Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
OK, please do not post if you don't have any BIBLICAL Advice. i.e from the BIBLE, the book we christians read.

I just want to stipulate that in my thread because everyone has an OPINION but that is not biblical advice.

Also I have said that the son has some financial issues. So he would not be able to move before he sorts those out. And plus there are not many places available to move to, for a single person in my town, and I have told the mother this. I was pretty forthright in saying that she shouldn't complain about him being at home because he's got nowhere to move to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am tired of people complaining to me about stuff I can't do anything about.
Maybe God made you a good listener for a reason?
And its not up to ME to tell him as he doesn't even talk to me. I just feel disturbed and uncomfortable around her when she brings up this topic and like she's judging me for living at home with my folks as well, like she will say to me 'did you think about moving out when you were away on holiday'? And so I said no, which was the truth, I thought no more about it. I was having too much fun. Why would I think about it anyway? I haven't made any plans to, haven't bought a house, signed a tenancy agreement, found a job in another town, so why would I????
Ahh...I kinda' wondered about this. You sounded too stressed over it yourself. I wouldn't worry about your situation or even compare the two, they are very different. It's not her place to judge you, if she is. Besides you said your mom would tell you if she wanted you to move and she hasn't. So there you go, no worries.
She ought to go on a sabbatical, go travelling on her own for a year or two, and then he can have the house and look after it while she's away. And then decide what to do with it then, he might have a taste of truly independent responsible bill paying living for a year and then might want his own place or have it fixed up ready to sell. She's much too stressed I think living there.
And he might not do dittlie squat. Sounds to me like he needs to get a job and do the boats on the side. If people don't pay then it isn't lucrative work. We can do all kinds of mights and all kinds of she shoulds and it doesn't mean anything. What does matter is what she wants, it's her house not his. He may need to take care of himself.

Not all Americans think their kids are just going to leave after they graduate but many kids do. They are happy to get into their own places even if they have roommates to share the expenses. More kids are moving back home too since the economy got so bad. They are getting out of college and cannot find jobs that pay enough to support themselves and pay off their school loans.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OK, please do not post if you don't have any BIBLICAL Advice.

I just want to stipulate that in my thread because everyone has an OPINION but that is not biblical advice.
Prayer with her.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
ok maybe another one on one prayer session and get answers from the Lord together.

btw we are not americans. So whatever the housing or cultural situation is in your country, is not the same here. However, I agree that, his business is not the one to be in right now. It is really stressing out his mother.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
having said that the economy is bad everywhere. we all have to live together and families do stick together whether they like it or not. For the most part. Its not like everyone can have their own separate house and separate land or we would all be living in one bedroom houses.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was thinking...maybe I ought to invite her over to my house one day when my parents aren't around to have a prayer session with her. The thing is with the church she goes to, they do have prayer in the mornings on tuesdays at the church but she hasn't been going to that as she's working (shes a hairdresser by trade, so does in-home hairdressing visits) and started hosting a group on the tuesday evening at her house.

But I haven't been able to get to the group as my tuesday evenings I want to keep free when my dad's home and also another friend often wants to spend time with me. Plus I go on Mondays as well to a group.

I go to a different church now. her church I think doesn't have the fellowship or more importantly the prayer support that my church has. For example, there's no opportunity for private prayer during their church service, but we have it available in my church with the elders.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I hope she got her needs prayed for as plenty of other ppl go to her group so not sure why shes dumping all her burdens on my shoulders.

I really dont know why she picks on me. But its ok.
i dont think will invite her over though as i just think she needs to change her attitude toward her son. Im just very disturbed by it its like a mum who cant just be honest with him. I think it has something to do with her deceased spouse, his dad. Really. I dont think he was saved cos she said he was cremated and the ashes got dumped somewhere.
I know that christians believing in the resurrection bury their dead and if they are spouse they want to be buried next to them. So that maybe why shes acting like she wants to be rid of him and live by herself.

Anyway I will leave it with God to sort out as its not my drama and I dont know her son, and God knows her heart..and only He can give her the peace she craves.

Upvote 0