Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yet another Clinica Medica Para La Mujer abortionist is now in trouble with the law.
SANTA ANA, Calif., Aug. 5 /Christian Newswire/ --
A pro-life man was violently attacked by an abortionist on a public sidewalk outside a Santa Ana abortion clinic on Saturday, August 2, 2008. The man, who wants only to be known as Tim, was first shoved, then battered, punched and choked by the abortionist who objected to his attempts to photograph him. Tim sustained lacerations and muscle pain that impaired his ability to conduct his normal activities as a result of the attack.

Continued- http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/446097379.html

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What a loser - the photographer who got beat up I mean.

Tim (the photographer) sustained lacerations and muscle pain that impaired his ability to conduct his normal activities as a result of the attack.

Wuss. The "attacker" was a fat 66-year-old. Come on.

...also, if as I came to work a stranger was photographing me, and that person waitied several hours in th eparking lot until I left at the end of the day, they blocked my path to my car and proceded to photograph me some more, I'd probably feel threatened enough by the wierdo to do my best to put his teeth out.

Is there a copy of this story from a less biased source - you know, one that doesn't use terms like "abortion mill"?

:rollseyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What a loser - the photographer who got beat up I mean.

Wuss. The "attacker" was a fat 66-year-old. Come on.

...also, if as I came to work a stranger was photographing me, and that person waitied several hours in th eparking lot until I left at the end of the day, they blocked my path to my car and proceded to photograph me some more, I'd probably feel threatened enough by the wierdo to do my best to put his teeth out.

Is there a copy of this story from a less biased source - you know, one that doesn't use terms like "abortion mill"?

:rollseyes:
You could always look yourself.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This is an individual situation in which two individuals are involved, and I don't think we can draw any universal truths about family planning clinic workers or pro-life demonstrators from it.

About all we can draw from it is the desire for better communication and more mutual respect from both sides.

Many family planning clinic workers are kindhearted people who genuinely believe they are helping the women they see. If you look at them that way, as kindhearted people who have a different belief about when human life begins, perhaps you can even find some common ground where you can help women.

Similarly, family planning clinic workers should look at pro-lifers as good, kindhearted people who sometimes violate the boundaries of tact and good taste in promoting their cause. But they can find common ground.

I am sorry this individual man was injured by an individual man, and the situation doesn't mean anything other than that to me.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
There are fruitloops in every group.

But I have to say if the pro-lifer had attacked the Dr. I think it would be all over the news right now.

I'd have to say I agree with both of those points.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I wonder how often fantasies of violence remain only fantasies?
That is what is interesting about these forums too. Because we are cloaked with anonymity, we may often see these fantasies unravel long before they become fully public.

One can only hope that there are enough resources here that somebody can reach out before the fantasy becomes real enough.

It is an individual case i guess. Possibly pro-lifer activists have become demonized and dehumanized in our society to the point where a person feels justified in his violence, but just as likely it was just a convenient target for a crank looking for something to kick.
Either that or he really did have something to hide.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

D'Ann

Catholic... Faith, Hope and the greatest is LOVE
Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yup... I also have to say that I agree with Dave who agrees with Michie on those points.

I believe that we all do need to respect each other and be respectful. That being said, there is no real excuse for a man to beat up another man for taking a few pictures.

Interesting article. Thanks Michie for providing the other links too. :hug:

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yup... I also have to say that I agree with Dave who agrees with Michie on those points.

I believe that we all do need to respect each other and be respectful. That being said, there is no real excuse for a man to beat up another man for taking a few pictures.

Interesting article. Thanks Michie for providing the other links too. :hug:

Would you really be unbothered if a man were waiting for you in front of your workplace taking photographs of you, didn't stop when you asked him to? Would you still be unbothered if at the end of your shift the same man were waiting for you and positioned himself in between you and your car? Fearing for my safety, I would belt the guy. When we fear for our safety, we are allowed to strike people. You need not wait until the nutjob produce a gun or knife to defend yourself.

When a man is acting like this towards the elderly, as the man who suffered the sore muscles and lacerations in this case, I have a real hard time feeling sorry for him. In fact, I think it's great that the old guy gave him a pounding.

There are many ways to combat abortion without harrassing the elderly.

Upvote 0

2Cosmic2Charlie

With websites and demented craiziods putting up posters of workers, nurses and doctors that include pictures, phone numbers, addresses and schedules movements of those workers along with suggestions of how to harress and otherwise threaten these people being in your face about taking a photo is a threatening act.

Pro-lifers aren't above justifiy all manner of violence to get their ends

(I'm really sick of hearing "I don't justify the shooting/beat down/arson/whatever but I understand it - have to courage to admit you're glad someone or something got hurt)

Self defense should be its own defense.

Upvote 0

Chococat

I love Jesus and kittycats
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟10,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
While I'm pro-life I have to agree with you here Charlie.:thumbsup: I hate the way some pro life groups harrass abortionists and clinic worker. That is no way to change people's hearts, in fact this sort of behavior will only harden people further. However there are plenty of prolifers who don't do this and totally oppose this sort of harrassment.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
However there are plenty of prolifers who don't do this and totally oppose this sort of harrassment.

I'm with you. I like to think that most pro-lifers oppose this sort of behavior because of what it is - counter-productive harrassment. If this kind of garbage is what we're resorting to it sends the message that our argument is very weak.

....but not as weak as the guy who got beat up after harrassing an elderly fat guy:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hsilgne

Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Would you still be unbothered if at the end of your shift the same man were waiting for you and positioned himself in between you and your car?

To be fair... the guy was on the public sidewalk, not positioned between the abortionist and his car. The guy stopped his car and got out and pummelled the other guy. BIG difference.

That said, I would have a problem with people snappin pics of me while I left work - even if they were on the sidewalk. Prolly tell 'em to go blank themselves but I can't see attacking them.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My point is that if the attack was reversed it would be a very big headline.

Without a doubt. It isn't fair, I agree.

Perhaps we have to be extra vigilant about purging nutjobs from our cause and distancing ourselves from the counter-productive folk?

Upvote 0

2Cosmic2Charlie

My point is that if the attack was reversed it would be a very big headline.

I'm sure it does the (small, I admit) part of you the likes being a victim to say this but sincerely, how would be know this ?

This is a minor scuffle between a jerk with a camera and a guy who had his privacy violated.

This kind of thing happens everyday in California between the famous and the paperatzzi (sp)

The only assaults on clinics and their personal by anti-abortionists I can recall being reported extensively in the media involved fire, explosives and gunfire.

If the guy had pulled a gun and pumped 7 or 8 bullets into the camera toting anti-abortionist I daresay THAT would have made the news.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.