PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
They'll get the message during the White Throne Judgment period during the millennial reign of Christ. All will be led by the Spirit, Satan will be bound, only the few will be destroyed.
1000 years of humans, even if every single one of those people alive during that point are Christian, that still would likely leave less than half of the humans that ever lived as Christians during their lives.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've heard arguments for either Lucifer or Samael. Given that you hold the King James Bible so highly, I think it is safe to say that to you, the correct answer would be Lucifer. Personally, I am a fan of Ol' Scratch ;p
So you don't really know?

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
My favorite humorous part is in Acts 2:

13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

They usually waited until the sixth hour to get hammered. ^_^
Oh yes, that is a good one. The baby battle between Rachel and Leah where they start to get the servants involved is pretty amusing. Jacob just goes along with it XD what are you even doing, that type of thing is usually restricted to when your wife is infertile, so why are you going off with Leah's servant?

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
So you don't really know?
A rose by any other name is still a rose, AV, and the devil is still the devil by any other name. Here's the problem, AV: if I was just talking to you, I'd say Lucifer or Samael (just look back to when we talked before and I gave you the answer to know which) and be done with it. However, I am debating many people, and I know this is a subject of significant contention, so no matter what answer I stand by, someone is going to go "AHA! I knew atheists were ignorant of the scriptures!" Normally, this wouldn't deter me from giving a solid answer, but I don't view the angel name of the devil as important enough to answer given the amount of inevitable grief I'll get for it.

Basically, I don't view this as important enough to get in a huge debate over, and I don't want the current conversation I have having to delve into it. Sorry about that.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A rose by any other name is still a rose, AV, and the devil is still the devil by any other name. Here's the problem, AV: if I was just talking to you, I'd say Lucifer or Samael (just look back to when we talked before and I gave you the answer to know which) and be done with it. However, I am debating many people, and I know this is a subject of significant contention, so no matter what answer I stand by, someone is going to go "AHA! I knew atheists were ignorant of the scriptures!" Normally, this wouldn't deter me from giving a solid answer, but I don't view the angel name of the devil as important enough to answer given the amount of inevitable grief I'll get for it.

Basically, I don't view this as important enough to get in a huge debate over, and I don't want the current conversation I have having to delve into it. Sorry about that.
Fair enough.

I'll vacate.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Fair enough.

I'll vacate.
Oh, you don't need to leave, you can just ask a different question or ask me to evaluate a piece of scripture and make a judgement on how well I do. You're the only person thus far that has been willing to do that over just assuming that "as a spiritually dead atheist, there's no way she could evaluate this stuff right, so why waste my time testing her?"

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, you don't need to leave, you can just ask a different question or ask me to evaluate a piece of scripture and make a judgement on how well I do. You're the only person thus far that has been willing to do that over just assuming that "as a spiritually dead atheist, there's no way she could evaluate this stuff right, so why waste my time testing her?"
What was Moses' sister's name?

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
What was Moses' sister's name?
Miriam, his one and only older sister. Normally I wouldn't remember the name of a character like that, but I found it fun to say as well as a bit challenging to say with my speech impediment, so that one happened to stick. It begs to be said like a person pleading with another; "but Miriaaaaam, I wanna go to the movies too!" XD

Naming all of Jacob's sons would have been a much more challenging one, and one more important given how relevant they are to the narrative.

Reuben (reminded me of the sandwich), Levi, Simeon (another I found weird and fun to say), Gad (egad, it's Gad XD), Benjamin, Joseph (of course, I couldn't possibly forget this one), yeah, those are the ones I remember for sure, I'm gonna try to remember the rest.

uh, Ash, I think, or maybe Ashur? It definitely had Ash in it, but I think I remember wondering if it sounded like assure, so that doesn't seem quite right.

Dan or Don? Maybe it was Daniel, that seems more likely.

I want to say Issac, but I know that's not quite it, a little early for name repeats for important characters, but I can't quite recall what it was. It probably had Issac or Isaac in it somewhere, the weirder names tend to be harder to remember, but I tend to remember bits of names if they sound or look like they sound like modern names.

One that starts with Z. That's all I remember, because I like the letter Z. I'm disappointed in myself for not remembering one that starts with the letter Z.

Judas or Judah. I'm not sure which one... wait, no, it must be Judah, the tribes of the Israelites are named after these guys, duh. I pulled a stupid and forgot that somehow.

