Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Michigan
✟16,089.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
(Sorry if this is posted already, I didn't see it.)

These guys from Australia are now advocating for after-birth abortions because infants are the same thing as fetuses and are only "potential" life.

This is where the pro-choice mentality gets us. I'm absolute sick right now.

Apr 11, 2011
✟2,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
(Sorry if this is posted already, I didn't see it.)

These guys from Australia are now advocating for after-birth abortions because infants are the same thing as fetuses and are only "potential" life.

This is where the pro-choice mentality gets us. I'm absolute sick right now.
Pro-Abortion people in America believe this way, too.

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2011
✟2,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Eventually they're going to legalize murder by calling it "after birth abortion."
They have already done this. They did this with Terri Schiavo. The courts decided that they would kill her by denying her food and water. By fighting to save her, Pro-Lifers proved that we are not just for protecting the life of an pre-born child, we are for protecting all innocent human life. By contrast, all the so-called "Pro-Choice" people proved that they are actually Pro-Death since they all called for her death. Being Pro-Life means protecting the least among us. It means protecting the innocent lives of those of us who don't have a voice to speak for themselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Pro-Abortion people in America believe this way, too.

Actually, no. Some are very panicky if the baby is out of the wound and is alive and kicking, especially if it's healthy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Isn't this thing just two screwy ethicists from Australia? There are always going to be very bizarre fringe people in any group. Generalizing the opinions of two people to an entire political demographic as if the vast majority of them didn't agree that such logic was revolting is somewhat disingenuous.

Upvote 0

SemperFidelis

Mean, angry Traditionalist
Jul 30, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
✟9,082.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Isn't this thing just two screwy ethicists from Australia? There are always going to be very bizarre fringe people in any group. Generalizing the opinions of two people to an entire political demographic as if the vast majority of them didn't agree that such logic was revolting is somewhat disingenuous.

From what I've heard it's actually already legal in Holland for a doctor to give a lethal injection to a disabled newborn at the parents request, so no, it's not just a few screwballs.

Secondly, the problem is that people like these are actually getting published. In a decent society, their article would be treated in exactly the same way as an article saying that rape was acceptable. A big part of the problem is that people no longer have a sense that some things are just plain wrong and shouldn't even be entertained as an idea. Ever. By anyone.

:crossrc:
Steve

Upvote 0

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
From what I've heard it's actually already legal in Holland for a doctor to give a lethal injection to a disabled newborn at the parents request, so no, it's not just a few screwballs.

Secondly, the problem is that people like these are actually getting published. In a decent society, their article would be treated in exactly the same way as an article saying that rape was acceptable. A big part of the problem is that people no longer have a sense that some things are just plain wrong and shouldn't even be entertained as an idea. Ever. By anyone.

Steve

"Some people no longer have a sense that some things are just plain wrong"... Most of us recognize that this is insane. I can't comment on the journalistic quality of The Blaze. Never heard of it before, but I agree with what you say about publishing standards. Just yesterday I sent Fox an angry email because they published an absolutely repulsive opinion piece on the Chardon High School shooting just hours after it happened. It was sickening! :cry:

Upvote 0

SemperFidelis

Mean, angry Traditionalist
Jul 30, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
✟9,082.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
"Some people no longer have a sense that some things are just plain wrong"... Most of us recognize that this is insane. I can't comment on the journalistic quality of The Blaze. Never heard of it before, but I agree with what you say about publishing standards. Just yesterday I sent Fox an angry email because they published an absolutely repulsive opinion piece on the Chardon High School shooting just hours after it happened. It was sickening! :cry:

Fair point.

Also, for those of you who think this is just an insane hypothetical, read this link (and yes, I cringe at posting a wikipedia link, but it gives a fair idea of the situation in Holland)

Groningen Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Steve

Upvote 0

Assisi

not a sissy
Sep 7, 2006
Sydney
✟14,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Incariol said:

This opinion was published in an academic article in a medical ethics journal, journals are peer reviewed. I have no opinion on 'The Blaze' though...

As for how prevalent this opinion is, I don't think it will get far. It seems to me that most Australians are pro-choice up to a point. In all states but one, abortion is illegal after 14 weeks and as far as I know isn't 'on demand'. It's hard to imagine that changing into abortion being permissible after birth very quickly.

Upvote 0