United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ya....and arabs from caves used boxcutters to do 9-11. hogwash, i say.:wave:
Fair enough. I'll show you evidence that 911 happened and you show me evidence that the UN, by GA resolution, has decided to enforce, or even recognize, Noahide law.

Upvote 0

Dr.Strangelove

Sep 4, 2010
✟1,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To add to my previous post, several years ago a rather extensive collection of how to fulfill the obligations of the Noachide Laws for those Gentiles who choose to commit themselves to them was written, the work is in two volumes and known as the Sefer Sheva Mitzvot Hashem, literally "Book of God's Seven Laws", and has been endorsed by Chasidic and non-Chasidic rabbis across the planet. Surely, if there were information detailing the putting to death of "Christian idolaters", it would be found in what may be regarded one of the most authoritative and extensive texts on Noachide practice in Judaism today.

-CryptoLutheran

Yeah because when Satan wants to get you he charges straight at you screaming with his best devil suit on right?

Or does he come as an angel of light, DECEIVING, talking of world peace and saving Earth like a FALSE MESSIAH!?

Upvote 0
C

child of Jesus

To add to my previous post, several years ago a rather extensive collection of how to fulfill the obligations of the Noachide Laws for those Gentiles who choose to commit themselves to them was written, the work is in two volumes and known as the Sefer Sheva Mitzvot Hashem, literally "Book of God's Seven Laws", and has been endorsed by Chasidic and non-Chasidic rabbis across the planet. Surely, if there were information detailing the putting to death of "Christian idolaters", it would be found in what may be regarded one of the most authoritative and extensive texts on Noachide practice in Judaism today.

-CryptoLutheran

hi Crypto.
they haven't been explicitly called CHRISTIANS.:wave:yet.

a simple look at the source of these Laws tells us who the REAL ENEMY IS....and always has been.

JESUS CHRIST, EMMANUEL.

The Talmud (Babylonian edition) records other sins of "Jesus the Nazarene":
  1. He and his disciples practiced sorcery and black magic, led Jews astray into idolatry, and were sponsored by foreign, gentile powers for the purpose of subverting Jewish worship (Sanhedrin 43a).
  2. He was sexually immoral, worshipped statues of stone (a brick is mentioned), was cut off from the Jewish people for his wickedness, and refused to repent (Sanhedrin 107b; Sotah 47a).
  3. He learned witchcraft in Egypt and, to perform miracles, used procedures that involved cutting his flesh—which is also explicitly banned in the Bible (Shabbos 104b).
Who Was Jesus?

i resolutely refuse to get derailed over "sources" i have a trillion....they are available to ANYONE today. it's in plain view now.

anybody doubting the reality of these things will have to do their own homework.

Reactions: Son of Israel
Upvote 0

Dr.Strangelove

Sep 4, 2010
✟1,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fair enough. I'll show you evidence that 911 happened

Why dont you start a thread on 9-11. and I'll show you how it DIDNT happen like you think it did.

and you show me evidence that the UN, by GA resolution, has decided to enforce, or even recognize, Noahide law.

Mr Joop Theunissen Deputy Chief of the NGO branch of ECOSOC signed a proclamation pledging to keep the Laws of Noah.

"Their observance is required, so that the vision of the United Nations – to have a settled and civilized world, in which economic justice and righteousness will prevail - can be fulfilled, with all of us working together in unison."

from the UNITED NATIONS website:

Committee on Non-Governmental Organizations Recommends ...
... Institute of Noahide Code—7 Laws for 70 Nations — a national organization in the
United States which encourages the practice of the Seven Laws of Noah ...
[SIZE=-1]www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2010/ecosoc6424.doc.htm[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] - 32k[/SIZE]
GROUP HAS STATUS WITH ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL COUNCIL RECLASSIFIED AS ...
... Institute of Noahide Code – 7 Laws for 70 Nations, a national organization based
in the United States that follows the teachings of Lubavitcher Rabbi MM ...
[SIZE=-1]www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2009/ecosoc6392.doc.htm[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] - 22k[/SIZE]

Go to the site and then do a CTRL F search for noahide. It's well hidden in all the waffle.

