✟11,079.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Criticism Makes You Bad News: Not Good News

Criticism can be destructive. It’s in the Bible, Galatians 5:15, NIV. "If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other."

Criticism of others often covers the need for self-criticism. It’s in the Bible, Matthew 7:1-5, TLB. "Don’t criticize, and then you won’t be criticized. For others will treat you as you treat them. And why worry about a speck in the eye of a brother when you have a board in your own? Should you say, ‘Friend, let me help you get that speck out of your eye,’ when you can’t even see because of the board in your own? Hypocrite! First get rid of the board. ONLY then you can see to help your brother."

Willingness to forgive is a part of constructive criticism. It’s in the Bible, Luke 17:3, NIV. "So watch yourselves. If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him."

Be careful about your criticism. It’s in the Bible, Romans 14:1, TLB. "Give a warm welcome to any brother who wants to join you, even though his faith is weak. Don’t criticize him for having different ideas from yours about what is right and wrong."

Those who give it--get it. It’s in the Bible, Luke 6:37-38, TLB. "Never criticize or condemn--or it will all come back on you. Go easy on others; then they will do the same for you. For if you give, you will get!"

Christians will wisely learn from valid, constructive, criticism. It’s in the Bible, Proverbs 9:8-9, TLB. "If you rebuke a mocker, you will only get a smart retort; yes, he will snarl at you. So don’t bother with him; he will only hate you for trying to help him. But a wise man, when rebuked, will love you all the more. Teach a wise man, and he will be wiser; teach a good man, and he will learn more."

The best protection against criticism is a clear conscience. It’s in the Bible, I Peter 3:16, NIV. "Keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander."

(to be continued)

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟11,079.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Warnings Against Attacking God’s Church

Ps.119: 24 Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors. {my counsellors: Heb. men of my counsel}

(written in 1893) “Has God no living church? He has a church, but it is the church militant, not the church triumphant. We are sorry that there are defective members, that there are tares amidst the wheat…

Let all be careful not to make an outcry against the only people who are fulfilling the description given of the remnant people who keep the commandments of God, and have faith in Jesus…

God has a distinct people, a church on earth, second to none, but superior to all in their facilities to teach the Truth, to vindicate the law of God.” (TM 45, 58).

(written in 1893) “When anyone is drawing apart from the organized body of God’s commandment keeping people, when they begin to weight the church in their human scales, and begin to pronounce judgment against [the church] then you may know that GOD IS NOT LEADING THEM.” (3 SM 18).

A common characteristic of hyper-critical ministries like **** is the general disposition to criticize almost everyone or everything, that doesn’t meet their mind on some doctrinal matter. This attitude permeates every aspect of his ministry, and even affects some of ****** teachings.

He often expresses the thought that we should not accept this or that doctrinal understanding, as that would make us too much like the church at large – and since he and his followers are “the remnant, within the remnant;” then he, and his adherents, all have to watch how much they have in common with the general church body. This is a common feature of many similar ministries. Some people would call it a cult.

****** goes through the church with a fine tooth comb, leaving no stone unturned, (uncriticised), and the following statement from the pen of inspiration applies most forcefully to the flagrantly critical spirit of ******* ministry:

“Satan is the accuser of the brethren; and it is his spirit that inspires men to watch for the errors and defects of the Lord’s people, and to hold them up to notice; while their good deeds are passed by without a mention.” “[Satan] is always active, when God is at work for the salvation of souls.” (GC 395).

Why are so many fallen into the satanic trap of vehemently defending the right to expose the sins of the church; and yet, passing by, almost without notice, any of the good, and Biblically correct things that are going on?

How much better it would be if Pastor ********, and similar ministries would adopt as their motto, the blessed instruction found in Phil.4:8:
“Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report: If there be any virtue, and if there be any praise; think on these things.”

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟11,079.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
I have been told many times, things such as the following lately, just for wanting to dwell more on themes of love, of Christ, and of Him crucified, and things that are spiritually positive and uplifting:

1) Be careful where you stand Castaway…You don’t want to stand in the way of the Lord’s work of reproving His church.
2) We must be careful not to let the devil speak through us in tearing down another man’s work, through whom God is speaking, and correcting His people.
3) The work of reproof is little or poorly understood by God’s people
4) Plus; I have been called many things such as "spiritual dwarf," and not Christian.

