Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
At a Catholic parish in Athy, Ireland, a lesbian couple who resigned from parish ministry after entering legal marriage has returned to active participation- and to loud applause. So now everyone is welcome at St. Michael's parish, right? Wrong. Anthony Murphy, the editor of Catholic Voice- the man who objected to the lesbian couple's prominent role in parish life- has received so many threats that he is, on the advise of local police, staying away from the parish.

Continued below.
http://www.catholicculture.org/commentary/otn.cfm?id=1177

• Informative
Reactions: pdudgeon

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
quote from the article:
"Eventually the failure to answer a question is itself a sort of answer: a judgment that truth and integrity are less important than temporary peace and comfort. Such an answer is unworthy of Christians."

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Marriage is about our relationship to God. Marriage signifies the relationship between the Church (the Bride) and Jesus (the Bridegroom). So-called "same-sex marriage" is a false gospel and is satanic because it symbolizes the Church without Jesus.

“We are now standing in the face of the greatest historical confrontation humanity has gone through. I do not think that wide circles of American society or wide circles of the Christian community realize this fully. We are now facing the final confrontation between the Church and the anti-Church, of the Gospel versus the anti-Gospel.
“We must be prepared to undergo great trials in the not-too-distant future; trials that will require us to be ready to give up even our lives, and a total gift of self to Christ and for Christ. Through your prayers and mine, it is possible to alleviate this tribulation, but it is no longer possible to avert it. . . .How many times has the renewal of the Church been brought about in blood! It will not be different this time.”

Bicentennial talk given in the United States by the future St. John Paul II, then Cardinal Karol Wojtyla of Kraków, Poland

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
quote from the article:
"Eventually the failure to answer a question is itself a sort of answer: a judgment that truth and integrity are less important than temporary peace and comfort. Such an answer is unworthy of Christians."

Right on! Only the most pitiable cowards refuse to directly answer difficult questions presented to them. This refusal is, as the arrival correctly states and you shared, a very clear answer in itself. "Christians" should hold themselves to higher standards and when we see our peers embarrassing themselves so we should call on them to answer boldly and directly.

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
..."But then again, if you know the whole story, you may wonder why Murphy would ever want to attend Mass at St. Michael’s...."
I didn't have to read any further to wonder why he would, or why I would. Another case of the touchy feely "I'm OK You're OK" gone too far IMO.

And I was going to say I wonder why this couple even wants go to there, given their a la carte dismissal of Catholic beliefs, but given the congregation's applause, I can see why.

ugh.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
At a Catholic parish in Athy, Ireland, a lesbian couple who resigned from parish ministry after entering legal marriage has returned to active participation- and to loud applause. So now everyone is welcome at St. Michael's parish, right? Wrong. Anthony Murphy, the editor of Catholic Voice- the man who objected to the lesbian couple's prominent role in parish life- has received so many threats that he is, on the advise of local police, staying away from the parish.

Continued below.
http://www.catholicculture.org/commentary/otn.cfm?id=1177
Who are the pope Francis Catholics in all of this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Why are you asking me?
It was a rhetorical question to nobody in particular. Maybe it was just my bad for thinking I needed to ask such a question. I start to feel that we've collectively dove off the diving board into the deep end with lead weights on. Maranatha.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I despise the term "Pope Francis Catholic."

Well it's a false term anyway.
Im Catholic and that isn't depending on Francis holding office.

Francis is my pope today and so I obey him tomorrow it might be Crd Sarah.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Exactly. Built on a false narrative.
Well it's a false term anyway.
Im Catholic and that isn't depending on Francis holding office.

Francis is my pope today and so I obey him tomorrow it might be Crd Sarah.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was a rhetorical question to nobody in particular. Maybe it was just my bad for thinking I needed to ask such a question. I start to feel that we've collectively dove off the diving board into the deep end with lead weights on. Maranatha.
People since the beginning of his pontificate have tried to use him as a puppet to validate their own views. It's disgusting. He is the Pope. A continuation of Peter. There is only the teachings of the Church and the various ways we follow them. (Not try to get around them, twist them
or break them) I have not seen Pope Francis break a single teaching in our deposit of faith. What individuals choose to brand themselves with other than Catholic does not interest me at all. It is all based on pride and self importance imo.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
People since the beginning of his pontificate have tried to use him as a puppet to validate their own views. It's disgusting. He is the Pope. A continuation of Peter. There is only the teachings of the Church and the various ways we follow them. I have not seen Pope Francis break a single teaching in out deposit of faith. What individuals choose to brand themselves with other than Catholic does not interest me at all. It is all based on pride and self importance imo.

You know, the pope actually used almost the same words as you did a few weeks ago.
He said something about it being despicable to use Christ to suit and support your own agendas.

Interesting to read the similarity.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow! I'll take that as a compliment. :)
You know, the pope actually used almost the same words as you did a few weeks ago.
He said something about it being despicable to use Christ to suit and support your own agendas.

Interesting to read the similarity.

Upvote 0