Heres a quote:

Institute of Noahide Code—7 Laws for 70 Nations — a national organization in the United States which encourages the practice of the Seven Laws of Noah, according to the teachings of Rabbi M. M. Schneerson — after Cuba asked about its position on defamation of religions and the endorsement of the Noahide laws by the United States Congress. Egypt asked about the NGO’s sustainability, relevance to the Economic and Social Council and whether it had considered seeking consultative status with UNESCO;
Are we at least allowed to say the U.N. recognize the laws>? Pretty please?

Upvote 0

Dr.Strangelove

Sep 4, 2010
✟1,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a mistake to address this thread at any level. There will never be a worldwide persecution of Christians, because this view is based on a faulty reading of Revelation; it is a view that projects and displaces conservative aggression.

Hi Kat.

How about evidence outside of Revelation that points to persecution for Christians?

5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for
theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
10:30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and
brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with
persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
21:12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and
persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into
prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name’s sake.

15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater
than his Lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute
you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name’s sake,
because they know not him that sent me.
Just a sample of many.

Lets be prepared just in case eh? We have tough times ahead.​

Upvote 0
C

child of Jesus

Indeed. I'm not scared of the Noahide Laws. I just want people to be aware of them. And ready to reject them. Even in the face of persecution.

Glad you are commited to the truth. Lets get to the bottom of this.

So, you never got back to me regarding my questions:

Is there persecution coming for Christians?

Is the idea of being delivered up to religious courts still absurd in your opinion?

(you might wanna edit your double post by the way #51, taking up a lot of space)

Doc. :wave:

hi Doc.
far, far more important than physical death is spiritual death.

falling away from The Gospel and the True Word of God (and thereby not believing God at all) and returning to Mosaic Law for justification and righteousness before God, or some other perversion of it = spiritual death.

at least that's my reading of it.

there is a reason Paul stressed what he did to the Galatians, and the writer of the book TO THE HEBREWS says this:

Hebrews 6
1Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2and of instruction about washings,a the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. 3And this we will do if God permits. 4For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt. 7For land that has drunk the rain that often falls on it, and produces a crop useful to those for whose sake it is cultivated, receives a blessing from God. 8But if it bears thorns and thistles, it is worthless and near to being cursed, and its end is to be burned.

Upvote 0
C

child of Jesus

Fair enough. I'll show you evidence that 911 happened and you show me evidence that the UN, by GA resolution, has decided to enforce, or even recognize, Noahide law.

hi!
i don't need evidence that 9-11 happened.
i saw it happen, and i know who did it...i knew at the time.

i have also watched this Noahide thing unfold (i saw the Sanhedrin announced in '04), and i know who is doing it.:wave:

let's work together on this.

if we decide it doesn't matter, we'll be on our way.

Reactions: Son of Israel
Upvote 0

Kaitlin08

Dec 4, 2010
✟8,896.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi Kat.
15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name’s sake,
because they know not him that sent me.
Just a sample of many.​

It may be hard to accept that there are a variety of things in the Bible that have absolutely no relevance to Christians today, but it is with this acceptance that the veil is removed and the shining of Christ is evident in the person. Notice the word synagogue in the verse you quoted; what Jesus said to his immediate disciples had no relevance for even the Christians in the second generation who would live outside Judea.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

child of Jesus

It's a mistake to address this thread at any level. There will never be a worldwide persecution of Christians, because this view is based on a faulty reading of Revelation; it is a view that projects and displaces conservative aggression.

:wave:
you won't be addressing the thread then?

if Jesus ends this world tomorrow, this won't matter.

if He doesn't, this agenda IS GOING FORWARD.

