Not open for further replies.

Monica02

Senior Veteran
Aug 17, 2004
✟3,547.00
Faith
Catholic
Febe said:
All this abortion-talk reminds me about when I was pregnant and a nurse asked if they could do some tests, from the water around the baby - I don't know the proper term of it... I asked "Why"? as she told that they could se some health-problems with the baby that way (she didn't use the word "baby", but I don't know the other word in English)... So I answered, "And in which way can You help and heal my baby if You find this"? and was answered, that they offered abortion!:sick:
Of course my answer was: "No thanks! My child is alive now, and I'll protect her with my own life"!
The next two times, she said, a bit embarressed, that she knew my answer, but had to ask all the same, according to some rules...

Good for you!!!! I think the English word you might be looking for is fetus.

Upvote 0

Febe

Dec 13, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden.
✟4,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Monica02 said:
I think the English word you might be looking for is fetus.
:thumbsup: It might very well be! A word to hide from the fact that an unborn child is a human being, and to make it sound as it it was just something like an appendix or so...:doh:

Upvote 0

Orthosdoxa

Happy wife and mommy
Feb 11, 2003
nowhere
✟24,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The name of the hospital is Chicago based, and the name is 'Mercy of Christ'...or something like that.

I believe you're referring to Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn, IL. They have had some HORRID things reported on them in regards to their treatment of the unborn.

It might very well be! A word to hide from the fact that an unborn child is a human being, and to make it sound as it it was just something like an appendix or so...

Yeah... "fetus" is actually Latin and literally means "little one" - a very appropo and beautiful way to describe a pre-born child. Unfortunately, the pro-aborts have hijacked and made the everyday understanding of it to be "non-human".

LK

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I believe you're referring to Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn, IL. They have had some HORRID things reported on them in regards to their treatment of the unborn.

BINGO, I think that is it. It just seemed to simple. But yea, the name of Christ stuck in my mind, because it seemed so unChristlike to do that.

Sick sick sick world. :mad:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.