bearyme,

Please know that what I say, I don't say out of prejudice or hatred, and what I do say is spoken in love. Though, I myself would be furious to think that someone could have told me the truth to save me, and yet they did not tell me and I perished. You are here looking for truth, and I do not want to hide the truth from someone who is seeking it. I will start with Scripture, and then base my thoughts off of what I show you. I won't arge whether or not homosexuality is condemned by the Bible, because you grasp that already.

1 John 2
3We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. 4The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5But if anyone obeys his word, God's love[b] is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: 6Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Salvation is something more than just an assent to the deity of Christ or a belief about him, but it's much deeper than that. You'll find in different places in the Bible, people professed a belief in God, but Christ would not acknowledge their submission to Him. John 2:23-25 says the following:

John 2
23Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Feast, many people saw the miraculous signs he was doing and believed in his name.[c] 24But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all men. 25He did not need man's testimony about man, for he knew what was in a man.

What you find is that many people saw the signs that Jesus Christ performed, and had their profession of faith in Him, but Christ wouldn't yield to them. Even though they professed outward belief, Jesus knew that the hearts of these people were not to Him. If you look in John 6, the same people who had followed Him around and were fed during the miraculous multiplication of bread had scattered when His teachings became too difficult. Even some very close disciples (not of the core 12) abandoned Him, and no longer followed Him. But when He turned to the disciples and asked them, "Do you wish to leave as well?", Peter replied, "Lord, we have left everything to follow you. Where will we go? You have the words of eternal life." The hearts of the disciples, save for Judas, were sold out to Him, and that is why they stayed.

How does that relate to 1 John 2? There are those who make a profession to love God, but do not have the obedience. These are the ones whom Christ will not acknowledge their profession, and they lie to say they do walk with Him. However, the one who is obedient to God, he is the one who can say he knows God without a tinge of hypocrisy in his words. One way that it is shown, among other things, is the keeping of God's commands. To live as a homosexual, and to claim that you walk with God, is to lie, and the truth is not in you.

I want to bring one other thing to your consideration, which I think will put this issue in a different light than what you have seen before.

Romans 1
18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.
24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. 28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

If you examine this passage, you will find where exactly homosexual behavior comes from; not from drawing nearer to God, but having departed from Him. God's wrath against unrighteousness has been revealed, and the light of nature has revealed Him, but when people rejected the light they have been given, God gave them over to their sins. As they wandered away from God, they went to the worship of idols, to sexual immorality, to homosexual behavior, and to many other vile acts. It came to the point that not only did people practice these, but they applauded those who did so. Point being, a homosexual lifestyle is actually rooted in rejection of God, whether an individual or societal one, and not rooted in being close to God, as many would say today.

In a sense, you are born with this sin, but it's not in the sense that people say today. We all have an inherited sinful nature from Adam. From that same inherited sinful nature comes not only homosexual behavior, but also everything else; lust, murder, adultery, thievery, hatred, greed, cowardice, drunkenness, profanity, pride, magic arts, and many other ungodly things. Sins are impossible for us to get rid of on our own strength, which is why I believe many perceive they are born with it, because the desire is so powerful. Other sins such as hatred, greed, drink and other expressions of lust are extremely powerful too. It's not a function of natural genetics though; it's a matter of sin nature that has come along since Adam.

The question though is not, "Does God hate me for this?", but "How do these sins look in the eyes of God?" The fact is that your sins are an offense to a God who is completely holy and righteous. When mention is made of the holiness of God, it is usually chanted three times ("Holy, holy, holy"), something which is never done with any other attribute He possesses, not even His love, mercy or compassion. Not only this, but an infinitely holy God. How could such a holy God look upon sin so detestable?

Going by Scripture, if you don't repent of your sin, you will perish.

But know that God does not leave you without a helper. For those who will diligently seek God, He will answer their prayers. For those who desire to be freed from their sin, God will set them free, and by no means will He fail to deliver their request. He opens His arms openly. I don't have any hesitation to give you that promise, because I have seen the faithfulness of God in my own life, and I know that if you will seek Him, if you will ask Him to drive your sin from you, He absolutely will do it :)

I say that because I know how long it takes to get long of a sin that has played a major part in your life. The task of getting rid of it seems impossible. But God is powerful as to create a heart in you that will make you to flee from sin.