Upvote 0

Dr.Strangelove

Sep 4, 2010
✟1,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It may be hard to accept that there are a variety of things in the Bible that have absolutely no relevance to Christians today, but it is with this acceptance that the veil is removed and the shining of Christ is evident in the person. Notice the word synagogue in the verse you quoted; what Jesus said to his immediate disciples had no relevance for even the Christians in the second generation who would live outside Judea.

So there arn't like, a gazillion synagogues all over the world??

Just how much of scripture do you want to toss as not relevant to Christians today?

I'll keep the whole lot thanks. :doh:

Upvote 0
C

child of Jesus

1 June 2010
unlogo_blue_sml_en.jpg

Economic and Social Council
ECOSOC/6424
NGO/696

Institute of Noahide Code—7 Laws for 70 Nations — a national organization in the United States which encourages the practice of the Seven Laws of Noah, according to the teachings of Rabbi M. M. Schneerson — after Cuba asked about its position on defamation of religions and the endorsement of the Noahide laws by the United States Congress. Egypt asked about the NGO’s sustainability, relevance to the Economic and Social Council and whether it had considered seeking consultative status with UNESCO;

Committee on Non-Governmental Organizations Recommends Consultative Status for 5 Groups, Postpones Consideration of 43 Applications

~

REALITY?
YES OR NO?

Upvote 0

Kaitlin08

Dec 4, 2010
✟8,896.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Democrat
So there arn't like, a gazillion synagogues all over the world??

2000 years later there are, but if we are going to play so fast and loose with what Jesus said in that verse, then it can be made to mean anything a one wants it to mean. If you believe in the importance of authorial intent, then this is an example of the kind of sacrifice of relevance a person has to make when reading the Bible.

Just how much of scripture do you want to toss as not relevant to Christians today?

I'll keep the whole lot thanks.
doh.gif

If a person were to remember everything about his or her own life, then it would not be possible to make any decisions (out of fear) and it would become impossible for that person to evaluate the character of his or her life. Weighing is made, memory is made, much as the voices in the Bible speak over one another, or are made by God to be silent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
C

child of Jesus

Let's just get a few facts out of the way.

Because, as it stands, the conclusions drawn do not follow the objective and actual information we have, but is instead on the same level as those who claim a cabal of international Jewish bankers (blah blah blah).

-CryptoLutheran

hi Crypto.

i state categorically here one time, then REFUSE to engage in this dialectic again on this thread:

in The Bible God describes mankind using two words/names:

Israelites (jews) and Gentiles (nations).

God created men.
God is not antisemitic, nor does He hate gentiles.

the bad guys are and always have been wicked men from both groups = all mankind.

there's NOTHING NEW under the sun.

we have bad guys from both groups claiming to be the other. i've got no interest in 'genetics': i am looking AT FRUIT.

you can do this dialectic til' the cows some home, i refuse.

~ done on this issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
C

child of Jesus

i like shmuley just fine.
i have watched and listened to him for a number of years.
this isn't about him.

and this isn't about his not knowing Jesus.

this is about:

what is he saying?

what is this about Noachides?

is this stuff even legitimized by Moses & The Prophets?

jplogo.gif

For a confederation of Noachides

SHMULEY BOTEACH, THE JERUSALEM POST Oct. 11, 2005

...And yet, there is something that I have learned from the many debates that I have conducted with leading Christian thinkers around the world. In the debates, there is always a group of people who feel uncomfortable with what they see as Christianity?s compromises and accommodations with paganism. The idea of a man as God does not appeal to them. They are likewise put off by the pagan overtones of God conceiving a child with a woman, and they are positively cold to the Christian idea of original sin and how we are all born guilty before being innocent. Finally, they believe in personal accountability, so that the idea of a redeemer shedding his blood in order to purge them of sin does not accord with their personal values.

It is to those people whom I believe we should be offering Judaism as a pure monotheistic alternative and actively promote the Torah to them as the word of God that may light their nascent spiritual fire. Should they not wish to become fully Jewish, because they are equally unexcited by Judaism?s exacting demands of ritual observance, we should be creating a Jewish confederation of Noachides, as the Bible calls them, men and women who identify with Jewish spirituality and Jewish values but without the ritual observances.