Many quotes similar to these next few are presented as “evidence” that I am wrong for speaking in opposition to a ministry such as certain forum members ******:

A) “Many times we hear that the one who brings a message of reproof is the "accuser of the brethren." Sometimes this may be true, but many times it is the one who is calling the reprover of wrongs in the church that is the accuser of the brethren.”
B) “I would be really careful if I were you, and pray a lot over this idea you seem to have about not revealing the sins in the church, because you just might be standing in the wrong place. I really studied this out awhile back, I used to feel as you do. But now I don’t. You must be really careful that you aren’t standing in God's way:”

Usually, at this point, while telling me not to stand in God’s way; the following types of quotations are almost sneeringly levelled at me:

C) “Testimonies for the Church Volume One, page 213, paragraph 1

Chapter Title: Slackness Reproved

“ I saw that many souls have been destroyed by their brethren unwisely sympathizing with them, when their only hope was to be left to see and realize the full extent of their wrongs. But as they eagerly accept the sympathy of unwise brethren, they receive the idea that they are abused; and if they attempt to retrace their steps, they make halfhearted work.

They divide the matter to suit their natural feelings, lay blame upon the reprover, and so patch up the matter. It is not probed to the bottom, and is not healed, and they again fall into the same wrong, because they were not left to feel the extent of their wrong, and humble themselves before God, and let Him build them up. False sympathizers have worked in direct opposition to the mind of Christ and ministering angels.”

D) “Testimonies for the Church Volume Three, page 328, paragraph 2

Chapter Title: To a Young Minister and His Wife

Those who have in the fear of God ventured out to faithfully meet error and sin, calling sin by its right name, have discharged a disagreeable duty with much suffering of feelings to themselves; but they get the sympathy of but few and suffer the neglect of many. The sympathizers are on the wrong side, and they carry out the purposes of Satan to defeat the design of God.”

In speaking about fanatacism, the pen of inspiration deals on this wise:

(To be continued).

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟11,079.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Accuser Of The Brethren

“Jesus does not receive glory from any one who is an accuser of the brethren.” LHU 321.

“But since his fall, Satan has been an accuser of the brethren, and you must be on guard lest you reveal the same spirit.”--Lt 69, 1896. {2MCP 579-80}

“The spirit of Christ will lead us to think kindly of our brethren. It is the work of Satan to seek some stain upon the character of Christ's followers, to talk of their faults, and magnify their errors. Satan is an accuser of the brethren, and all who engage in this work show that they are actuated by the same spirit. All our prayers will be in vain while we cherish feelings of envy, jealousy, suspicion, and enmity. We shall be forgiven only as we forgive. It is no better than mocking God to engage in religious worship with hearts thinking evil, and full of bitterness toward our brethren or our fellow-men.” {RH, November 6, 1883 par. 9}

“When the claims of God are presented, those who love sin evince their true character by the satisfaction with which they point to the faults and errors of professed Christians. They are actuated by the same spirit as their master, Satan, whom the Bible declares to be the ‘accuser of the brethren.’ Let an evil report be started, and how rapidly it will be exaggerated and passed from lip to lip! How many will feast upon it, like vultures upon a heap of garbage. Whether the slanderous tale comes with or without proof, they give it ready credence, showing a strength of faith that is surprising. And yet these very persons will refuse to believe the truths of God's word so long as there is the semblance of an excuse for doubt.” {ST, March 9, 1882 par. 6}

“And yet the faults and errors of church members will be no shield for the impenitent in the day of God. Those who would make them such when the claims of God are presented, evince their true character as lovers of sin. They are actuated by the same spirit as their master, whom the Bible declares to be the "accuser of the brethren." The fact that some professed Christians are not what they should be, proves nothing against religion, but only that these persons are not faithful to their profession. Neither does it prove that the church is corrupt. Does she not deal with offending members, and separate from her company those who persist in an evil way? And these persons who point so complacently to the faults of Christians are not consistent. They will make the most of a man's faults while he is a member of the church; but let him be expelled, and they turn about, and sympathize with him, declaring the church to be uncharitable and severe.” {ST, March 25, 1886 par. 5}

“Satan is "the accuser of the brethren," and it is his spirit that inspires men to watch for the errors and defects of the Lord's people, and to hold them up to notice, while their good deeds are passed by without a mention.” -- GC 395 (1888).

