Advice on Finding a christian Wife for Marriage

bigo1984

Nov 2, 2014
✟9,268.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello brothers and sisters in Christ. Long time lurker here but my first Post. I would like to start off by telling you all my testimony. I'll keep it brief. So in my teenage years and early 20s I followed the crowd. I partied a lot in High school and tried to fit in. My early 20s I made a ton of bad choices. I did a lot of drugs like prescription pills, I drank alcohol, slept with any and every woman I could. When I was 25 I meant a girl at a party and we started dating. We ended up having two kids. We were together about 3 years and she cheated on me with my own cousin. We ended up breaking up but I have had a relationship with my kids throught everything. I just recently got custody actually. Anyways after everything went down with her cheating we broke up. I was drawing unemployment and my brother and I were roomates. I was using a lot of drugs and taking prescription pills. It was a low point in my life. The drugs ended up making me lose my mind. I thought I seen things and I was scared to death. One day I picked up a bible and started reading. I was so convicted of my lifestyle. I just felt like I had no hope and I was destined for hellfire. I remember reading the verse in revelations that says all who thirst can come and drink freely. I felt Gods love and mercy just ingulf me. It was a life changing moment. I haven't been the same since. Mind you I have made a ton of mistakes but I have had god in my life through it all. God gave me a job helping people with disabilities and I have been at it for 2 years. Something I could never do before. I feel like I am maturing a lot all thanks to god. Recently I have had a longing for a wife. Of course I am only looking at Christian girls. I am not attending church right now but was for quite a while. I've been praying for over a year for god to send me a wife. I meant one girl who said she was Christian only to have her be wishy washy about whether she liked me or not. However A family member visited recently and mentioned a girl that has been a friend of mine on facebook for years. She is known by many in my family. She is a Christian, has been her whole life. She serves in the church and just seems great. I started talking to her and we have been talking about a week. Does anyone have any advice on where I should go from here or how I should go about finding a spouse. I really have a longing to be with a woman and share god with her in marriage. Thank you for reading my long wall of text I am not a great writer. God bless.

bigo1984

Nov 2, 2014
✟9,268.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Also I want to add that I honestly don't believe I deserve this girl or if She would even consider a relationship with me. She Grew up as a Christian and avoided the mistakes I did. She didn't have any kids out of wedlock, and my guess would be she is still a virgin waiting for marriage. So my first thoughts are I don't deserve this girl and why would she want to get with someone like me.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, then don't deceive her, but be open and honest --that would be the honorable thing to do. By the way, since I did not see any mention of the Lord Jesus Christ --only a belief in God, be sure you possess the Savior, friend, and be devoted to Him always. Look up!

Upvote 0

bigo1984

Nov 2, 2014
✟9,268.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, then don't deceive her, but be open and honest --that would be the honorable thing to do. By the way, since I did not see any mention of the Lord Jesus Christ --only a belief in God, be sure you possess the Savior, friend, and be devoted to Him always. Look up!

Thank you a belief in god without Christ would mean nothing. The only way to the father is through him.

I am prepared that she isn't the one, but if not I won't be discouraged I believe he will bring me a wife in his perfect timing. I just turned 30 and am getting up there is years for Marriage but I am sure Abrahams wife thought the same about her pregnancy.

Upvote 0

bigo1984

Nov 2, 2014
✟9,268.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Yes I have been honest she knows about my children and a told her a lot about my mistakes in the past. Great advice though.

Upvote 0

walkinginthelightnow

Jan 10, 2014
✟15,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it doesn't work out with that girl just stay away from online dating sites like plenty of fish and others..which can lead into sin. Second, I don't know why you stopped with church but I would get under a pastor and get involved with the singles ministry. Don't go to church to find a wife but to be useful. But know that God approves of light having fellowship with light. But Light and Darkness will not mix and God doesn't look upon that favorably.

Upvote 0

bigo1984

Nov 2, 2014
✟9,268.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ya I don't know if its going to work out. She is such a great person and a good Christian. She just seems to good for me. I have been talking to her for a couple weeks and I have gotten to know her. I don't know where to go from here. Should I ask her out? Should I wait? Should I just not contact her much and pray about it and see if she contacts me and makes the first move? Or Should I just forget about it and pursue others. I am not sure what to do.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ya I don't know if its going to work out. She is such a great person and a good Christian. She just seems to good for me. I have been talking to her for a couple weeks and I have gotten to know her. I don't know where to go from here. Should I ask her out? Should I wait? Should I just not contact her much and pray about it and see if she contacts me and makes the first move? Or Should I just forget about it and pursue others. I am not sure what to do.

I believe God is a matchmaker, and if this is the girl He has picked out to be your wife, I think He'll let you know somehow. Make sure you are in prayer about this heavily because you don't want to end up with the wrong person either. Our hearts will lie to us and we are all too eager to let them sometimes. I couldn't speak to how God is working this in your life, but make sure to submit the whole thing to Him and allow Him to guide you rather than making rash decisions based on how you feel. God bless!

Upvote 0