Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
According to LDS only they belong to the kingdom of God.

"The kingdom of God on earth is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (D&C 65). The purpose of the Church is to prepare its members to live forever in the celestial kingdom or kingdom of heaven. However, the scriptures sometimes call the Church the kingdom of heaven, meaning that the Church is the kingdom of heaven on earth."
Kingdom of God or Kingdom of Heaven

When they gain converts and baptize them, those converts have joined the kingdom of God.

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

"The kingdom of God on earth is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (D&C 65). The purpose of the Church is to prepare its members to live forever in the celestial kingdom or kingdom of heaven. However, the scriptures sometimes call the Church the kingdom of heaven, meaning that the Church is the kingdom of heaven on earth."

When they gain converts and baptize them, those converts have joined the kingdom of God.
Kingdom of God on the earth.

• Agree
Reactions: Jane_Doe
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Every religion has their own rules. What they are and where they want to be.

DIVIDE ET IMPERA
Source: Divide and rule - Wikipedia

Proverbs 14:12 (KJV)
12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Proverbs 16:25 (KJV)
25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Reactions: saul258
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

If you think about it, why would you be a member of a church that did not proclaim that it is the true Church of Jesus Christ?

I would not be a member of the Mormon church if it said that we, as well as all our Christian churches are the true churches of the Lord Jesus Christ.

You profess to be a Protestant, and that is good, but does your church proclaim that it is the only true Church of Jesus Christ?

If not you may want to think about it some more.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If you think about it, why would you be a member of a church that did not proclaim that it is the true Church of Jesus Christ?

I would not be a member of the Mormon church if it said that we, as well as all our Christian churches are the true churches of the Lord Jesus Christ.

You profess to be a Protestant, and that is good, but does your church proclaim that it is the only true Church of Jesus Christ?

John 14
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 10
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Isaiah 43
I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

One of your leaders said:
This Church is the ensign on the mountain spoken of by the Old Testament prophets. It is the way, the truth, and the life.
Marion Romney (LDS First Presidency), Conference Report, April, 1961, p. 119

Another Mormon leader said:
Therefore it was made clearly manifest that salvation is in the Church, and of the Church, and is obtained only through the Church.
Mark E. Petersen, Salvation Comes through the Church, Ensign, July 1973

And:
If it had not been for Joseph Smith and the restoration, there would be no salvation. There is no salvation outside The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 1979, p. 670

I believe Jesus.

• Winner
Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0

gentlejah

Jan 4, 2017
Ontario
✟17,298.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

is there not a Mormon/LDS section here? I've looked a few times but don't see one

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
is there not a Mormon/LDS section here? I've looked a few times but don't see one
There used to be. The admins have since decided that members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are not Christian, deleted the section, restricted our ability to post, and banished us here where we are not even allow to create threads.

Upvote 0

saul258

Jan 5, 2017
USA
✟8,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There used to be. The admins have since decided that members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are not Christian, deleted the section, restricted our ability to post, and banished us here where we are not even allow to create threads.

That is pretty harsh. While it is within their rights to behave like that but specially for religious boards such behavior should have a strong reaction of the community.

What happened prior to it, did you (as a group) give any reason to react in that way?

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
That is pretty harsh. While it is within their rights to behave like that but specially for religious boards such behavior should have a strong reaction of the community.

What happened prior to it, did you (as a group) give any reason to react in that way?
We acted like Christians (because that's what we are). Our crime was not being crazy ignorant Biblically illiterate people and having other Christians see that.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Mormonism teaches that ALL churches are apostate except theirs and that in order to earn eternal life, one must agree with and obey their man-made rules.
False. The correct statement is LDS believe a denizen of the Kingdom of God should yield to God's commandments, including repentance when it is necessary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I have been longer than most here. I have seen administrators come and go. We use to have an section for LDS. When the owner change hands it became more hostile towards the LDS in that we were placed in a general forum for non christians. Then a while back maybe two years or so they decided to create a section where "christians" could ask
Questions and LDS could not start a thread where we could only answer. We did nothing but be Mormon.

Reactions: Jane_Doe
Upvote 0

carrwinn

Sep 30, 2016
Usa
✟16,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Bible teaches that a select number of people will go to heaven to rule as kings and priests with Christ.(Revelation 7,14) They will be the rulers of the kingdom that Christ told his followers to pray for.(Matthew 6:9,10)
While on earth these ones based on accurate knowledge have been separate from the world being sole advocates of God's kingdom and thus having no part in worldly politics, which are soon to pass away.(John 17:3;Daniel 2:44;2Peter 3:13,14)

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Jesus is the head of His church. He knows His sheep and His sheep know Him.

Upvote 0