Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We are now discovering to our horror that Isis is using mustard gas and other wmd's.

I wonder where and how they got those WMD'S???? Do you think maybe in Syria, where GW and others said they hid them? Why isn't anyone talking about this? Why the silence from the folks with egg on their faces?

Well here's somebody who's talking about it (besides me and I have been saying it for years) I am sure there are more and perhaps they will be posted too if folks can force themselves to say anything good about GWBush. Makes me crazy.

http://www.thenationalpatriot.com/2015/10/21/isis-is-now-using-wmd-saddams-wmd/

Reactions: Thursday

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We are now discovering to our horror that Isis is using mustard gas and other wmd's.

I wonder where and how they got those WMD'S???? Do you think maybe in Syria, where GW and others said they hid them? Why isn't anyone talking about this? Why the silence from the folks with egg on their faces?

Well here's somebody who's talking about it (besides me and I have been saying it for years) I am sure there are more and perhaps they will be posted too if folks can force themselves to say anything good about GWBush. Makes me crazy.

http://www.thenationalpatriot.com/2015/10/21/isis-is-now-using-wmd-saddams-wmd/

Umm... People have talked about this. Syria had their own chemical weapons program.

http://www.npr.org/2012/12/07/166755923/syrias-chemical-weapons-include-sarin-mustard-gas

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Umm... People have talked about this. Syria had their own chemical weapons program.

http://www.npr.org/2012/12/07/166755923/syrias-chemical-weapons-include-sarin-mustard-gas

Well, like I said at the time, where better for Saddam to hide his? But no,they would rather ruin a man's reputation when truth be known EVERYONE believed Saddam had wmd's and he had plenty of time to hide them. Somebody owes GW an apology....particularly the Democrates who voted to go to war in Iraq. Hillary for one. And Trump needs to just shut up.

Reactions: Thursday
Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Mustard and Chlorine gas, which are the two chemical weapons they have been accused of using are simple to manufacture and ISIS has all the necessary resources in the territory they control to create them so they would not necessarily have to seize them from any stockpile in Iraq or Syria.

I was too young to have a firm understanding of what was happening in 2003 but just based on my current knowledge of the region, and not simply hindsight, I wouldn't have supported an invasion. Defeating Saddam would be easy but rebuilding the country and establishing a democracy would take a lot of time and money and there would be no assurance that it would work out in the end. They are fighting a Civil War right now that started only 3 years after we withdrew so obviously it didn't really work out. I expect the Iraqi Government to win the war but what happened may be a pattern that repeats itself time and time again. The Shia dominated Iraqi Government will alienate the Sunni's, the Sunni's will get angry and this will lead to another conflict.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You believe Saddam hid his WMD in the same country he was involved in a brutal war with for 8 years? Somehow that seems...unlikely. :sorry:
tulc(suspects President Bush has a lot more to apologize for then anyone else) :wave:
What 8 year war between Iraq and Syria are you referring to? I think you are mixing up Iran and Syria.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That isn't what Duelfer said. He spoke to Syria's program to test deployment mechanisms, not to actually produce the weapons. Quote:

"There is much more confidence about the Syrian case than there was about the Iraqi case. First of all, Bashar al-Assad has not denied that he has chemical weapons. He has not, you know, agreed to the chemical weapons treaty. They're one of the few countries which is not. So they've made pretty clear that they have these weapons. They've been testing the deployment mechanisms in ways so they're quite visible. So they've not been trying to conceal their capabilities."

As to who did produce those weapons, from the New York Sun:

Iraq's WMD Secreted in Syria, Sada Says

The man who served as the no. 2 official in Saddam Hussein's air force says Iraq moved weapons of mass destruction into Syria before the war by loading the weapons into civilian aircraft in which the passenger seats were removed.

The Iraqi general, Georges Sada, makes the charges in a new book, "Saddam's Secrets," released this week. He detailed the transfers in an interview yesterday with The New York Sun.

"There are weapons of mass destruction gone out from Iraq to Syria, and they must be found and returned to safe hands," Mr. Sada said. "I am confident they were taken over."

Mr. Sada's comments come just more than a month after Israel's top general during Operation Iraqi Freedom, Moshe Yaalon, told the Sun that Saddam "transferred the chemical agents from Iraq to Syria."

