Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
House cleaned
Food prepared

Where you having your Seder?

And what's on your menu?

I've already made the Matzo Ball soup, Gefilte fish and am marinating the Lamb
Butternut squash casserole ready for oven and doing a roasted beet with walnuts.

Found lots of GF K4P chocolate goodies this year! :clap::clap::clap:

Chocolate covered cherries, Chocolate covered Potato Chips, Chocolate covered Macaroons, Chocolate filled cookies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,seems to be a theme here! :rolleyes: :)

SilverAvenger

Old-Catholic and Jewish Interfaith Minister
Aug 15, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal - Yes, that little rectangle next
✟15,521.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Over here is gonna be a lonely seder, holled up in my room and eating on my bed, with nobody else but me and a securely locked door. Already made [and froze] my gelfite fish, smuggled kosher for passover grape wine into the home and saved the lamb's roasted bone from the Catholic Easter lunch we had.Now, let's see if I manage to do it withought being busted by my anti-jew mom and sibling.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Daniel Gregg

Messianic, House of Yisra'el
Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
✟15,835.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Over here is gonna be a lonely seder, holled up in my room and eating on my bed, with nobody else but me and a securely locked door. Already made [and froze] my gelfite fish, smuggled kosher for passover grape wine into the home and saved the lamb's roasted bone from the Catholic Easter lunch we had.Now, let's see if I manage to do it withought being busted by my anti-jew mom and sibling.

We had beef chandlier (roast in tomato sauce). Seven layer salad, radish, peas, lettuce parsely.... Unleavened bread was homemade. All last month. Today was the 27th day of the Omer count.

Upvote 0

Daniel Gregg

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
✟15,835.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Daniel, What calendar are you going by?

Whatever agrees with Torah must be scientifically accurate, otherwise it has to be an error.
The Rabbinic calendar assumes a length of the year that drifts forward 2 hours every 19 years. As a result Passover is destined to wander through all the seasons of the year.

If after 12 months of the previous year the equinox falls before the 16th day of the next month, then that month is the first month.

New moons are fixed by actual sighting.

That's the calendar used in Scripture.

Upvote 0

Daniel Gregg

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
✟15,835.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Must not be one that checks the barley for ripeness.

Ripe barley is ALWAYS found before the spring equinox. And that proved to be the case this year. Nehemiah Gordon was a false witness this year in saying there was no barley, directly contradicted by the testimony of two witnesses who are actual believers in Messiah unlike Mr. Gordon. Since barley always ripens before the spring equinox, it is always ready for Nisan 16 since the equinox must occur before that date.

For this reason the barley is always ripe on time, and it is not needed to fix the calendar. It wasn't according to Scripture to delay the first fruits.

o.k. so you missed it. It is legal to observe Passover a month late if circumstances make it impossible in the first month.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Nehemiah Gordon was a false witness this year in saying there was no barley, directly contradicted by the testimony of two witnesses who are actual believers in Messiah unlike Mr. Gordon.
Hasn't this occurred numerous years in the past? I seem to remember this argument against Nehemiah before...

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
o.k. so you missed it. It is legal to observe Passover a month late if circumstances make it impossible in the first month.

That is only for someone unclean or on a journey.
And it is next month.

Depends on who your official 'official' is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Why can't we eat lamb on Passover as believers in yeshua?

As a memorial of his sacrifice ?
If you notice, it is about the only time you will find lots of lamb cuts at the grocery store, is around Passover... That is because we do.

Last edited:
Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Rabbinic calendar assumes a length of the year that drifts forward 2 hours every 19 years. As a result Passover is destined to wander through all the seasons of the year.
Name me one year out of the last 1000 that Pesach happened in the fall or early winter. (northern hemisphere that is)

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why can't we eat lamb on Passover as believers in yeshua?
As a memorial of his sacrifice ?
No reason we cannot. Jeremiah Greenberg (Messianic Liturgical Resources) even wrote up a bracha for the lamb in his haggadah.

While lamb has been forbidden in the Ashkenazic community as a remembrance of the loss of the temple; it is used by at least some in the Sephardic community.

Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No reason we cannot. Jeremiah Greenberg (Messianic Liturgical Resources) even wrote up a bracha for the lamb in his haggadah.

While lamb has been forbidden in the Ashkenazic community as a remembrance of the loss of the temple; it is used by at least some in the Sephardic community.

I see thanks ..

Upvote 0

Daniel Gregg

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
✟15,835.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Name me one year out of the last 1000 that Pesach happened in the fall or early winter. (northern hemisphere that is)

That is a straw man argument Sir. My post said "destined" which refers to the future. IF uncorrected, the Rabbinic calendar will wander throughout the whole year.

Where you unaware that you attempted a logical deception in your argument?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No - the last 1000 years is more than enough time for the "wandering" to start showing up. It has not. And if it does, there are still the Karaites doing physical observations of the barley to call out the correct start to Nisan (Abib)

Upvote 0