Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, your adding the words,"as a sign of their trust they showed it by..."

I completely agree with the Scripture you posted. I'm not in any way disagreeing with it.
When they were baptised, they already believed. They were not being baptised because they mere hoped that they might become believers.

Upvote 0

EPHESIANS6:10-11

Jun 7, 2015
✟16,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Sorry if i seem to be uneducated in Christianity
I had the bible storys in school but i don't remember much about then because of trauma
i am starting to get to know Jesus am still learning and I am like a new Christian
I have questions but i don't know where to start or if am allowed to ask questions in the new Christian part of the forum
I have only just started reading the bible i remember the basics of Jesus story that he was born of a virgin died and risen from the dead and went to heaven to be with The Father God but thats all i know.
There are books in the bible i never knew where there i thought it was just about Jesus story but its more than that
Its something i never thought id read but now i am and what i have read so far has amazed me and i want to learn more about Jesus

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I had the bible storys in school but i don't remember much about then because of trauma
i am starting to get to know Jesus am still learning and I am like a new Christian
I have questions but i don't know where to start or if am allowed to ask questions in the new Christian part of the forum
I have only just started reading the bible i remember the basics of Jesus story that he was born of a virgin died and risen from the dead and went to heaven to be with The Father God but thats all i know.
There are books in the bible i never knew where there i thought it was just about Jesus story but its more than that
Its something i never thought id read but now i am and what i have read so far has amazed me and i want to learn more about Jesus
Feel free to ask. Many people here will be willing to help, including myself. Questions are good. If you have the cash, get and ESV study Bible as well. It doesn't stray from Scripture and explaining it. It doesn't get into applications for your life. I believe the Holy Spirit will guide each person to application without being coached into applications.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Anne Griffiths wrote:

"O may these hallowed pages be
My ever dear delight!
And still new beauties may I see,
And still increasing light!"

Upvote 0

EPHESIANS6:10-11

Jun 7, 2015
✟16,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Yes i already have a bible its KJV id need to wait to get one as we are tight on money we dont work and my husband like why do you need another one ( my husband isn't religious ) He not that understanding about getting another bible
ill talk to him about it
I Guess i could tell him i want it for Christmas or my birthday is a little bit before Christmas
Am glad i can ask questions here
:sohappy:

Upvote 0

ddrgkd

Ask Christ For Salvation
Feb 19, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you come to a Baptist forum, and expect that those in Christ will only read the first line, well, you might wanna know your audience. ;) You're preaching to the choir bro!

I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand, I come here to edit my post. Yes their can be non Christians on a Christian site. I hope they read the whole thing.

I feel the need to ask, Have you asked Christ for salvation.

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes i already have a bible its KJV id need to wait to get one as we are tight on money we dont work and my husband like why do you need another one ( my husband isn't religious ) He not that understanding about getting another bible
ill talk to him about it
I Guess i could tell him i want it for Christmas or my birthday is a little bit before Christmas
Your KJV is perfectly fine. You don't need anything else. Do you have questions from your readings?

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand, I come here to edit my post. Yes their can be non Christians on a Christian site. I hope they read the whole thing.

I feel the need to ask, Have you asked Christ for salvation.

True, but forum SoP states that only Christians can post in congregational forums. You should only expect to find Baptists in a Baptist forum, or at least professing Christians. :) Might I ask why you would assume you would find non-Christians in a denominational forum?

Your question actually should be "Have you been reborn of Spirit?" But to answer your question, yes...I have....

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Neither will simply praying a prayer. I don't recall Jesus ever saying "invite me into your heart," but He did say "I stand at the door and knock..."

Rev 3

19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

If you're not being rebuked and disciplined by the Lord, what should you think about your state (relationship) with Him?

I have heard that phrase above so many times, yet no one has ever explained to me what that even looks like or how it's done.

So what does being rebuked and disciplined by the Lord look like and how is it done?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have heard that phrase above so many times, yet no one has ever explained to me what that even looks like or how it's done.

So what does being rebuked and disciplined by the Lord look like and how is it done?

Just think about it as a parent rebukes and disciplines their child.

Hebrews 12:5-6New International Version (NIV)
5 And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says,

“My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
and do not lose heart

I know that my grandmother would take away things that I liked, and tell me why what I did was wrong. I think God does that very thing with His Children.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Just think about it as a parent rebukes and disciplines their child.

Hebrews 12:5-6New International Version (NIV)
5 And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says,

“My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
and do not lose heart

I know that my grandmother would take away things that I liked, and tell me why what I did was wrong. I think God does that very thing with His Children.

I wonder if that is why my wife and I are no longer together and divorcing?

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I'm the "false theology" baptist on this topic of baptism. Mrs. Ephesians6:10-11, When your baptized God works in the water to save. It isn't merely a dunk of symbolic water. It's the miracle of salvation happening in the 3 persons of the Triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Mike,

Eph 6:10-11 (NIV) states: 'Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes'.

These two verses say nothing whatsoever about baptismal regeneration, what you call 'God works in the water to save'.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear ddrgkd. If we accept Christ we will proudly display it. In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells us: " The first and great Command is " Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy might. The second is like it:
love thy neighbour as thyself. In verse 40 we are told: On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets. The Bible tells us: "Repent and be Born Again," we have to give up all our selfish wishes and wants, and start loving and caring. Matthew 7: 7-10 tells us: Ask and you shall receive. Here we ask for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour. God will see our loving efforts, and God will bless us.
The Holy Spirit will help and guide us, and Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY. That is easy to understand and straight forward. We ask Jesus to lead us back to God.
Jesus is the Way and the Truth, we ask Jesus into our lives, and Jesus will lead us back to our Heavenly Father.
Jesus died for us, and now we are the followers of Christ I say this with love, ddrgkd. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

ddrgkd

Ask Christ For Salvation
Feb 19, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
True, but forum SoP states that only Christians can post in congregational forums. You should only expect to find Baptists in a Baptist forum, or at least professing Christians. :) Might I ask why you would assume you would find non-Christians in a denominational forum?

Your question actually should be "Have you been reborn of Spirit?" But to answer your question, yes...I have....
Good deal, i'm happy for you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ill talk to him about it
Your KJV will do just fine.

Upvote 0