Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
and the baby is in the exact place where it's supposed to be

To some it seems to be the garbage can, for convenience purposes of course...

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Should we condemn God for allowing it to happen on it's own?

Miscarriage is when a baby dies in the womb before 20 weeks of pregnancy.Among women who know they are pregnant, about 10 to 15 out of 100 pregnancies (10 to 15 percent) end in miscarriage. As many as half of all pregnancies may end in miscarriage—we don’t know the exact number because many may happen before a woman knows she’s pregnant.

Miscarriage is not premeditated intent to terminate.

Does not apply.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Miscarriage is not premeditated intent to terminate.

Seems so..

Jeremiah 1:5

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When a woman is savagely raped and becomes pregnant-the abortion issue becomes a bit more ethically problematic. Of course a Christian woman is expected to carry the pregnancy to term.
But it is essential that we understand the severe emotional stress that carrying such a life to term involves for the rape victim. It isn't merely a matter of disrespecting or respecting the sacredness of life. If a woman were an unemotional robot then it would be viewed from that totally objective viewpoint. But such isn't the case.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When a woman is savagely raped and becomes pregnant-the abortion issue becomes a bit more ethically problematic. Of course a Christian woman is expected to carry the pregnancy to term.
But it is essential that we understand the severe emotional stress that carrying such a life to term involves for the rape victim. It isn't merely a matter of disrespecting or respecting the sacredness of life. If a woman were an unemotional robot then it would be viewed from that totally objective viewpoint. But such isn't the case.
May Christ bear witness to what I am stating. As a child growing up I always knew I was adopted; my parents never kept that from me, and I never had issues with it. However, in my latter years as a christian, and in fellowship with Jesus, God spoke to me more than once. "Your were born from violence." I never understood what that meant. Until about 10ish years ago a man prophetically spoke to me claiming I was born from a rape. I put 2+2 together and went to go speak with my Mom. As soon as I told her what had been said she lost all composer, begging me to forgive her for never telling me.

That is a short paraphrased version, but the point I'm trying to convey is: As an adopted child, born from a rape, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for my life. I know all too well I could have been killed in the womb, and thrown in the trash. I am so thankful to my God for a 'mother' that respected life enough to understand it was not my fault, and allowed me to live. I had no say at all in this event. My life was in others hands before I was even aware I was in trouble.That, disturbs me to this day. Knowing how easily my life could have been ended. I have have a daughter, that would not have existed had I been aborted. She is a beautiful vibrant person full of life. At the time of her mother's pregnancy, I was in highschool, (19) and my daughter was an 'accident' after a one night fling at a party. After being approached by my girlfriend, and asked if we should keep it; I adamantly demanded her to not "kill my child, and my mother's grand baby". Now one day I may have Grandchildren. None of which would be possible had I myself, or my daughter been aborted.

This 'accident' is now going to college to continue working with disabled children. She has been a camp counselor for YMCA, working with handicapped, and mentally disabled children since 8th grade. I cannot tell you how many lives she has touched. On and on I could go.... but I cannot shake what would not have happened had we not been allowed to live.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
May Christ bear witness to what I am stating. As a child growing up I always knew I was adopted; my parents never kept that from me, and I never had issues with it. However, in my latter years as a christian, and in fellowship with Jesus, God spoke to me more than once. "Your were born from violence." I never understood what that meant. Until about 10ish years ago a man prophetically spoke to me claiming I was born from a rape. I put 2+2 together and went to go speak with my Mom. As soon as I told her what had been said she lost all composer, begging me to forgive her for never telling me.

That is a short paraphrased version, but the point I'm trying to convey is: As an adopted child, born from a rape, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for my life. I know all too well I could have been killed in the womb, and thrown in the trash. I am so thankful to my God for a 'mother' that respected life enough to understand it was not my fault, and allowed me to live. I had no say at all in this event. My life was in others hands before I was even aware I was in trouble.That, disturbs me to this day. Knowing how easily my life could have been ended. I have have a daughter, that would not have existed had I been aborted. She is a beautiful vibrant person full of life. At the time of her mother's pregnancy, I was in highschool, (19) and my daughter was an 'accident' after a one night fling at a party. After being approached by my girlfriend, and asked if we should keep it; I adamantly demanded her to not "kill my child, and my mother's grand baby". Now one day I may have Grandchildren. None of which would be possible had I myself, or my daughter been aborted.

