Not open for further replies.

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
http://www.christianforums.com/t2493405-i-know-the-truth-now.html

As we are not allowed to respond to topics in other Congregations, I decided to address a person brought up in another topic here.

The world is full of anti-Catholicism and I think it may be useful to address some of its sources, that we might be familiar with them.

According to this guy:
"The Pope believes that he's God. The Roman church does not hide the fact that they believe that he is the Vicar of Christ. The average member will tell you, "Oh, no, we don't really believe that," but if you read there's a book that he just came out with, and on the third page he not only says that he is the Vicar of Christ, but on the third page he says, to be a Roman Catholic you must believe that he is the second Person of the Godhead. In HIS autobiography, coming out of HIS mouth, this is what HE says in a book HE wrote two years ago. And it's on the third page. As a matter of fact, I believe I have that book and I'll make copies and bring the copies of the direct quote."

The above claim is, to put it bluntly, a lie.
Of course, Catholics not only read the bible, but we also don't believe the Pope is God or the second Person of the Godhead. Such claims are totally absurd.

According to the Church, the Pope is the title for the Bishop of Rome, the successor of Peter the Apostle. He is a mortal human being, sinful and fallible, like all of us. He is not God, nor part of the Godhead. The Godhead consists of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit- as is said at every Mass (not Father, the Pope and the Holy Spirit). It would be advisable for anyone reading or listen to the man to please check with all claims he makes, especially the most dramatic, as they will definately not be true.

For Catholics, any mention of the man should advice you to immediately be weary about what's to be said next ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.