It's good of you to come and ask for help in this issue. To those who will throw themselves upon Christ, God promises to save them. It will be as though they have never sinned, and the power of sin in your life will be destroyed. Once again, I write this with the greatest love I can. Know that you can be at peace with God, but don't ever be at peace with your sin.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When one is born again they have received a new nature. This new nature has desires in accordance to God's will.
There is a difference between struggling with a sin (knowing it is wrong,yet at times failing in it) on the one hand, and justifying our sin on the other. Those who have received God's new nature may find themselves struggling with a sin but are either naive or hard hearted if they are justifying it. As many have already said, we can't free our selves from these sins by sheer will power but need to look to Jesus for the needed grace.

Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
(Heb 4:14-16)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Um, the jury's still out. Christ has not returned, and you're still alive.

I can't say anyone here is without sin. And God wants us to recognize and not defy His view of sin.

A person here with the handle of "clep" had a similar issue in heterosexual relationship. While there were a number of advice issues she ran into, I think she might have an interesting view of things. Again, you'd have to understand, she's a new Christian, and you may need to know something of the question she asked here. But maybe, if you can see through some of her struggles, it may help you recognize what's going on.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think you'll be going through hell with your friend until you get this sorted, at the end of the day it comes down to your own relationship with God. If your friend wants to convict you of sin then she needs to be corrected: your sin is not between you and her, it is between you and God, and every time you ask God "is it ok" you'll get His answer. You can simply choose to accept what God says or decline it.

The Bible contains all the info we need to get through this life without our soul having perished to sin. If you obey what God says then you don't require the fires of purification. Christians can tell you lots of theory about it, but it all boils down to what message you decide to hear. I would suggest you open the Bible randomly and pray to God to reveal the truth you need now, since He is a living spirit you can always receive His inspired message in your heart when you read His holy word and He will always support you with your personal growth.

Upvote 0

andreha

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Gauteng
✟130,569.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Hey Bearyme

Relax - some Christians have intense knee-jerk reactions when they hear certain words. The fact is that we all depend on God's grace. The fact that you love Him and believe in Him means that He will shape you according to His will. Just carry on following His lead, and you will have eternal life. :amen:

Upvote 0

Cait4jc

Jul 5, 2010
Montana
✟7,617.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
First of all, lets address something off the bat. Many people today build a false image of God in their minds. They see God as a forgiving and adaptable Lord. Even though God is forgiving to a person who is TRULY repenting, we cannot create this false God in our minds! God of the Bible is the only true God. Believe the God of the Bible or your worshiping an idol, the God you've envisioned in your mind. The true God of the bible destroyed Sodom and Gomorra. killed billions in the flood, and only choose Jewish people as his chosen people. Why? God HATES sin. If God hates sin, how can he be ok with homosexuality?

You might ask me, is homosexuality a sin? WELL 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 says:

9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

This is what God thinks about homosexuality. Ask yourself one thing, can a man who steals be a christian? YES, however he must stop his actions and turn away from his sins. Can a man who is an alcoholic be a christian? YES, however he must stop his actions and turn away from his sins. Repent and believe in Jesus. Can sexually immoral people go to heaven? YES, however they must stop their actions and turn away from their sins. Can homosexuals go to heaven? YES, howevr they must stop their actions and turn away from their sins. Repent and believe in God (Believe refering to trusting and following the teaching of Christ.)

Would you allow a drunk man to participate in church one Sunday? (Not a sober man, however a man who has been drinking all night and still has alcohol in their system!) No! He'd be a distraction. Tell him to come back when he's sober and ready to learn about the true God. Would you allow a man who is containing thousands of stolen dollars, currently, in their pockets to participate in church one Sunday? (This guy has stolen money sticking out of his pant ans jacket pockets.) NO! He'd be a distraction. Tell him to come back when he's returned the money. Would you allow a homosexual man or woman enter into church on Sunday? NO! He or She would be a distraction. Tell him or her to come back when they TRULY want to know the word of the TRUE and LIVING GOD, not some falsely forgiving God they've made up in their minds.

Now, you might ask me, "Is being a homosexual as serious as being a drunk or a thief?"....isn't that what 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 and many other bible scriptures say?

God does forgive when a person TRULY wants to repent and turn away for their sins. Don't do things and think God will just forgive you later.

