Alarmism on Exceptional Weather Upheavals may affect US Election turnout + Result ?!

Galaxy

Apr 18, 2005
✟261.00
Faith
Christian
Alarmism on Exceptional Weather Upheavals may affect US Election turnout + Result ?!

Don't like these Alarmist reports on Exceptional Weather Perturbations in Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, etc :

=> It's certainly due to OBSTRUCT VOTERS for "Super Tuesday"'s US Presidential Election's most important day, targetting particularly 2 States (Mo + TN) where Huckabee's initial lead depends on the turnout of a few hundredrs voters, hitting mostly Rural Areas, precisely there where Value-motivated Honest Simple People are usually located...

It reminds of the Exceptional Rains and Snow-storms which had targetted the Upper part of South Carolina, (where Huck had focused, while Local Authorities claimed that they had no means to get the snow out of the blocked streets...), the same day that Huckabee, a long-time Front-runner, was unexpectedly overrun by McCain with a narrow tiny difference of only 1%...

SC's unexpected outcome had a decisive impact on the overall trend of GOP primaries, changing the 1st place from Huckabee to McCain.

Now, at least Missouri's final results might be the most blatant example of last-minute abnormal distortion provoked during alarmism about such exceptional weather phenomena.

Surprisingly, it's also a Fact that those Alarmist Weather Forecasts stopped, all out of a sudden, exactly when Poll Stations were closing : A little before 8 pm. !..

See, f.ex. :
http://christianforums.com/t6832180...n-ky-southern-il-or-southern-in-heads-up.html
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1965652/posts
http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=Newsroom.PressRelease&ID=599
http://www.usatoday.com/weather/storms/tornadoes/2008-02-05-south-storms_N.htm

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I realize there is nothing more important to you than electing Mike Huckabee President, but just for the record: we've had 49 confirmed tornadoes today; and as I write this (11:30 pm CST) and there are still ten active tornado warnings — and as incredible as I know this will sound to you, I'll just bet you that those warnings were not issued by members of the Severe Storms Forecasting Center in Norman, Oklahoma who were Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton supporters to keep Republicans from voting.

For your information: there are ten confirmed fatalities in Arkansas, Tennessee and Kentucky; the Memphis Airport took a direct hit; and the town of Jackson, Tennessee was severely damaged by a long-tracked, violent tornado — again, probably NOT cast upon the city by Mitt Romney, John McCain or Ron Paul supporters to keep Mike Huckabee voters from voting.

Here's a clue, pal: as a meteorologist, if I have to scream bloody murder to get people to act — getting into an interior room, out of a mobile home and into a storm shelter, going to a basement and getting under strong furniture to protect themselves during a tornado emergency — I will scream bloody murder EVEN IF the Republicans are having primary elections; EVEN IF the Superbowl is on and the game is in the last five minutes; EVEN IF a Republican President is giving the State of the Union speech; and EVEN IF it means I have to figure out a way to take control of every single computer of every single users in the path of a tornado* if it means getting those people to take action which will save their lives.

Have I made myself perfectly clear?

*which I haven't yet figured out how to do, but if I could do it to send a message to people in the path of a tornado to shut down their computers and take cover, I would — in a heartbeat!

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Since these weather reports are based on REAL weather (and still going on hours after the polls are closed), I think the only logical conclusion is that God is voting for McCain. ;)
Or Obama. Either way, a populist candidate more or less.

Maybe he wants change too. Get some appreciation for his day job. He does, technically, count as a person, if you believe in him. ;)

Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Since these weather reports are based on REAL weather (and still going on hours after the polls are closed), I think the only logical conclusion is that God is voting for McCain. ;)
It's worth noting that they struck immediately after the states were called for Clinton. Clearly, God was disappointed that his chosen candidate wasn't favored by Tennessee.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Or Obama. Either way, a populist candidate more or less.

Maybe he wants change too. Get some appreciation for his day job. He does, technically, count as a person, if you believe in him. ;)

It's worth noting that they struck immediately after the states were called for Clinton. Clearly, God was disappointed that his chosen candidate wasn't favored by Tennessee.

Since the poster I responded to was concerned with the Republican primaries, that is why I mentioned McCain. So, apparently God wants to see McCain vs. Obama in the general election. Glad we got that cleared up. :D

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Since the poster I responded to was concerned with the Republican primaries, that is why I mentioned McCain. So, apparently God wants to see McCain vs. Obama in the general election. Glad we got that cleared up. :D
Well, maybe it's just Clinton.

Remember, Pat claimed Huckabee was too populist for his tastes. Then again, for Pat, anyone who isn't for worshipping the rich is probably a John Edwards. lol.

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Surprisingly, it's also a Fact that those Alarmist Weather Forecasts stopped, all out of a sudden, exactly when Poll Stations were closing : A little before 8 pm. !..

This statement is filled with fail.

If the alarms stopped exactly when poll stations were closing, it would be exactly 8pm. Can you give us an exact time that this supposedly happened and actually back it up with some reality?

