Am I God's Vomit???

ImHisServant

Let Everything That Has Breath Praise The Lord!!
Jun 21, 2005
Florida
Visit site
✟18,039.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Am I God's Vomit???
I was doing a study in His Word today on being lukewarm. To be honest, I was looking for a study to share with the family that would reach my husband and hopefully convict him of his lukewarmness. Everytime I talk about the Bible or prayer... he quickly changes the subject. I know that if he would catch fire... I would also get even hotter, and our family and marriage would get hotter too.

You can probably guess what happened - God always has a way of turning things around on me and making me look at myself and not my husband. As I studied I went through my checklist in my head. Yep - he's lukewarm in that area... and that... and that... and that. Knowing I was hot in those areas...

Then I saw another table of what was hot - lukewarm - or cold... as I went down that list it was obvious that I fit into the lukewarm catagory more times then I want to admit. Thank you God for bringing that to my attention and getting the focus of my walk with You back on me. Please forgive me for judging my husband and wanting to remove the splinter in his eye when I had a plank in my own.

What about you??? Are you Hot - Lukewarm - or Cold??

Revelation 3:15-1 says:

15 - I know your (record of) works and what you are doing; you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were cold or hot!
16 - So, because you are lukewarm and neither cold nor hot,
I will spew you out of My mouth!
17 - For you say, I am rich; I have prospered and grown wealthy, and I am in need of nothing; and you do not realize and understand that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. (Hos.12:8)

Spew here is often translated spit in many translations. But the root word is from vomit.

God said that He wants us to be either hot or cold, but if we are lukewarm, he will vomit us out of his mouth.

I believe that we need to take a warning from Gods message to Laodecia.

Are we hot or cold for God? Or are we just lukewarm? He didnt say that He will spew out the people that are cold. But He will spew the people that are lukewarm.

Jesus harshest and most condemning words were not to the sinners, but to the people who thought they were religious, but did not truly follow God.

Lets ask ourselves, if I were to honestly analyze my life, am I a lukewarm Christian? Would God spew me out of His mouth?

When we enter the throne of heaven, how would God react to us? Would our life be a pleasing aroma? Or would He spew us from His presence?

How can we be Hot?

Lets ask ourselves, in what ways are we lukewarm?

How can we be hot?

I am going to give some tips that I learned at the IBLP Advanced Seminar last weekend on the differences between hot, cold, and lukewarm.

Hot Seeks Gods face
Lukewarm Seeks friends face
Cold Seeks Rebels face

Hot Studies the Bible
Lukewarm Neglects the Bible
Cold Mocks the Bible

Hot Smiles at everyone
Lukewarm Smiles at friends
Cold Does not smile

Hot Enthusiastic
Lukewarm Complacent
Cold Negative

Hot Praises others
Lukewarm Doesnt communicate with others
Cold Criticizes others

Hot Looks for ways to serve others
Lukewarm Serves himself
Cold Expects to be served

Hot Gives thanks
Lukewarm Takes things for granted
Cold Expects things

Hot Enjoys humor
Lukewarm Enjoys sarcasm
Cold Enjoys folly

Hot Does more than is required
Lukewarm Does only what is required
Cold Does less than required

Hot Learns and applies truth to his life
Lukewarm Learns, but does nothing
Cold Rejects the truth, believes lies

Hot Forgives offenders
Lukewarm Holds grudges
Cold Looks for revenge

Hot Lives frugally to give to others
Lukewarm Buys to please self
Cold Squanders money

Hot Prays for others
Lukewarm Prays for self
Cold Does not pray

God disciplines those He loves

The church today is preaching "God loves you. Jesus cares for you." Yes, that is true. But God also says that He rebukes and chastens those He loves.

Revelation 3:18-19

18 - Therefore I counsel you to purchase from Me gold refined and tested by fire, that you may be (truly) wealthy, and white clothes to clothe you and to keep the shame of your nudity from being seen, and salve to put on your eyes, that you may see.
19 - Those whom I (dearly and tenderly) love, I tell their faults and convict and convince and reprove and chasten (I discipline and instruct them). So be enthusiastic and in earnest and burning with zeal and repent (changing your mind and attitude). (Prov 3:12)

After doing this study I just want to tell my Father that I am sorry for my inward thoughts and attitudes. Thank you Lord for Your tender love and correction - thank You for your instruction. I pray that I will no longer be lukewarm in any area... but on fire for You in every area that needs improvement. Amen