That's the truth. This is what the Bible says.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cait4jc

Jul 5, 2010
Montana
✟7,617.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
First of all, lets address something off the bat. Many people today build a false image of God in their minds. They see God as a forgiving and adaptable Lord. Even though God is forgiving to a person who is TRULY repenting, we cannot create this false God in our minds! God of the Bible is the only true God. Believe the God of the Bible or your worshiping an idol, the God you've envisioned in your mind. The true God of the bible destroyed Sodom and Gomorra. killed billions in the flood, and only choose Jewish people as his chosen people. Why? God HATES sin. If God hates sin, how can he be ok with homosexuality?

9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

This is what God thinks about homosexuality. Ask yourself one thing, can a man who steals be a christian? YES, however he must stop his actions and turn away from his sins. Can a man who is an alcoholic be a christian? YES, however he must stop his actions and turn away from his sins. Repent and believe in Jesus. Can sexually immoral people go to heaven? YES, however they must stop their actions and turn away from their sins. Can homosexuals go to heaven? YES, howevr they must stop their actions and turn away from their sins. Repent and believe in God (Believe refering to trusting and following the teaching of Christ.)

Would you allow a drunk man to participate in church one Sunday? (Not a sober man, however a man who has been drinking all night and still has alcohol in their system!) No! He'd be a distraction. Tell him to come back when he's sober and ready to learn about the true God. Would you allow a man who is containing thousands of stolen dollars, currently, in their pockets to participate in church one Sunday? (This guy has stolen money sticking out of his pant ans jacket pockets.) NO! He'd be a distraction. Tell him to come back when he's returned the money. Would you allow a homosexual man or woman enter into church on Sunday? NO! He or She would be a distraction. Tell him or her to come back when they TRULY want to know the word of the TRUE and LIVING GOD, not some falsely forgiving God they've made up in their minds.

Now, you might ask me, "Is being a homosexual as serious as being a drunk or a thief?"....isn't that what 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 and many other bible scriptures say?

God does forgive when a person TRULY wants to repent and turn away for their sins. Don't do things and think God will just forgive you later.

Upvote 0

Cait4jc

Jul 5, 2010
Montana
✟7,617.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hey Bearyme

Relax - some Christians have intense knee-jerk reactions when they hear certain words. The fact is that we all depend on God's grace. The fact that you love Him and believe in Him means that He will shape you according to His will. Just carry on following His lead, and you will have eternal life. :amen:

Upvote 0

srjoanna

Mar 5, 2010
✟8,936.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Christ loves sinners, He doesnt love sin.
Whatever gets in the way of you and Christ, try and get rid of it.
Deep down,we all know when we have sinned. I call sin that little bell
that rings inside of us, when we do something wrong. We can either listen
to that bell ringing and try to change OR we can ignore it.
Its a struggle, it isn't easy to change.
Pray for guidance and enlightment...

Many ((((((((hugs)))))))))

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Simply being homosexual is not a sin if the person isn't acting on it and didn't choose it. If they live chastely and don't have any same sex relationships and avoid any lustful thoughts, and are trying to follow Christ, - they're not sinning if they still get tempted from time to time. Temptation is not a sin. If however they do have a choice about being gay or straight, then it would be important for them to choose to be straight. In any case, they should live chastely and not act on homosexual thoughts or feelings, and not encourage them or want them.

God does love everyone, but He doesn't love sin

:hug:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

singpeace

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
U.S.
✟40,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Bearyme,

I can't tell you that homosexuality is not a sin because the Bible says it is.

However, here is where I get so angry lately. I keep finding myself ministering to gays because some knuckle-headed Christian has made them feel worthless.

Here are the facts:

1. The act of homosexuality is described in the Bible as an abomination; however, so are over 200 other sins, such as lying, cheating on taxes, gossiping, and giving someone a haughty look. There are plenty of heterosexual Sunday school teachers and the like who are guilty of abominations and have even made a them into a lifestyle.

2. Even Mother Teresa; with all her good works, would have been lost and doomed to Hell if it had not been for the fact that she accepted Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior.

3. We are all born into sin. We all fight our fleshly desires everyday, and we all stumble and fall short.

The thing is that we all have temptations. Yours is your lust for the same sex. I have other temptations to sins that aren't your temptations. You make the grade where I fail, and vice versa. We all must recognize just how much we can deal with each day as far as fighting our flesh... then do our best... not use the blood of Christ as an excuse to be weak in our fight.

God looks at your heart, not your works. He wants you to make Him the lover of your soul before any other human being. He desires you. Seek Him about this and know that He loves you more in your weakest moments than ever; as He does us all. You are precious to Him and no more guilty than a Pastor whose sins are hidden in private. No one can fool God. We are all guilty. :groupray:

Upvote 0