Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
We are now discovering to our horror that Isis is using mustard gas and other wmd's.

I wonder where and how they got those WMD'S???? Do you think maybe in Syria, where GW and others said they hid them? Why isn't anyone talking about this? Why the silence from the folks with egg on their faces?

Well here's somebody who's talking about it (besides me and I have been saying it for years) I am sure there are more and perhaps they will be posted too if folks can force themselves to say anything good about GWBush. Makes me crazy.

http://www.thenationalpatriot.com/2015/10/21/isis-is-now-using-wmd-saddams-wmd/

You're right of course, but it was necessary for one political faction in the USA to rewrite history in order to have it say there never were any WMDs. They're not about to admit that now that we knew where they went all along.

As a matter of fact, Bernie Sanders is still making, as his leading claim to fame and point of attack against Hillary Clinton, that he didn't think the WMDs existed--and it's now 15 years later.

Reactions: zippy2
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not one word said was incorrect.

He also had a mustache and dark hair. Both true, but not what was being discussed. One nice thing about when people move the goal posts? It's pretty much an acknowledgement that they can't support their argument anymore so they have to try and re-frame it in someway and pretend that was their argument all along. :wave:
tulc(just a thought) :)

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you suggesting we went to war over mustard gas?

Are you asking me or someone else? If its me then allow me to explain what exactly i am saying. Saddam was only convicted of one massacre that resulted in the deaths of around 147 people, i believe. However, hes most likely guilty of much more. If im not mistaken they found mass graves in Iraq after Saddam fell. They also estimated that 100s of thousands of people were missing in Iraq and presumed dead, killed by Saddam.

All im saying is that Saddam was a war criminal who perpetrated crimes against humanity and was hung for it by his own people.

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You're right of course, but it was necessary for one political faction in the USA to rewrite history in order to have it say there never were any WMDs. They're not about to admit that now that we knew where they went all along.

As a matter of fact, Bernie Sanders is still making, as his leading claim to fame and point of attack against Hillary Clinton, that he didn't think the WMDs existed--and it's now 15 years later.

Why wouldn't US admit we knew where WMD's went? I don't get it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you asking me or someone else? If its me then allow me to explain what exactly i am saying. Saddam was only convicted of one massacre that resulted in the deaths of around 147 people, i believe. However, hes most likely guilty of much more. If im not mistaken they found mass graves in Iraq after Saddam fell. They also estimated that 100s of thousands of people were missing in Iraq and presumed dead, killed by Saddam.

All im saying is that Saddam was a war criminal who perpetrated crimes against humanity and was hung for it by his own people.

I was asking the op.

Saddam committed many atrocities and for decades. But that wasn't the reason we went to war either...

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Everyone is more popular when they can't send anyone to fight for what turned out to be a lie. Heck, even President Nixon was more popular after he got out of office. :D

Carter’s approval rate too.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We are now discovering to our horror that Isis is using mustard gas and other wmd's.

I wonder where and how they got those WMD'S???? Do you think maybe in Syria, where GW and others said they hid them? Why isn't anyone talking about this? Why the silence from the folks with egg on their faces?

Well here's somebody who's talking about it (besides me and I have been saying it for years) I am sure there are more and perhaps they will be posted too if folks can force themselves to say anything good about GWBush. Makes me crazy.

http://www.thenationalpatriot.com/2015/10/21/isis-is-now-using-wmd-saddams-wmd/

I don't know that I follow your logic on this one...

Most of the criticism of the Bush military efforts is that we were falsely invading Iraq based on that assertion that they had WMDs...

If what you're saying is the case, and GWB knew that there were WMDs in Syria, the original question would still stand, why were we in Iraq?

Technically, that would make Bush look even worse.

"I thought there were weapons in Iraq, so we invaded...I was wrong" isn't nearly as bad as... "I knew there were weapons in Syria, but I knowingly invaded the wrong country instead"

Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know that I follow your logic on this one...

Most of the criticism of the Bush military efforts is that we were falsely invading Iraq based on that assertion that they had WMDs...

If what you're saying is the case, and GWB knew that there were WMDs in Syria, the original question would still stand, why were we in Iraq?

Technically, that would make Bush look even worse.

"I thought there were weapons in Iraq, so we invaded...I was wrong" isn't nearly as bad as... "I knew there were weapons in Syria, but I knowingly invaded the wrong country instead"

The whole world thought they were in Iraq. Saddam moved them to Syria after or more likely before we invaded. Bush knew AFTER we invaded. They didn't just disappear into thin air. He did not 'falsely invade' Iraq. Course everyone was Monday morning quarter-backing by then.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The whole world thought they were in Iraq. Saddam moved them to Syria after or more likely before we invaded. Bush knew AFTER we invaded. They didn't just disappear into thin air. He did not 'falsely invade' Iraq. Course everyone was Monday morning quarter-backing by then.

And still are. During the Clinton administration Iraqi's ducked their heads every time Monica Lewinsky went up to the Hill to testify, but that was always considered an appropriate use of force by the same people decrying Bush.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The U.S. military believed Iraq had chemical weapons and would used them if invaded (US military units were prepared for such an attack). Most people did not question that Iraq had chemical weapons at the time of invasion.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So...you can supply proof for any of the above? :scratch:
tulc(such assurance could only be based on providable evidence) :wave:

Upvote 0