✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Right on, I was in the Navy as well..

I suppose we differ in our views fundamentally tho regarding prophecy.

I cant see how anywhere in the past where prophetic connections were made prior to the return of Israel even made sense. But we do have Israel, and we are nearing that generation mark that was spoken of.

I suppose I believe that we are witnessing with irrefutable certainty, the actual moment in time of Daniels 70th week.

All prior "connections" were intrinsically flawed in their timing concerning the actual reality of the information age..

The fact that the Jews are so close to building the third temple should be significant as well..

There is a reason John Kerry and the Pope are pushing so hard for peace between Israel and Palestine.

Homosexuality is now no longer supported as sinful and in fact has been made legal in many places around the world.. This is calling something evil "good" and God is going to intervene even more than he has been.

I consider this to be so "in your face" that it astounds me others havent noticed the end game scenario and the perfect timing for this to come to fruition.
I've been where you are. I can only say when I read the scriptures through chronologically for the first time back in 1989...I really began to see huge problems with the thinking of the Middle East, because I was reading historical fulfillments of prophecy, that many bible teachers saw as future.

I actually backed off eschatology for a while and just read the scriptures. After a time I simply came to realize I could no longer hold to "dispensational eschatology" anymore.

One series I recommend to really hash it out is "Amillenialism 101" by Kim Riddlebarger:

Monergism :: Amillennialism 101

He too, used to hold to "dispensational eschatology". If you're open to it, give it a listen

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
'Kai houtos' in Rom 11 simply means the quality of Israel (the people--not the other Israel Paul has been speaking of) will be the same right to the end: partially hardened. there is no prediction there at all. To illustrate what he is saying, Paul quotes Isaiah historically. The Isaiah quote is not about the future. It is what has just occurred in the Gospel events, whether Israel gets it or not.

In the long view of things, the Gospel and the appearance of the church in history were what God was trying to accomplish for long ages. When I think of the insignificance of modern events, I put it in that light: what is there to be gained or to be a result of any of the modern conflicts? Or like EbedM says about the temple, why we would want a temple around that takes Jews and others back to the status of things before the letter of Hebrews explained history to us? In short, why would you want any of the modern events to happen? To have your belief confirmed? Well, if you dont' believe God is just in his forgiveness of sins, then nothing will convince you in the future; that is what the Gospel was about. To believe that God merely "exists"? Well, you need to sharpen your reasons for anything existing at all , much further back in time and in terms of wider issues.

Modern events are insignificant in that there are no major questions to answer.

Upvote 0