Again, the entire debate between Catholcism and Protestantism hinges upon salvation

Bob Jones Student

Jul 14, 2008
✟366.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I plead with Catholics... the entire debate between us hinges upon salvation alone. Sure there are secondary matters, but this is the key thing...

You think it's evil that we preach salvation by faith alone, but that's what is biblical. When a person is saved they'll produce good works, but you don't do good works to become saved.

Infant baptism isn't needed for salvation, God has to open the heart first, and after you're saved, you must be baptized only to show you're faith.

Please reject the false doctrines of Roman Catholicism, look to the Lord alone to save you, and be saved, then reach out to those that are still holding to the false doctrines.

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I plead with Catholics... the entire debate between us hinges upon salvation alone. Sure there are secondary matters, but this is the key thing...

You think it's evil that we preach salvation by faith alone, but that's what is biblical. When a person is saved they'll produce good works, but you don't do good works to become saved.

Infant baptism isn't needed for salvation, God has to open the heart first, and after you're saved, you must be baptized only to show you're faith.

Please reject the false doctrines of Roman Catholicism, look to the Lord alone to save you, and be saved, then reach out to those that are still holding to the false doctrines.

Argument by bare assertion = fail.

Reactions: Catherineanne
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,307.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

Good post, as I tried to explain to a dear brother here, the "but's", "not's", and "aparts", spell faith alone.:)

Rom 3:28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law

Look how we get alone, if we take out apart.

28 For we hold that one is justified by faith from works of the law

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,307.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

christianmomof3

pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I have no idea what the purpose of that was.
I don't know Latin and I have no idea what the stuff in the snow at the end was about.
What is the significance of that video to this thread?

The Salve Regina? I just thought it would balance the angry initiation of this thread.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

boswd

Jan 2, 2008
✟6,566.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Actually I think the whole debate hinges on wherther you believe Good Works are automatic once you come to the Faith in Christ or do you believe we still have a conscience responsbility to do good works even after you come to the Faith.

If you believe they come automatically, then why is scripture constantly telling us to do good works and warns us if we don't. why the warnings?

Why doesn't scripture say, once you come to the Faith in Christ as your Savior then the Holy Spirit will take over and do all and every good work for you. Don't worry we'll take it from here.

what I don't understand is why do Evangelicals have this facsination of separating good works from our faith in Christ as opposed
to the belief that Good Works are part of our Faith.

Upvote 0

christianmomof3

pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Salve Regina? I just thought it would balance the angry initiation of this thread.
oh.
why would it?
what does it mean?
is there some meaning to it that is significant?
or is it just supposed to because it is calm music?
It is kind of pretty, but rather slow, and since I have no idea what it means, it has no significance to me, which is why I asked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
oh.
why would it?
what does it mean?
is there some meaning to it that is significant?

It means "Hail, Queen".

or is it just supposed to because it is calm music?
It is kind of pretty, but rather slow, and since I have no idea what it means, it has no significance to me, which is why I asked.

Yeah, I pretty much picked it because it sounds nice. ;)

Usually I post Youtube with some nefarious, subtle point but not this time.

Upvote 0

christianmomof3

pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually I think the whole debate hinges on wherther you believe Good Works are automatic once you come to the Faith in Christ or do you believe we still have a conscience responsbility to do good works.

If you believe they come automatically, then why is scripture constantly telling us to do good works and warns us if we don't. why the warnings?

Why doesn't scripture say, once you come to the Faith in Christ as your Savior then the Holy spirti will take over and do all and every good work for you. Don't worry we'll take it from here.
Scripture tells us to pursue Christ and to always rejoice, unceasingly pray, in everything give thanks.
Scripture tells us to love the Lord with all of our heart, soul and might.
Scripture tells us to love one another.
If we do those things, we really don't need to worry about "works".

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
no Blu ray?:)

Not yet, doesn't look like. :sorry:

The publisher isn't the largest multimedia corporation on Earth, they probably can't afford it at this point. And Into Great Silence, while highly critically acclaimed, isn't exactly mainstream entertainment.

Upvote 0