Advice To the Opposite Sex

Beauty4Ashes

All that I need, is a song in my heart. . .
Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟28,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I saw this thread in singles and stole the idea from there.

what advice would you give to the opposite sex? this can be anything about how they handle life or communicate or more specifically in regards to how they relate to the opposite sex.

Reactions: Maka

Beauty4Ashes

Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟28,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Men - respect all women regardless of their age or maturity. Women want to feel protected, even if they don't openly admit it. As beauty4ashes said, treat her as you would expect a guy to treat your daughter.

yes this is good advice and very true

Upvote 0

Beauty4Ashes

Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟28,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Men - be assertive, not pushy or bossy and know how to back off when a woman does not appear interested but don't be afraid to make decisions, initiate, and make your beliefs known. this is not only attractive but I believe how God designed men to be :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Women: appreciate your men and acknowledge them. Thank them for helping around the house or for taking time out of their day to do something with you. We need encouragement and recognition from time to time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ladies,

Good communication is absolutely necessary for it to work.

Also,

There is such a thing as too much communication. We men (or, at least me) have word intake limit. Although I couldn't tell you what number that is, exactly, I can tell you that once it's reached I'll be nodding my head and saying "mmm" and "uh huh" and "ok" but only because I don't want to be rude and I'm only half listening.

So when I forget about the dinner date we had with X family or that I was supposed to pick up such and such and claim that you never told me that - it's probably because my word intake limit had been reached when you told me and it flew out of my brain as fast as it came in, and into the ether.

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ladies,

Good communication is absolutely necessary for it to work.

Also,

There is such a thing as too much communication. We men (or, at least me) have word intake limit. Although I couldn't tell you what number that is, exactly, I can tell you that once it's reached I'll be nodding my head and saying "mmm" and "uh huh" and "ok" but only because I don't want to be rude and I'm only half listening.

So when I forget about the dinner date we had with X family or that I was supposed to pick up such and such and claim that you never told me that - it's probably because my word intake limit had been reached when you told me and it flew out of my brain as fast as it came in, and into the ether.

You're not a baby, you're an adult. So if you possess such a problem, 'good communication' would be holding up your hand to stop your S.O. from talking and kindly tell her that you've reached your limit and anything more she says is simply not computing. You don't allow her to ramble on thinking you're understanding the instructions she's giving you when really you are not. So if you do forget about the dinner with 'X family' or forget to pick up a certain item at the store, that would be your fault...not hers. So again, 'communicate' with your wife/girlfriend that you have this particular problem and then she'll be aware of it and know to give you a call/text at a certain time to remind you of that dinner or about that quick stop to the store.

It's not rocket science, bub.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
You're not a baby, you're an adult. So if you possess such a problem, 'good communication' would be holding up your hand to stop your S.O. from talking and kindly tell her that you've reached your limit and anything more she says is simply not computing. You don't allow her to ramble on thinking you're understanding the instructions she's giving you when really you are not. So if you do forget about the dinner with 'X family' or forget to pick up a certain item at the store, that would your fault...not hers. So again, 'communicate' with your wife/girlfriend that you have this particular problem and then she'll be aware of it and know to give you a call/text at a certain time to remind you of that dinner or about that quick stop to the store.

It's not rocket science, bub.

*Chuckle* Geez... lol...where is my shield?

:doh:

Reactions: Tink
Upvote 0