I'm at a complete loss now, I feel like I am missing at least 1. Counting... yeah, I have only references to 11, but he had 12 kids. I am missing one. Names are not my strong point. Gosh, and Genesis is the book of the bible I have read the most times, shame on me!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am looking them up now to see how I did.
The names of Jacob's 12 sons are correct for the six I felt sure about, I was kinda wrong with Ashur (because the correct one is Asher, but I could see how one could be a misspelling of the other, but I wasn't quite there so I won't count it) I was wrong with Daniel (It was Dan all along, swing and a miss), then I got Issachar and Zebulun wrong (though I remembered some aspects of each, and more than half of Issachar), I got Judah right, and I entirely forgot Naphtali.

In total, I was able to correctly name 7/12 of Jacob's sons, with 3/12 near misses or partial names, and 2/12 completely wrong.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
My friend fell in love with a really great guy. He knew the bible backwards and forwards. If you stated a book and verse #, he'd quote you the verse, or quote the verse and he'd tell you were it was. He kept cards with the whole bible written on them, verse by verse--reeled them off like a machine. Unfortunately, he knew the bible--He never knew Christ. He was a total drunk---couldn't keep a job and would always end up on the parking lot of the supermarkets, panhandling for money for his next drink. She got pregnant, had to have the child by herself, he eventually hitchhiked out of town. My own father loved to have the JW's come by, he'd take their bible and leave them speechless--the church forbid the congregation from coming to our home, they would go back totally confused. He had wanted to be a preacher. He knew exactly where to find what. He loved being the center of attention. He was an evil, wicked, child molesting man. Knowing the bible is not important, knowing Jesus Christ and His Father is. Big difference.

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am looking them up now to see how I did.
The names of Jacob's 12 sons are correct for the six I felt sure about, I was kinda wrong with Ashur (because the correct one is Asher, but I could see how one could be a misspelling of the other, but I wasn't quite there so I won't count it) I was wrong with Daniel (It was Dan all along, swing and a miss), then I got Issachar and Zebulun wrong (though I remembered some aspects of each, and more than half of Issachar), I got Judah right, and I entirely forgot Naphtali.

In total, I was able to correctly name 7/12 of Jacob's sons, with 3/12 near misses or partial names, and 2/12 completely wrong.
Now how many Duggers are you able to name?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-_- but I'm still an atheist...
Most atheist that I have talked to are more determined to life by the laws of God then Christians are. Many Christians think they can do what they want to do and be forgiven for it. There are atheists that do not believe in forgiveness and so they live right not trusting or believing that they are going to get a get out of jail free card. The Bible clearly teaches we will reap what we sow. Paul clearly instructs us not to be deceived. In the hood they say what goes around comes around. The Buddhists talk about Karma. Some people talk about the great equalizer. Before I became a Christian my life was always balanced on a scale. The good always balanced with the bad. It was all pretty much equal. Then when I became a Christian there was more good then bad in my life. So I would not want to go back to having less good in my life.

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm at a complete loss now, I feel like I am missing at least 1. Counting... yeah, I have only references to 11, but he had 12 kids. I am missing one. Names are not my strong point. Gosh, and Genesis is the book of the bible I have read the most times, shame on me!
I'm impressed, Sarah!

You did good!

I believe you left Levi out.

Incidentally ... and none of my business ... but when's the big day? :)

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh yes, that is a good one. The baby battle between Rachel and Leah where they start to get the servants involved is pretty amusing. Jacob just goes along with it XD what are you even doing, that type of thing is usually restricted to when your wife is infertile, so why are you going off with Leah's servant?

Both Rachel and Leah were barren at some point. Using a surrogate was customary.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1000 years of humans, even if every single one of those people alive during that point are Christian, that still would likely leave less than half of the humans that ever lived as Christians during their lives.

Everyone will be resurrected, including those who predate Christ.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The baby battle between Rachel and Leah where they start to get the servants involved is pretty amusing.
From what I see on the internet today that sort of stuff is still going on today. So what is your complaint that Abraham was normal and not the super saint that we all make him out to be? This just goes to show us that God can do a work in every man and every women's life if they are willing to Yield themselves to Him.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
-_- you were mentioning 1 Corinthians 2:14 a couple times, which says
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (taken from the King James version).

Which basically means that a person that isn't spiritual or more specifically, a nonbeliever, can't understand the bible or correctly interpret/portray its teachings.

This is the excuse the bible has for the people that don't believe after reading the bible. "surely, anyone that could understand the text would also believe what it says, so anyone that reads it and doesn't believe must not understand it". Or so it claims.

I am not saying that the bible admits that this is the purpose of the passage, but if it isn't, I would love for you to tell me what you think it is for.
It is a little more involved than that. James said even the demons believe in God and shudder. When a Christian uses the term believer we mean that person has the Holy Spirit dwelling within them. Without the HS (the spirtual persona of the Trinity) scripture is foolishness.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0