Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To be fair... the guy was on the public sidewalk, not positioned between the abortionist and his car. The guy stopped his car and got out and pummelled the other guy. BIG difference.

That said, I would have a problem with people snappin pics of me while I left work - even if they were on the sidewalk. Prolly tell 'em to go blank themselves but I can't see attacking them.

My bad, I misread the article. If that guy made it safely into his car, he had no reason to get out - unless, like Charlie suggested, he feared that these pictures might be used by violent people to target attacks against him, in which case I think his decision to make with the beatdown was still a defensable one if the beating were a necesarry step in destroying the camera ((as he tried to do, perhaps thinking he succeeded).

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'm sure it does the (small, I admit) part of you the likes being a victim to say this but sincerely, how would be know this ?

This is a minor scuffle between a jerk with a camera and a guy who had his privacy violated.

This kind of thing happens everyday in California between the famous and the paperatzzi (sp)

The only assaults on clinics and their personal by anti-abortionists I can recall being reported extensively in the media involved fire, explosives and gunfire.

If the guy had pulled a gun and pumped 7 or 8 bullets into the camera toting anti-abortionist I daresay THAT would have made the news.

Well I really do think that if the pro lifer had thrown the first punch it would be a bigger story because of the backdrop of past violence by extreme elements. I don't think that is a media bias issue...well not a left right one. The media is biased toward sensationalism not an agenda. They respond to what will get the greatest number of eyes on them.

And this type of story does not have the normal "pop" they like. If it was the pro-lifer then it would serve as a gateway to old stories of pro-life extreme behavior. And I think they would cover it more.

It is an issue of public interest and the potential for sensationalism. So in that I think that if the situation was reversed...even a minor scuffle would be bigger news.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To be fair... the guy was on the public sidewalk, not positioned between the abortionist and his car. The guy stopped his car and got out and pummelled the other guy. BIG difference.

That said, I would have a problem with people snappin pics of me while I left work - even if they were on the sidewalk. Prolly tell 'em to go blank themselves but I can't see attacking them.
Thank you hsilgne for actually reading the article. That always helps. :)

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you hsilgne for actually reading the article. That always helps. :)

I'm so sorry Michie. How big of you to post that. Would you consider being my spiritual director, you're such a good person!

I'm so sorry that I missed that part. I even said it was "my bad". How can I make it up to you?

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm so sorry Michie. How big of you to post that. Would you consider being my spiritual director, you're such a good person!

I'm so sorry that I missed that part. I even said it was "my bad". How can I make it up to you?
Its ok sweetie-pie. No need to be so hard on yourself. ;)

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Would you really be unbothered if a man were waiting for you in front of your workplace taking photographs of you, didn't stop when you asked him to? Would you still be unbothered if at the end of your shift the same man were waiting for you and positioned himself in between you and your car? Fearing for my safety, I would belt the guy. When we fear for our safety, we are allowed to strike people. You need not wait until the nutjob produce a gun or knife to defend yourself.

When a man is acting like this towards the elderly, as the man who suffered the sore muscles and lacerations in this case, I have a real hard time feeling sorry for him. In fact, I think it's great that the old guy gave him a pounding.

There are many ways to combat abortion without harrassing the elderly.

What if your workplace was Auschwitz ?

You act like it was the manager of a McDonalds who assaulted the pro-lifer.

This man goes to work and murders babys. Too bad he is elderly and butchers babys.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.