the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Any headlines speculating Christian(ic) terrorists or mentioning Christian(ic) extremism?
Nope. He'll be the traditional "lone gunman" shooting up clinics *because reason*.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,151,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
LOL! When was the last time there was one? David Koresh in Texas?
You're kidding right? You haven't heard of Scott Roeder, Shelly Shannon, Jim David Adkisson, Paul Jennings Hill, Eric Rudolph, James Charles Kopp, John C. Salvi, Timothy McVeigh .. to name but a few. Many of these rank high on the list of the Army of God, which is known as a "Christian, terrorist, anti-abortion group."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The gunman has been captured alive.

Well, that's certainly unusual. But on the plus side, now we can interrogate this guy like any other terrorist and find out who he's working for...

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're kidding right? You haven't heard of Scott Roeder, Shelly Shannon, Jim David Adkisson, Paul Jennings Hill, Eric Rudolph, James Charles Kopp, John C. Salvi, Timothy McVeigh .. to name but a few. Many of these rank high on the list of the Army of God, which is known as a "Christian, terrorist, anti-abortion group."
No, not kidding, thanks
I remember a little of that being reported on McVeigh, but it looked like he was involved with insiders setting him up as a patsy.
Since then, I've reduced my TV news exposure drastically. It seems to me that religion and ideology are being used as cover more than abused by true believers of anything. It in general, seems to follow a script. These groups get infiltrated by cops and then the infiltrators become agents of provocation.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

My Shalom

We're The Christians The Devil Warned You About!
Nov 26, 2015
✟1,604.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, that's certainly unusual. But on the plus side, now we can interrogate this guy like any other terrorist and find out who he's working for...
Agreed. I was expecting the update to include he'd shot himself or was killed by police. This wasn't an assault on Planned Parenthood on his part either apparently. He simply fled to PP when pursued by police.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
No, not kidding, thanks
I remember a little of that being reported on McVeigh, but it looked like he was involved with insiders setting him up as a patsy.
Since then, I've reduced my TV news exposure drastically. It seems to me that religion and ideology are being used as cover more than abused by true believers of anything. It in general, seems to follow a script.
The no true scotsman fallacy at play. There were plenty more names than McVeigh in that list.

Upvote 0

My Shalom

We're The Christians The Devil Warned You About!
Nov 26, 2015
✟1,604.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, not kidding, thanks
Since then, I've reduced my TV news exposure drastically. It seems to me that religion and ideology are being used as cover more than abused by true believers of anything. It in general, seems to follow a script.
His collaborator Terry Nichols has never been allowed to speak to the press. That's very interesting when there are "The McVeigh" tapes out there wherein he was interviewed after his arrest. But Nichols is forbidden the same opportunity to this day. I wonder why?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Agreed. I was expecting the update to include he'd shot himself or was killed by police. This wasn't an assault on Planned Parenthood on his part either apparently. He simply fled to PP when pursued by police.

The OP article paints a different picture:

"The shooting injured at least nine people, including at least four police officers, after a gunman walked into a Colorado Springs branch of Planned Parenthood on Friday and began shooting."

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
His collaborator Terry Nichols has never been allowed to speak to the press. That's very interesting when there are "The McVeigh" tapes out there wherein he was interviewed after his arrest. But Nichols is forbidden the same opportunity to this day. I wonder why?
I would be interested in speculation.
But I have less time for deep rabbit holes these days.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It'll be interesting to see if this is ironically in protest of PP's taking of lives.
Shooting people is "ironic" now? So when ISIS kills people because they perceive those people to be also taking lives, is that also "ironic"?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟883,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
or not He does have the right to remain silent.

Upvote 0