Source: http://www.nysun.com/foreign/iraqs-wmd-secreted-in-syria-sada-says/26514/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That isn't what Duelfer said. He spoke to Syria's program to test deployment mechanisms, not to actually produce the weapons. Quote:

"There is much more confidence about the Syrian case than there was about the Iraqi case. First of all, Bashar al-Assad has not denied that he has chemical weapons. He has not, you know, agreed to the chemical weapons treaty. They're one of the few countries which is not. So they've made pretty clear that they have these weapons. They've been testing the deployment mechanisms in ways so they're quite visible. So they've not been trying to conceal their capabilities."

The man who served as the no. 2 official in Saddam Hussein's air force says Iraq moved weapons of mass destruction into Syria before the war by loading the weapons into civilian aircraft in which the passenger seats were removed.

The Iraqi general, Georges Sada, makes the charges in a new book, "Saddam's Secrets," released this week. He detailed the transfers in an interview yesterday with The New York Sun.

"There are weapons of mass destruction gone out from Iraq to Syria, and they must be found and returned to safe hands," Mr. Sada said. "I am confident they were taken over."

Mr. Sada's comments come just more than a month after Israel's top general during Operation Iraqi Freedom, Moshe Yaalon, told the Sun that Saddam "transferred the chemical agents from Iraq to Syria."

Source: http://www.nysun.com/foreign/iraqs-wmd-secreted-in-syria-sada-says/26514/

Yeah, that's one guy claiming that two of his buddies told him that they transported some barrels with a skull and crossbones on them. So far, nobody has been able to corroborate that story (or any similar ones).

Well, like I said at the time, where better for Saddam to hide his? But no,they would rather ruin a man's reputation when truth be known EVERYONE believed Saddam had wmd's and he had plenty of time to hide them. Somebody owes GW an apology....particularly the Democrates who voted to go to war in Iraq. Hillary for one. And Trump needs to just shut up.

No one forced us to go in and W's administration was certainly looking for a reason to go to war and selective about the information they wished to believe regarding WMD. My opinion of him isn't as strident as other folk's, but saying that we owe him an apology is absurd.

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, that's one guy claiming that two of his buddies told him that they transported some barrels with a skull and crossbones on them. So far, nobody has been able to corroborate that story (or any similar ones).

No one forced us to go in and W's administration was certainly looking for a reason to go to war and selective about the information they wished to believe regarding WMD. My opinion of him isn't as strident as other folk's, but saying that we owe him an apology is absurd.

I heard the other day that nationally his approval rating is 70 per cent. "Do ya miss me now?" I think I'll vote for Jeb just because.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I heard the other day that nationally his approval rating is 70 per cent.
Everyone is more popular when they can't send anyone to fight for what turned out to be a lie. Heck, even President Nixon was more popular after he got out of office. :D
"Do ya miss me now?"
not even sort of. :oldthumbsup:
I think I'll vote for Jeb just because.
...better vote early then, he's probably not going to make it through the primaries. :wave:
tulc(thought President Nixon was a pretty good foreign policy President) :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

:doh: except that this theory has been thoroughly debunked, and bush already admitted iraq had no WMDs. and (hint, hint) saddam had nothing to with with 9-11 either in case you were thinking about posting a brilliant thread about that, as well...

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Had a friend in the military who specialized in WMDs. They did not locate them, there were none of recent production (the ones that were illegal). What Saddam had was the ability to manufacture them quickly, but this was not against the sanctions on him. The intel was flawed as it was all based on one source who turns out to be lying, but people were eager to believe him because of Sadaam's behavior, and his efforts to ready himself for production once it was legal for him to start back up again.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Had a friend in the military who specialized in WMDs. They did not locate them, there were none of recent production (the ones that were illegal). What Saddam had was the ability to manufacture them quickly, but this was not against the sanctions on him. The intel was flawed as it was all based on one source who turns out to be lying, but people were eager to believe him because of Sadaam's behavior, and his efforts to ready himself for production once it was legal for him to start back up again.

Saddam was a convicted war criminal, and a tyrant who defied UN resolutions and started aggression in both Gulf wars. Saddam broke the peace. Saddam kicked out UN peace keepers who were supposed to monitor his weapons capability,

Reactions: zippy2
Upvote 0

Uncle Siggy

Promulgator of Annoying Tidbits of Information
Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

http://fas.org/irp/eprint/cw-syria.pdf

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,575.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Saddam was a convicted war criminal, and a tyrant who defied UN resolutions and started aggression in both Gulf wars. Saddam broke the peace. Saddam kicked out UN peace keepers who were supposed to monitor his weapons capability,
Watch those goalposts go!

Upvote 0