about fasting of outsiders of orthodoxy

cosmicom

Sep 15, 2013
✟15,114.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi I spanish, raised catholic, but now i think that if i had a child, i would prefer to breed him in orthodoxy rather than catholicism because there are a lot of modernism and i dont like the new ways of catholic church, but, on the other hand, i see orthodoxy very pleasant, and i think that´s the best place for the soul

After saying this, i think that if i love the better for my son why not willing to do the best for me? the problem, no living next to a chapel:liturgy::crosseo:, not now, not in the future, and i´m not suitted in traveling.

Sooooo, about fasting, beeing as i am, not receiver of any sacrament of orthodox church, not under any patriarch o orthodox law... Am I subjected to fasting rules of orthodoxy? Maybe my rules of fasting must be of roman catholic church?

:prayer: pleeeeeease help me, i need opinions and facts. I actually NEED it¡¡ pleeeease:pray:

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
welcome to TAW!

no you are not under any Orthodox obligation to fast or not fast. if you feel drawn to Orthodoxy, then find your closest priest, and talk to him. he will help guide you when you fast, even as a non Orthodox if you are leaning that way.

Upvote 0

AV1

Jul 25, 2013
Michigan
✟15,355.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The rules are to bring you closer to God. They are not rules for rules sake. I would also suggest Ancient Faith Radio as a learning tool since you are not close to a parish.

If you post where you live, I am sure someone can find you a priest to talk to that is relatively nearby.

Upvote 0