God is not all pleased with your speeches against Elder Loughborough. I have been shown that you have had more to say and more to do to instill doubt in the minds of others than anyone else in regard to him. To pronounce judgment on this one and that one, to make sweeping denunciations against the institution that God has established, is not your work. Elder Loughborough should be relieved of many wearing responsibilities, and the reports you have circulated in regard to him are an offense to God. It is easy to criticize a thing after it is done, suggesting improvements, to point out defects when a work has been done. {20MR 96.2}

When you see supposed defects in the brethren who are preaching the Word of God, you talk of their mistakes and seek to uproot the confidence that others have in them, simply because they do not meet your ideas; but are your ideas without a flaw? Are your ways perfect before God? Has He placed you on the judgment seat to discover defects in others, to denounce and condemn them? I tell you, He has not; it is a work you have taken upon yourself. In place of humbling your own heart before God, you have watched for something to accuse in your ministering brethren. Elder [E. P.] Daniels has helped you, and you have helped him in this work which is condemned of God, for it is most cruel work. {20MR 96.3}

To accuse others is to work in harmony with the great adversary of souls; to bring deception upon others. Satan is an accuser of the brethren, and all this accusation on
your part will not make right one of your own errors, will not make less grievous one of your own wrongs. The spirit of criticism fastens you in the snare of Satan, for he desires you to think yourself better and wiser than your brethren. When you closely examine your own case, when you are sure that you are a doer of the words of Christ, that you are walking in His footsteps, you will not have time or desire to weaken your brethren. You will know how displeasing to God it is. {20MR 96.4}

You should not stand ready to pick flaws, to criticize any man whom God has placed in a position of trust. It is true that every man is imperfect, but God has chosen to connect [half page too dim to read]. {20MR 97.1}

For Christ's sake, for your soul's sake, I entreat you, do not talk of the deficiencies of your brethren! Go to work for yourself. Do not any longer grieve the Holy Spirit of God. The question is asked, "Lord, who shall abide in Thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in Thy holy hill?" And the answer is, "He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart. He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbor, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbor. In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoreth them that fear the Lord. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not. He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved" (Psalm 15). {20MR 97.2}

The ministers whom you condemn God has ordained to do a work for which He has not qualified you. Money cannot supply your deficiency. Your prejudices, preferences, dislikes, your sweeping condemnation of both the Healdsburg College and the Health Retreat, have been active influences in encouraging fault-finding, jealousy, evil surmising throughout all the churches. When your ideas and expectations are not met, you have talked out your dissatisfaction, but God has not prompted you in your independent spirit, in your accusation of His instrumentality. There can be no unity where such things exist. Confidence cannot live amid suspicion and evil surmisings. {20MR 97.3} MR1444.

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟11,079.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Turn Not Weapons on Christ's Soldiers.

We are to direct the weapons of our warfare against our foes, but never to turn them toward those who are under marching orders from the King of kings, who are fighting manfully the battles of the Lord of lords. Let no one aim at a soldier whom God recognizes, whom God has sent forth to bear a special message to the world and to do a special work. {3SM 344.3}

The soldiers of Christ may not always reveal perfection in their step, but their mistakes should call out from their fellow comrades not words that will weaken, but words that will strengthen, and will help them recover their lost ground. They should not turn the glory of God into dishonor, and give an advantage to the bitterest foes of their King. {3SM 344.4}

Let not fellow soldiers be severe, unreasonable judges of their comrades, and make the most of every defect. Let them not manifest satanic attributes in becoming accusers of the brethren. We shall find ourselves misrepresented and falsified by the world, while we are maintaining the truth and vindicating God's downtrodden law; but let no one dishonor the cause of God by making public some mistake that the soldiers of Christ may make, when that mistake is seen and corrected by [the] ones who have taken some false position. . . . {3SM 345.1}

God will charge those who unwisely expose the mistakes of their brethren with sin of far greater magnitude than He will charge the one who makes a misstep. Criticism and condemnation of the brethren are counted as criticism and condemnation of Christ.--Letter 48, 1894. {3SM 345.2}

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟11,079.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Many who call themselves "remnant in the remnant," are simply accusers of the brethren, and they may even do a lot of "Jesus talk" once in a while to try to convince others, yet, the only "remnant within the remnant" one can find in the Bible is "The Synagogue Of Satan." see Rev 2:9

(to be continued)

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟11,079.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Thank you cast, I almost joined their ranks at one time, but God revealed to me their true nature.
Nothing makes deception more deceptive than the mixing of truth with it. I did join their ranks at one point and it was a very dark time for me, spiritually.

attachment.php

No matter whats going on, we can always praise God for His Church, and for all His promises to same.