My guess is not.

You are trading intellectual honesty for political points.

That makes it hard to trust anything you say about your favored candidate and probably reflects poorly on him.

From your own link

* TORNADO WARNING FOR... SOUTHEASTERN CARROLL COUNTY IN NORTHWEST TENNESSEE...
* UNTIL 1115 PM CST

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
http://www.usatoday.com/weather/storms/tornadoes/2008-02-05-south-storms_N.htm

t-topper.jpg
clear.gif

A funnel cloud of the tornado that touched down in Atkins, Ark., is seen at about 5 p.m. on Tuesday.

By Mike Avery, The Courier/AP
clear.gif

44 dead as tornadoes rip across South
clear.gif

By Nikki Boertman, The Commercial Appeal
clear.gif

The collapsed wall of a Sears store in Hickory Ridge Mall in Memphis on Tuesday after severe weather passed through the area.

By Andrew McMurtrie, The Jackson Sun/AP
clear.gif

Rescue personnel attempt to move large sections of a wall to uncover trapped Union University students in the Watter Commons Dormitory.

LAFAYETTE, Tenn. (AP) — Crews went door-to-door Wednesday searching debris for more victims of deadly tornadoes that ripped the roof off a shopping mall, pummeled mobile homes and blew apart warehouses as they tore across four states. At least 44 people were killed throughout the South.

----------==========**********O**********==========----------

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1965652/posts

[SIZE=+1]Updated: New Tornado Warning in Alabama #94 (Tornado Warning TN,MS,Ky)[/SIZE]
National Weather Service ^ | Feb 5, 2008 | not specified

Posted on 02/05/2008 8:45:19 PM PST by RDTF

TORNADO WARNING LAC035-MSC055-125-060530- /O.NEW.KJAN.TO.W.0044.080206T0439Z-080206T0530Z/
BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED TORNADO WARNING NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE JACKSON MS 1039 PM CST TUE FEB 5 2008
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN JACKSON HAS ISSUED A
* TORNADO WARNING FOR... NORTHEASTERN EAST CARROLL PARISH IN NORTHEAST LOUISIANA...
-snip-
TORNADO WARNING TNC017-060515- /O.NEW.KMEG.TO.W.0065.080206T0439Z-080206T0515Z/
BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED TORNADO WARNING NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MEMPHIS TN 1039 PM CST TUE FEB 5 2008
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MEMPHIS HAS ISSUED A
* TORNADO WARNING FOR... SOUTHEASTERN CARROLL COUNTY IN NORTHWEST TENNESSEE...
* UNTIL 1115 PM CST
-snip-
SEVERE WEATHER STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LOUISVILLE KY 1134 PM EST TUE FEB 5 2008
INC025-061-KYC163-060445- /O.CON.KLMK.TO.W.0015.000000T0000Z-080206T0445Z/ CRAWFORD IN-HARRISON IN-MEADE KY- 1134 PM EST TUE FEB 5 2008
...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1145 PM EST FOR NORTHERN MEADE...WESTERN HARRISON AND EASTERN CRAWFORD COUNTIES...
-snip-
TORNADO WARNING INC019-043-061-175-060500- /O.NEW.KLMK.TO.W.0017.080206T0433Z-080206T0500Z/
BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED TORNADO WARNING NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LOUISVILLE KY 1133 PM EST TUE FEB 5 2008
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LOUISVILLE HAS ISSUED A
* TORNADO WARNING FOR... WESTERN CLARK COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA... NORTHWESTERN FLOYD COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA... NORTHWESTERN HARRISON COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA... SOUTHEASTERN WASHINGTON COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA...
* UNTIL MIDNIGHT EST...
-snip-

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=Newsroom.PressRelease&ID=599
News Release: Mike Huckabee Offers His Condolences After Deadly Tornadoes Rip Through Arkansas

February 05, 2008

Little Rock, AR - Former Arkansas Governor and Presidential Candidate Mike Huckabee has issued the following comment in response to the tragic deaths as a result of severe weather in Arkansas:
"The news of these deadly tornadoes bring back many memories of dealing with numerous tornadoes during my tenure as Governor, and Janet and I know all too well the horrors faced by those in a tornado's path. While we hope tonight is a time for us to celebrate election results, we are reminded that nothing is as important as the lives of these fellow Arkansans, and our hearts go out to their families."

:sigh: :( :sick:

Upvote 0

3girls2dogs

Catholic
Aug 15, 2005
Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually, FreeRepublic has always been really good about posting weather alerts. I don't know why that would be cited as alarmist, it looks like any other update I have seen. I admit I am a member of FreeRepublic, and they can get a bit whacky, but this stuff they take seriously.

My prayers are with those in the areas hit. I spent 3 months in Oklahoma during tornado season. We never got hit, but had a few warnings, and God bless those who live in those areas, because I was scared out of my wits.

Upvote 0