Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What does this have to do with creation?
Creation:

Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Evolution:

Alleles

Upvote 0
Apr 2, 2012
✟7,712.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Both... and no one has ever put forth a good reason why it shouldn't be both... at least not in light of the Bible and science.

Side note: I don't think you are going to get many votes on this forum because I would bet 80% of the people here don't know what Alleles are! Although they probably claim a FIRM conviction and knowledge of evolution!

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Both... and no one has ever put forth a good reason why it shouldn't be both... at least not in light of the Bible and science.
I love your [fake] omniscience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CaliforniaSun

Feb 24, 2011
✟2,613.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Creation:

Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Evolution:

Alleles

Anonymous poetry. Cool.

Alvíssmál 20 It is named 'wind' with the Humans. But 'waverer' with [the Æsir] the gods. [The Vanir] the enchanting-rulers call it 'neigher' [making sounds like a horse]. The Jötnar 'shrieker' [during deadly arctic storms]. The Álfar 'whistler'. In Hel, [the dead] call it 'squall' [a sharp increase in wind speed before a rain]. Vindr heitir með mönnum. en váfuðr með goðum. kalla gneggjuð ginnregin. æpi jötnar. alfar dynfara. kalla í helju hviðuð.

• Haha
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
J

Jazer

For somebody who criticizes evolution as much as you do, I would expect you to know what that means.
I did look it up and the dictionary said it was a german word. Alleluia is a latin word.
There really is not much in the way of connection between Latin and German.

In case you missed it the question is do you accept evolution or God.
R we here because of blind chance or because God ordained it.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
I did look it up and the dictionary said it was a german word. Alleluia is a latin word.

I don't know what kind of dictionary you use, but I'd advise you to throw it into the trash.

Alleles is greek based, not german. Alleluia is a hebrew based, not latin.

Upvote 0

verysincere

Exegete/Linguist
Jan 18, 2012
Haiti
✟18,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by AV1611VET
Alleles or Alleluia?
I do not know why the words are spelled alike

They aren't.

But more importantly, what in the world does the question have to do with "Creation & Evolution"?

There is no doubt that alleles exist and are very important. And Bible-believing Christians would agree that "Alleluia" is their response to all which God has created (including alleles.)

So the question is pointless.

But some Christian leaders have long been known for promoting false dichotomies. This is a great example. Why would anyone ever have to choose between an allele and a Hebrew praise word?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Guy1

Apr 6, 2012
✟8,318.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

More like we're here because of random mutations acted upon in a non-random fashion by environmental pressures (I.e. Not due to simple "Blind chance")... or because your god ordained it.

Upvote 0

verysincere

Exegete/Linguist
Jan 18, 2012
Haiti
✟18,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Alleluia is a latin word.

A Latin transliteration of a Hebrew word is more accurate.

No. The question stated nothing of the sort.

And why do you assume the false dichotomy that evolution and God are opposing choices? Considering the huge number of American scientists who are theists, the question makes little sense. We accept that God established evolutionary processes to adapt living organisms to changing environments and to diversify the biosphere.

The Bible is fine with this concept so why would you oppose it?

It is hard to know where to begin with this many erroneous presuppositions.

As to "blind chance" the scriptures claim that God uses "chance" for his purposes and that he controls the outcome of the casting of lots. So once again we see a false dichotomy posed here.

As to "God ordaining" it, the Bible certainly states that God ordained chance.

And the evidence from creation itself tells us that God ordained evolutionary processes for His glory. (And the Bible says nothing which would deny the facts of evolution.)

Chance is not what is blind here.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

JanetReed

Mar 30, 2012
✟355.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
I have said many times there is no conflict between Science and the Bible. What part of that are you having problems understanding?
The part where you say 'there is no conflict between Science and the Bible'.
If there were no conflicts how come most scientists don't believe the Bible is true?
I think you are saying something that you wish was true and not something that is true.

You are like the person who says 'I don't know what adultery is but I know it's wrong'.

Upvote 0