Attachments

• 1238299_713685695324647_1473687865_n.jpg
    1238299_713685695324647_1473687865_n.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟11,079.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Yup, I went into one of their websites and tried to join, was up front and told them I was still a member of the SDA, all I got from that point forward was, "you're in Babylon, get out!" and then wasn't allowed to post any comments. We must pray for them.
There is a lot of wise counsel about critics of the church. Here is an example:

[We] should not unite [our] influence with critics of the church—When plied with the arguments and suggestions of such advisers, it would be well for us each to inquire, “Should I, who am a Christian, a child of God; one called to be the light of the world, a preacher of righteousness; who have so often expressed my confidence in the truth and the way in which the Lord has led us, should I unite my influence with those who bitterly oppose the work of God? Should I, a steward of the mysteries of God, open to His worst enemies the counsels of His people? Would not such a course embolden the wicked in their opposition to the truth of God and to His covenant-keeping people? Would not such concession prevent me from opening my lips in exhortation, warning, or entreaty in my own family or in the church of God? If Paul or Peter were placed in similar circumstances, would he thus betray a sacred trust?”—The Signs of the Times, January 3, 1884. - PaM 41.3

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟11,079.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
The accuser of the brethren is alive and well on this forum. If you have questions about his constant tirade against the church but you are afraid of his reaction, should you disagree with him; please pm me and I am pretty sure I can steer you to resources that will help answer your questions. Dont let the enemies of our church control this forum or your beliefs with his negative and outrageous accusations.

Continue doing what most of you are already doing, and don' give him what he wants - he wants to argue, distract, and confuse, and discourage:

Chap. 1 - God's Purpose for His Church

The church is God's appointed agency for the salvation of men. It was organized for service, and its mission is to carry the gospel to the world. From the beginning it has been God's plan that through His church shall be reflected to the world His fullness and His sufficiency. The members of the church, those whom He has called out of darkness into His marvelous light, are to show forth His glory. The church is the repository of the riches of the grace of Christ; and through the church will eventually be made manifest, even to "the principalities and powers in heavenly places," the final and full display of the love of God. Ephesians 3:10. {AA 9.1}

Many and wonderful are the promises recorded in the Scriptures regarding the church. "Mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people." Isaiah 56:7. "I will make them and the places round about My hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing." "And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more. Thus shall they know that I the Lord their God am with them, and that they, even the house of Israel, are My people, saith the Lord God. And ye My flock, the flock of My pasture, are men, and I am your God, saith the Lord God." Ezekiel 34:26, 29-31. {AA 9.2}

"Ye are My witnesses, saith the Lord, and My servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He: before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord; and beside Me there is no Saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have showed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are My witnesses." "I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; to open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house." Isaiah 43:10-12; 42:6, 7. {AA 10.1}

"In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages; that thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Show yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places. They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for He that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall He guide them. And I will make all My mountains a way, and My highways shall be exalted. . . . {AA 10.2}

"Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the Lord hath comforted His people, and will have mercy upon His afflicted. But Zion said, The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of My hands; thy walls are continually before Me." Isaiah 49:8-16. {AA 11.1}

The church is God's fortress, His city of refuge, which He holds in a revolted world. Any betrayal of the church is treachery to Him who has bought mankind with the blood of His only-begotten Son. From the beginning, faithful souls have constituted the church on earth. In every age the Lord has had His watchmen, who have borne a faithful testimony to the generation in which they lived. These sentinels gave the message of warning; and when they were called to lay off their armor, others took up the work. God brought these witnesses into covenant relation with Himself, uniting the church on earth with the church in heaven. He has sent forth His angels to minister to His church, and the gates of hell have not been able to prevail against His people. {AA 11.2}

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟11,079.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Builders, Not Destroyers

And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in. Isaiah 58:12. {FLB 305.1}

Has God no living church? He has a church, but it is the church militant, not the church triumphant. We are sorry that there are defective members. . . .While the Lord brings into the church those who are truly converted, Satan at the same time brings persons who are not converted into its fellowship. While Christ is sowing the good seed, Satan is sowing the tares. There are two opposing influences continually exerted on the members of the church. One influence is working for the purification of the church, and the other for the corrupting of the people of God. . . . {FLB 305.2}

Although there are evils existing in the church, and will be until the end of the world, the church in these last days is to be the light of the world that is polluted and demoralized by sin. . . . {FLB 305.3}

There is but one church in the world who are at the present time standing in the breach, and making up the hedge, building up the old waste places; and for any man to call the attention of the world and other churches to this church, denouncing her as Babylon, is to do a work in harmony with him who is the accuser of the brethren. . . .The whole world is filled with hatred of those who proclaim the binding claims of the law of God, and the church who are loyal to Jehovah must engage in no ordinary conflict. . . .Those who have any realization of what this warfare means, will not turn their weapons against the church militant, but with all their powers will wrestle with the people of God against the confederacy of evil. {FLB 305.4}

Those who start up to proclaim a message on their own individual responsibility, who, while claiming to be taught and led of God, still make it their special work to tear down that which God has been for years building up, are not doing the will of God. Be it known that these men are on the side of the great deceiver. Believe them not.
{FLB 305.5}

Upvote 0