• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Advice needed

Tanya2015

Jul 11, 2015
✟7,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
thank you Madera,
yesterday something very interesting happened. My boyfriend (for the 1st time ever) started talking about a dark presence that comes upon him, when he is scared, causing him to 'switch'. We immediately prayed and it lifted. he then said 'He mocks your faith' referring to the person he becomes under the dark shadow. He said he was now more aware of this process happening.
He told the dark shadow- "I don't need you anymore- i don't need your protection" and then he prayed out loud!
I was praying throughout

This is a miracle! I really sense freedom is coming and I can feel the Lord Jesus' divine presence in this all.

Reactions: Berean34
Upvote 0

Tanya2015

Jul 11, 2015
✟7,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
yes- I agree Madera, however he has blocked most of this event out imo. The Holy spirit has been gently showing him things and allowing him to touch base with the part of himself that has dissociated from the event(s) and as he starts to become whole and 'integrate' I believe he will start to be able to deal with some pretty unpleasant stuff that he has mentally blocked.
I understand a lot of these processes as I have been through them myself.
Jesus is kind and gentle and His love is very powerful. I have been praying for more and more of this love to touch my boyfriend and turn his heart away from those areas of darkness and into the light of Christ.
Many times as people see the light of Jesus repentance for unforgiveness towards others because so much easier...

Upvote 0

madera23

May 14, 2014
✟634.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
I know your struggle, Progress will continue as long as he remains aware that it is not him causing his problem but the demon in him.
every time he forgets, remind him.
His problem started from hate. WHEN HE IS FORGIVEN THRoUGH FORGIVENESS IT WILL LEAVE..

god works miracles in His time. I have seen miracles. Love God and continue to say the Lords prayer. GOD HEARS THAT. Turn from religion to spiritual because God is spiritual
GOD BLESS BOTH OF YOU.

Stay strong.
Madera

Upvote 0

madera23

May 14, 2014
✟634.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
thank you Madera,
yesterday something very interesting happened. My boyfriend (for the 1st time ever) started talking about a dark presence that comes upon him, when he is scared, causing him to 'switch'. We immediately prayed and it lifted. he then said 'He mocks your faith' referring to the person he becomes under the dark shadow. He said he was now more aware of this process happening.
He told the dark shadow- "I don't need you anymore- i don't need your protection" and then he prayed out loud!
I was praying throughout

This is a miracle! I really sense freedom is coming and I can feel the Lord Jesus' divine presence in this all.

Upvote 0

madera23

May 14, 2014
✟634.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I am sorry to hear this. Thank you and God bless you

There are so many atheists, and no moderator, but, thought I would give it another chance.

How is it going Tanya? how is your boy friend doing?
I wish you well. Keep in touch.
Madera

Upvote 0

Berean34

May 14, 2016
USA
✟7,612.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Have your pastor and the elders of your church pray over your boyfriend. If a demon decides to make itself known to you you can pray over him yourself and say, "I bind you and rebuke you in the name of Jesus!" The demons tremble at His name and have to obey the authority Christ has given YOU to drive out demons. Your boyfriend does need to want to be delivered or appreciate being delivered and stay watchful that he fully closes and doesn't open back up/new doorways so that they come back.
We are dealing with something similar here with a family member right now and are arranging to have him prayed over by elders of the church. I pray your boyfriend is delivered from bondage and if he has an actual mental illness as well, I pray for healing in that area as well. God bless!

Upvote 0