PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You know, the Holy Spirit....which I have mentioned a few times here.....
I know what the Holy Spirit refers to. You keep failing to actually describe how a person gets to a point, in your opinion, that they can perceive and understand the deeper meaning of the bible.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think that is going to do much. If YHWH was willing to let this woman beat the Christian out of her son, the deity doesn't care or doesn't exist.
Really?

Hebrews 11:35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
Hebrews 11:36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
Hebrews 11:37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
Hebrews 11:38 ( Of whom the world was not worthy: ) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

Did JEHOVAH exist back in those times?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know what the Holy Spirit refers to. You keep failing to actually describe how a person gets to a point, in your opinion, that they can perceive and understand the deeper meaning of the bible.

If I may.

You can't just cross over into the understanding of scripture on an intellectual basis. The indwelling kingdom of God is a parallel universe right here on earth. What the spirit-led believer knows is not available to unbelievers. That said this knowledge is not that complicated. The main thing is that the Christian is convicted by the knowledge and must act on it. Of course this is a gradual process that occurs over a lifetime. The individual Christian, and thus the church itself, is a continuous work-in-progress, which can be confusing even to some in the church.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Really?

Hebrews 11:35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
Hebrews 11:36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
Hebrews 11:37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
Hebrews 11:38 ( Of whom the world was not worthy: ) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

Did JEHOVAH exist back in those times?
1. I am vengeful, but not enough to wish agony upon the mentally ill, which his mother is. I am not sure if she has paranoid schizophrenia, or that many blows to the head over the course of her life made her this way, or if the abortion her mother forced her to get are what drive the insanity, but she's been through enough as it is.

2. Punishing the abuser doesn't undo the years of abuse they inflict upon their victims. He legitimately loves his mother and certainly would not want such a fate to befall her. How he has maintained such feelings I don't personally understand, but I see no reason for him to lie to me about it.

Upvote 0