Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NaAsThIk said:
.long live afro asian solidarity!
Forgive me, but when has there ever been "afro asian solidarity"? Based on the experiences of a good many of my friends and kinfolk, the closest encounters between Asians and African-Americans all too often come when they point guns at one another. That sort of thing doesn't really encourage a lot of fellow-feeling, does it?

feel proud for being a part of rich culture of africa and asia!
No problem there. I'm as proud of both my Asian and white Southern forebears.

Upvote 0

BeautyForAshes

Senior Veteran
Sep 19, 2004
Kansas
✟20,736.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't think he is literally speaking of Asians and African Americans (in the US) but of coordinated effort of 28 African and Asian countries (ie Nigeria, Malaysia, etc.) that have bound together fight things such as poverty, war, etc.

Plus, that website ends in .tk

Upvote 0

indianx

Veteran
May 30, 2005
✟9,418.00
Faith
Hindu
The only time period where a coordinated effort or partnership between African countries and Asian countries could have really flowered was during the 1960s when the OAU in Africa and the OAAU (El-hajj malik el-shabazz) in America where reaching across to China, India, and other Asian nations in hopes to create a bloc in the U.N. Well, we know how that turned out, still, some thing could happen.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Jipsah said:
No problem there. I'm as proud of both my Asian and white Southern forebears.

As a kid, I was embarassed by my Asian looks. BTW, I am half-Vietnamese & half-white. I got ask where I am from which people would think I talk the language or have an accent. But I wished though people would ask What is your nationality. Because to me, that is more appropriate though people are different. I have now as an adult embraced my being the way I am.
Because you know more than you used to. And you kind of grow with it.

Upvote 0