In effect, these people would be adopting the Torah?s norms without converting to Judaism. Already, there are whole Christian congregations that have removed the cross and steeple and transformed themselves into Noachide communities who reject the deification of Jesus, observe the Sabbath on Saturday rather than Sunday, study the Torah for its general prescriptions of a spiritual life, but do not embrace all the rituals of biblical law.

Indeed, in my travels I have encountered many such former Christians who have created communities where they have Friday night Shabbat meals, observe all the Jewish festivals, study the Torah in Hebrew, and have a staunch love of Israel. They call themselves either Noachides, or non-Jewish Jews....

Rabbi Shmuley - Articles

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I've read this about half of this thread, and it sounds very interesting.

I have one question for you all at this point. And it is two-fold. The UN is made up of many many Muslim nations. One, don't you think they would pose a huge oposition to this within the UN? And second, the Muslims are actively seeking implimentation of Sharia law around the world as well. Through the UN. Have you all forgotten about the Muslim population represented within the UN?

I can not imagine a Muslim accepting the Sanhedren as authoritive. Sure the root is the same, but they are Esav and Yismael. And they have yet to be reconciled together.

Your fearing Judaism is going to rule the world is funny to me. No offense intended. Because I've always been more atuned to the rise of Islam in the UN.

Point of my question I guess is, how do you explain the existance of Islam in all this? The denial of the deity of Yeshua is in their favor, but how can you see them siding with Chasidic/Noahide Judaism?

Upvote 0
C

child of Jesus

source:
Masonicpaedia.org

3. The historical evidence available regarding the origin of the Degree of Royal Ark Mariners is meager and hence, the precise origin of the degree is not known with certainty. Most of the theories in this regard appear to be conjectures and surmises. The legend of Noah, his sons, the Ark and the Deluge were enacted in the Mystery Plays of the seventeenth century, which was a major entertainment with a religious tinge. The catechisms in many of the early Masonic rituals contained references to the legend of Noah. There was a degree known as the Degree of Noachites or Prussian Knights in the 1750s, whose rituals referred to Noah, but was not in anyway connected with Royal Ark Masonry. Masonic historians have opined that unlike the Craft, this degree was not worked from time immemorial, but that, the degree is 2 or 3 centuries old.

Welcome to MasonicPaedia.Org

~ i could care less about WHO is involved in the above. i all care about is, is it connected to the following?

~ if so, we are not merely dealing with a tiny fanatical fringe element of a visible religion, we are dealing something much bigger, more secretive, and possibly much older.

UN NGO Reps Pledge to Follow Noahide Laws

By David Yisraeli

2011-01-04 -- WDC Media News --
(Religion)

24 Tevet 5771 (31.12.2010) -- A conference advocating for the acceptance and adherence to the Noahide Laws was held on December 22, 2010.

The event's title was “Unity, Youth and World Peace”. Presenters included Mr. Joop Theunissen from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), and Rabbi Yakov D. Cohen of the Institute of Noahide Code, who opened and moderated the conference.

More than 90 people attended this important event, many of whom expressed an interest in continuing this work.

Mr Joop Theunissen Deputy Chief of the NGO branch of ECOSOC signed a proclamation pledging to keep the Laws of Noah.

"Their observance is required, so that the vision of the United Nations – to have a settled and civilized world, in which economic justice and righteousness will prevail - can be fulfilled, with all of us working together in unison."

Noahide Code Rabbi Yakov Cohen said, "Especially now in these turbulent times, when so many people everywhere feel pressured and unsettled as a result of the global financial crisis, it is more important than ever to focus on the most important part of life: the spiritual integrity of human beings before G-d and the desire of the Creator to bestow all blessings on humanity through the full and complete redemption. At the same time, for the sake of children and youth around the world, it is critical that the representatives of the nations affirm and commit publicly to the basic premise, that people respect the very core fabric of life given by the Creator, which the Seven Universal Laws of Noah represent.

Upvote 0