This 'accident' is now going to college to continue working with disabled children. She has been a camp counselor for YMCA, working with handicapped, and mentally disabled children since 8th grade. I cannot tell you how many lives she has touched. On and on I could go.... but I cannot shake what would not have happened had we not been allowed to live.

Thank you for sharing those thoughts.

Life is indeed precious and the unborn are not to blame for the way in which they were conceived. That is something that should always be kept in mind. My mother purposefully aborted all my siblings and I have always wondered how it would have felt to have a brother or a sister. Guess I'll never know unless somewhere somehow they were cared for and were allowed to grow up after they were unceremoniously eliminated.

I personally don't approve of abortion and consider it murder. But I do understand that when a woman is raped it is difficult to carry the life to term because for some it feels as if it is an unbearable extension of the abuse. But although I empathize and feel compassion for the woman in that situation, I just can't approve of it.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's a dictionary definition of "Parasite" for you:

It is also a seriously flawed comparison. Parasites are uninvited guest which grow more harmful to the host organism over time. Human reproduction leads to human offspring. That developing embryos draw their sustenance from the mother is exactly how the system is supposed to work.

Upvote 0

Super Hotdog Salesman

Oct 26, 2015
✟7,785.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
It is also a seriously flawed comparison. Parasites are uninvited guest which grow more harmful to the host organism over time. Human reproduction leads to human offspring. That developing embryos draw their sustenance from the mother is exactly how the system is supposed to work.

Do you have a reason why the situation does not fit the definition of the word I provided? If the situation fits the definition I provided then I used the word correctly, despite any other definition you provide. It seems to me that even using your definition, an unwanted pregnancy certainly would be and "uninvited guest which grows more harmful to the host organism over time."

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you have a reason why the situation does not fit the definition of the word I provided?

Parasites are destructive. Pregnancy isn't. Parasites destroy life. Pregnancy renews life. Your comparison is flawed.

It seems to me that even using your definition, an unwanted pregnancy certainly would be and "uninvited guest which grows more harmful to the host organism over time."

That is because you are pro-abortion. Therefore anything to dehumanize those being aborted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Super Hotdog Salesman

Oct 26, 2015
✟7,785.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Parasites are destructive. Pregnancy isn't. Parasites destroy life. Pregnancy renews life. Your comparison is flawed.

You could have just said "no" if you don't have a reason. You're certainly free to reject a definition of a word; I'm happy with the dictionary agreeing with me.

That is because you are pro-abortion. Therefore anything to dehumanize those being aborted.

I haven't said whether I'm pro-abortion or pro-life. My position or character is irrelevant. Facts and logic are what's important in discussion.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you have a reason why the situation does not fit the definition of the word I provided? If the situation fits the definition I provided then I used the word correctly, despite any other definition you provide. It seems to me that even using your definition, an unwanted pregnancy certainly would be and "uninvited guest which grows more harmful to the host organism over time."

humpty-dumpty.gif

Upvote 0

nomadictheist

Alive in Christ
Feb 8, 2014
Home
✟21,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Should we condemn God for allowing it to happen on it's own?

Miscarriage is when a baby dies in the womb before 20 weeks of pregnancy.Among women who know they are pregnant, about 10 to 15 out of 100 pregnancies (10 to 15 percent) end in miscarriage. As many as half of all pregnancies may end in miscarriage—we don’t know the exact number because many may happen before a woman knows she’s pregnant.
You might as well have stopped when you asked the question "Should we condemn God?"

While I see the "logical path" you are trying to take us down, it doesn't work. Because God also causes tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, and other "natural disasters" that kill hundreds, or even thousands, of people every year. Does that mean that a serial killer is justified in targeting and killing people that he desires to?

God is the author of human life, and can end any life when He chooses.

Mankind is mankind, and has no right to take another innocent human life.

So next time you think your point needs to start with "Should we condemn God?..." you may want to reconsider what follows.

Upvote 0